News Eryk Anders takes CTE induced beatings for 18k per fight

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s taken two hellacious beatings in the last year against Thiago Santos and now Khalil Rountree getting dropped 4 times. In his main event against Lyoto Machida in Brazil, his salary was only 16k.

Now, I know he signed the contract but this is the life of a UFC athlete? This product is now on big ESPN and these fighters are getting paid peanuts while the company rakes in most of the profits and leaves remaining table scraps for the people who are in the damn cage.

The only silver lining here for Anders is that he was able to take a break in between fighting ballerina stylist and ring girl Elias Theodore.

kMPwKxA.gif

AcademicTornCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Bless fighters for fighting for minimum wage, especially the folks with degrees. Keep us entertained.

He's an A level athlete my dude. WIth 2 more weeks of TDD he'll be champion.

At least he’ll get to attend the UFC athlete’s retreat this year and get a 50% off Reebok coupon, this time for his wife and now they can match cuz they both got one now.

I agree with your post completely TS, and enjoyed the shot at Turdorou at the end. Also great use of gifs to make your point, and raising a bigger question about fighter safety vs reward. 10/10 thread

I don't ever use Penn nodding but it is appropriate TS, nice job.
<mma4>

Oh no a guy decided to fight MMA and sign a contract with the UFC for a certain amount of money.
Thats terribly.

He should have chosen Bellator that STILL tries and sign fighters to 250/250 a fight.

yeah it's sad.

many people earn 4x that just by sitting at a desk shitposting all day

Its gross, they could at least raise the fighters share from 17% to 25%. Not that much of a difference

He's an A level athlete my dude. WIth 2 more weeks of TDD he'll be champion.
Dude couldn't even make it in the NFL. A level athlete my ass. Maybe C level at best. But even still he throws a wrench into the theory that football players can't take the punch or not having the mentality to compete in MMA.

I read some of these CTE inducing posts for free!

He’s taken two hellacious beatings in the last year against Thiago Santos and now Khalil Rountree getting dropped 4 times. In his main event against Lyoto Machida in Brazil, his salary was only 16k.

Now, I know he signed the contract but this is the life of a UFC athlete? This product is now on big ESPN and these fighters are getting paid peanuts while the company rakes in most of the profits and leaves remaining table scraps for the people who are in the damn cage.

The only silver lining here for Anders is that he was able to take a break in between fighting ballerina stylist and ring girl Elias Theodore.

kMPwKxA.gif

AcademicTornCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Brazilian fights payouts aren't reported. Your entired thread is based on years old pay figures and therefore nonsense.

I like how the refs like the fighters get a chance to survive and continue to fight, but this fight should have been stopped earlier. Dude had his leg turned brighter than the big goofs head and was nothing but a one legged punching bag. Ref should have stopped it after the last knock down at the very latest.

This is the unfortunate reality of 99% of fighters - taking horrific beatings, getting nowhere, barely making ends meet, then getting cut and fighting in a lesser promotion until they get too old and weathered and take some dead-end job selling insurance, wondering if their recent inability to find their keys in the morning is the specter of CTE coming to fruition. Oh and the UFC doesn't pay their health-related expenses unless they were incurred in the ring.

So if you have a decent job and don't have to take hits to the head thank the lucky fucking stars because most fighters' lives seem like complete hell.

Bless fighters for fighting for minimum wage, especially the folks with degrees. Keep us entertained.
If that's his only fight this year and it just might be after a beating like that, then 16K after taxes & paying coaches/corner is much less than minimum wage <{JustBleed}>

Back