Esopha-guss tear forced Charles Oliveira's early UFC Fight Night 74 exit

MMA fighting reported earlier that Olivera said it was a slipped disk in his neck, said his body went numb.

That wouldn't happen with only an eso****us tear.

So which is it?

MMA fighting reported earlier that Olivera said it was a slipped disk in his neck, said his body went numb.

That wouldn't happen with only an eso****us tear.

So which is it?

It could be both. He wrenched his neck pretty hard when his head went into the cage. Multiple injuries happen all the time in accidents.

We'll just have to wait for more clarity.

Oww???

I'm not sure, but it sounds like it would hurt pretty bad...

"the part of the alimentary canal which connects the throat to the stomach. In humans and other vertebrates it is a muscular tube lined with mucous membrane."

For others like me who had no idea what an eso****us was.

whoa, there are people who don't know what the tube that their McRib goes down is called?

I hope he has a complete recovery. Hate to see anything like this.

holy shit...that sounds nasty. hope this doesn't affect his career and long term health. Charles has always been an exciting fighter in the UFC and would hate to see his career end prematurely.

It could be both. He wrenched his neck pretty hard when his head went into the cage. Multiple injuries happen all the time in accidents.

We'll just have to wait for more clarity.

Yeah, I figured that there could have been a couple of things that occurred simultaneously. But the eso****us tear is being reported as THE cause of the stoppage.

One's body doesn't go numb with an eso****us tear and they don't immobilize ones neck and torso, haul them out of the cage with an eso****us injury.

Olivera himself was quoted about the slipped disc.

I guess what my real question is is: Isn't this the seconds time in a few short weeks that a fighter went into the fight with a potential serious physical situation that is of concern? The other being the obvious staph infection on Maia's leg. How are these guys passing their prefight physicals?

Can you really not type eso****us on this site?

Haha. That's hilarious.

Yeah, I figured that there could have been a couple of things that occurred simultaneously. But the eso****us tear is being reported as THE cause of the stoppage.

One's body doesn't go numb with an eso****us tear and they don't immobilize ones neck and torso, haul them out of the cage with an eso****us injury.

Olivera himself was quoted about the slipped disc.

I guess what my real question is is: Isn't this the seconds time in a few short weeks that a fighter went into the fight with a potential serious physical situation that is of concern? The other being the obvious staph infection on Maia's leg. How are these guys passing their prefight physicals?

UFC Doc Jeff Davidson.

Back