News Eryk Anders takes CTE induced beatings for 18k per fight

He's an A level athlete my dude. WIth 2 more weeks of TDD he'll be champion.

Eryk is the best example what happens, when you have a shit manager.

He had a little natural talent for grappling and striking, but he had some mental problems.

He was a tough guy, who also showed heart, but tens of thousands of college footballers have it too ... he wasnt athletic enough.

Dudes raw athleticism was never A level ... maybe C - D level.

Anders just isn't very good folks.

I felt for him last weekend. I had money on Rountree after Round 1 though.

Americans were trying to make us believe this is their A athlete who will beat everyone because he had some rudimentary american football background.

Americans were trying to make us believe this is their A athlete who will beat everyone because he had some rudimentary american football background.

A level athlete?

Dude was/is a C-D level athlete.

Eryk was never considere a great athlete at Alabama.

I like how the refs like the fighters get a chance to survive and continue to fight, but this fight should have been stopped earlier. Dude had his leg turned brighter than the big goofs head and was nothing but a one legged punching bag. Ref should have stopped it after the last knock down at the very latest.

I gotta put that shit down to the corner men. Not enough towel throwing is done in MMA.

Remind me why Anders got the Machida fight in the first place?

Too bad he wasn’t better at the football.

A level athlete?

Dude was/is a C-D level athlete.

Eryk was never considere a great athlete at Alabama.

If you never knew Anders and Santos’ background or stories and you had to guess which one was the former premier D1 college athlete everyone would be crazy not to choose Santos. Santos has the explosives of an A level athlete.

He’s taken two hellacious beatings in the last year against Thiago Santos and now Khalil Rountree getting dropped 4 times. In his main event against Lyoto Machida in Brazil, his salary was only 16k.

Now, I know he signed the contract but this is the life of a UFC athlete? This product is now on big ESPN and these fighters are getting paid peanuts while the company rakes in most of the profits and leaves remaining table scraps for the people who are in the damn cage.

The only silver lining here for Anders is that he was able to take a break in between fighting ballerina stylist and ring girl Elias Theodore.

kMPwKxA.gif

AcademicTornCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

The talk at my watching party during this fight was 50% about how were watching Erik get CTE in real time for chump change.... bizarre!

Dude has taken a ridiculous amount of damage his last two fights.

I like how you choose to ignore that he’s the one who decided to keep fighting and taking that damage

Back