ESPN.COM: "Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather II? Here we go again"

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Aug 30, 2018

"They're back. America's favorite bickering businessmen, Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather, are stalking each other once again on social media, puffing out their cyber-chests and throwing barbs back and forth -- just as they started doing, out of nowhere, a couple of years ago. Back then, serious fans of boxing and MMA mostly shook their heads and guffawed at the implausible notion that these two might actually meet in a ring or cage. Then look what happened."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24522900/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-ii-here-go-again

_______________________________________​

EDIT:

A few thoughts:

1. If Conor is supposedly scheduled to fight Khabib, how can he fight Mayweather 2?

2. If Conor loses to Khabib, would this lower the value of the Mayweather 2 fight?

(unless Conor pulls out of UFC 229, and Ferguson steps in to fight Khabib!)

Last edited:
Floyd's just trying to piggyback off Conor's fame (again.) Pay him no mind.

Is anybody surprised by this?
When's the last time two fighters both made 9 figures for one nights work? Say what you want, but that's incredible business on both sides.

Both are just gonna milk this as much as possible.

<Fedor23>

Only care if MMA, or special rules that allow kicks, elbows and stuff

Last edited:
No thank you, "Fool me once..........."

I don’t think Floyd wants to fight again. He’s got enough cash. Just wants his name out there. He constantly needs attention.

Getting 100 Million easy by beating an amaetur is hard work for Floyd.

Only care if its against a boxer with KO potential.

Conors first fight was a fail.

Getting TKO against a pillow fisted opponant is an embarrasment.

This also assumes he doesn't lose his next fight. Conor loses then he's 100% training for a rematch.

Potential situation:

Khabib wins. Conor goes nuts training for his next MMA fight. Also factor potential injury recovery. Maybe Tony gets a shot after Conor losses. THEN he fights for belt against Tony/Khabib.

That's a long time. This Boxing match might not potentially happen. And Floyd is already old.

Last edited:
Is anybody surprised by this?

Nope.

The minute I saw Floyd play patty-cake and carry Conor for 9 rounds I knew another boxing match was coming.

The only people who bought that shitty spectacle are McG fans who think he actually did well. The guy is boxing's CM Punk.

I honestly do think they'll fight again, but next time it'll be in the cage. Mystic Lockard predicts that Conor will destroy Mayweather inside the octagon in the year 2020. Bookmark this post and wait for it.

As for Floyd, I do think he'll probably box one final time before hanging up the gloves for good. I've felt for awhile that him vs GGG was destined to happen. If Golovkin beats Alvarez in two weeks, I see him and GGG sometime next year probably.

Lost decisively against a retired out of his prime smaller boxer.

Call out the winner of GGG and Canelo. Fight someone your own size. Won’t last 2 rounds.

If he losses against Khabib that shifts the whole timeline down. I'm not sure one way or another who will win, though.

Ok, that makes sense. If Conor loses to Khabib, he loses his value for the Mayweather rematch.

Do you think Conor will make more money with the Mayweather rematch?

I actually don't have any interest in the rematch. I would rather see Conor fight in MMA. I was all over the first fight btw

That said, I would love to see them fight K-1 rules or some modified format that included kicks. I don't think floyd is dumb enough to fight MMA. I think Floyd vs Conor in some modified format that included kicks could set a new PPV record

Ok, that makes sense. If Conor loses to Khabib, he loses his value for the Mayweather rematch.

Do you think Conor will make more money with the Mayweather rematch?

That's hard to say. I think Mayweather has even more leverage this time around. But really I'm not sure what Conor is willing to take.

That's hard to say. I think Mayweather has even more leverage this time around. But really I'm not sure what Conor is willing to take.

Sorry, let me clarify. What I meant to ask was, do you think Conor will make more money fighting Mayweather 2 than fighting vs. Khabib?

Back