ESPN Feature : Revisiting Conor vs Floyd

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score

0:01
- Introduction to Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Revisited. 0:55 - Floyd comments on rumors of fight vs. Conor. 1:24 - Conor comments on rumors, saying "Floyd needs me". 1:31 - Max Bretos details the hurdles to making this fight happen. 2:00 - The Money Fight is on: McGregor-Mayweather press conferences promoting the fight. 3:15 - Fight highlights, including Conor McGregor's impressive start. 3:30 - Fight highlights, including Floyd Mayweather's 10th round TKO of Conor McGregor. 3:50 - Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather post-fight interviews. 4:25 - Post-fight reactions from Stephen A. Smith, Oscar De La Hoya, Teddy Atlas, Bob Ley. 5:20 - Numbers behind the fight: number of PPV buys, gate receipts, fighter pay, gambling records. 5:45 - Stephen A. Smith asks Floyd Mayweather about his future and possibility of fighting again. 6:20 - Max Bretos details McGregor's post-fight future. 6:45 - Rumors of a rematch in early 2018. 8:05 - McGregor's UFC 223 bus incident and charges against him. 8:35 - Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov fight is announced.

I'd really prefer not to revisit this.

Damn i want to see them bang in the octagon

All that shit Conor talked before the fight...

<36><36><36>

Ended up like...
003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

I hated everything about Mayweather/McGregor. But I still watched it, cause I'm a mark..:(

Conor did better than any other MMA guy would've done. With that said he still got fucked up when Floyd turned it on.

May Mac was the second best fight in boxing history, due to the revenue generated. It's just an objective fact.

In before what a hero, fighting Floyd for that $$$

It was pretty entertaining. Conor did better than he was expected to do, and the immediate comments following the fight reflected that.

He won a few rounds, didn't get embarrased. Although revisionist history would have you believe that he in fact did get embarrased. That wasn't what happened, neither was it the reaction to the fight.

I hated everything about Mayweather/McGregor. But I still watched it, cause I'm a mark..:(
I loved it. It was exciting to talk to friends about and tons of funny shot happened in the buildup. Also, I was in Vegas 5 days for that fight, and it was fucking lit. Every party and club we went to was crowded with an eclectic crowd (vegas crowd+TMT fans+Mac fans+ppl who just like events). The energy was like nothing I’ve ever experienced for real.

due to the revenue generated.
Make sure you emphasize this part, it's really your whole argument. Ali vs Frazier 1&2, Ali vs Foreman, Hagler vs Hearns, Sugar Ray vs Hagler/Hearns, are all dog shit monetarily speaking compared to Conor vs Floyd. Other than that though it was a farce of a fight.

Make sure you emphasize this part, it's really your whole argument. Ali vs Frazier 1&2, Ali vs Foreman, Hagler vs Hearns, Sugar Ray vs Hagler/Hearns, are all dog shit monetarily speaking compared to Conor vs Floyd. Other than that though it was a farce of a fight.

Yes, prize fighting is first and foremost a business and Floyd and Conor are first and foremost entertainers, according to GSP himself: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...ners-first-people-need-to-understand.3809497/

So when you measure the quality of a fight card, the first two metrics should be business and entertainment, and May Mac delivered both in spades, second best of all time behind May Pac.

Yes, prize fighting is first and foremost a business and Floyd and Conor are first and foremost entertainers, according to GSP himself: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...ners-first-people-need-to-understand.3809497/

So when you measure the quality of a fight card, the first two metrics should be business and entertainment, and May Mac delivered both in spades, second best of all time behind May Pac.
Question Bolanos-sama

how do things like inflation as it relates to relative success in a given era factor into determining how good something else

Back