Erick Silva

I thought Silva looked great. It sucks for him that he got caught, but that happens sometimes. Its not like the guy got exposed as lacking skills. No one watching that fight could have suspected before that punch landed that he was going to get knocked out.

Erick is a good fighter, he was beating zombie Dong up in the 2nd round but got caught.
Shit happens.

He's still very talented, unfortunately we have seen him get absolutely owned by a top grappler twice now. Once Fitch and DHK had him down they were able to do anything they wanted

Silva is a good fighter, but his cardio seems to be very poor. He was caught due his confidence and to be tired.

Silva is awesome and with some more useful training for his camp , he will manage to be focus for the whole fight .
He looked better than the Dong and look fresher (DHK look like he was about to die from exhaustion in the middle of the cage) .

It helps that you fight in your own country while your opponent has to travel halfway around the world. Just sayin.

I think Silva looked good and was confident he was going to win that fight and at the same time not be as extremely boring like DHK (up until the KO). Silva hade quite a lot of hype prior to the Fitch loss and I think it's good it has cooled down. Hopefully Silva just continues working on his game, remains an exciting fighter and reaches the top 10 (if he has beenk ranked before, it wasn't warranted). In this fight I was rooting for DHK as I somehow forgot how boring he is to watch (I've probably slept through his fights) so in a rematch I would be rooting for Silva and I'm sure he would take it rather easily.

Dong hit him with tha DONG!

It helps that you fight in your own country while your opponent has to travel halfway around the world. Just sayin.

It does but what also help would be to actually show up in the country where you will fight soon earlier .you know to fight the jet lag first .

also doens't apply to Silva but fighting at home when you are the star of the event is also demanding a lot in term of interviews and promotion .
Peoples claim GSP gets it easy for fighting in Canada (in Montreal rather than Canada) but they don't take in consideration that he's on double duty as far as promotion goes .

He will be more relax @ 167 fighting in Vegas .

Remember when people had him and rory on the.same.level?

Silva was bouncing around cage and running away too much, afraid to expend his gas tank. He displayed good tdd but Cardio and keeping hands up will do wonders for one Erick silva.

I'm still on his bandwagon.
He got careless and got punched hard, but I still think he has the tools to be a champion.

His stance really frustrates me......he stands like he's drunk.....hands down, head leaning forward, body sideways to his opponent.

Silva shows some promise, but at the end of the day results matter.
A top notch wrestler showed he could be controlled on the mat, then after possibly showing he improved his TD defence he gets KO'ed.

I don't believe he will ever be in the mix at WW.

Tough luck, but that's the brakes sometimes. I was rooting for Erik, but laughed like crazy when he got KO'd - not really out of disrespect of any sort, just because that finish was so unexpected.

These two guys were pretty much dueling for the right to enter the WW Top 10 in their next match and one had to come up short. I wouldn't worry about Silva's job, he's still a really, really entertaining fighter. I mean, he dispatches low-mid level competition in a really stellar fashion. Even when he loses to people it is a spectacle. When was the last time someone had that exciting of a fight with DHK or Fitch? Unfortunately he's competing in one of the deepest divisions of the sport and will have to stack up a good amount of wins before he gets another chance to cross that threshold.

I don't know if he really showed improvement, it was hard to tell with DHK's gameplan. Seriously, some respect to Dong because only someone with a lot of balls or a straight up psychopath would utilize that strategy. He wasn't just set on making the fight ugly, he was adamant.

Back