Erick didn't gas, he got hurt.

He gassed way before those strike accumulated. He just doesn't have a great tank, probably why he is so aggressive in the early round. Same thing happened in the Fitch and Dong fights.

This.

He totally gassed... once Brown got up after that RNC attempt in the 1st round I knew Brown was going to win. Basically the worst person Silva could fight after gassing is Matt Brown... Brown just had to survive the initial storm

I am positive something got him, that's impossible to gas that quick, it wasn't even 2 minutes! IMPOSSIBLE MAN!

It's just not the case. I watched it again to make sure, and there was just nothing in that two to three second clinch. Silva could hardly stand and with nothing to justify it from that really brief clinch.

No dude, I watched the dong fight just now online, Silva was fine in the 2nd round up until the KO!

don't remember Silva being fresh in round 2 of the dong fight. He wasn't dead on his feet but he definitely wasn't explosive.

He was gassed, that's why brown used him like bas rutten training dummy

Adrenaline dump... it will sap your energy and make your knees wobble every time.

I'm a volunteer firefighter and am in good shape and hit the cardio hard, but the first time I ran into a burning building, I gassed in under 5 minutes of work and sucked through my "20-minute" air tank in about 10. Took forever to recover too... could feel the adrenaline making me shaky.

Ever since, I control my breathing, keep the adrenaline in check and can work as hard or harder and go for 10 times as long.

I'm just a couch potato at this point, but any of us who have been athletes have experienced this. It's an assault on all parts of the body. If, by some chance, it was end of the round instead of two minutes left when he had to give up trying for the finish, this may have been a different fight. He was in deep water he was not getting out of with that much time left on the clock.

It was an adrenaline dump.

I saw immediately on his way to the cage when he was bouncing around slapping himself then looked back to see if his team was still following him that his nerves were already out of control.

Getting your ass kicked is very tiring....should go to a gym an try it. Then question someone's gas tank

Why don't so many understand this. It's a fucking shame. Hardcore fans...

Thank you, there are some people with common sense here still.

It matters not why he got his ass kicked, only that he got his ass kicked.

How do you get hurt when you've got the guy's back? He was gassed before Brown started teeing off.

Combination of mentally cracked and hurt.. And tired.

Sometimes, when you do everything it should take to finish a guy, and you 100% have him and the fight should be over, but he somehow keeps coming like he can't be finished, the guy who had been doing the initial azz whooping have something in their soul break. I've seen it a bunch of times.

How do you get hurt when you've got the guy's back? He was gassed before Brown started teeing off.

Matt Brown handed Silva immediate knees to the body and elbow to the face AS SOON as they stood up in the clinch. That may have had an effect...

Using too much energy to finish, and an adrenaline dump. It's hard to recover from an adrenaline dump.

It's something he has to learn to manage. Otherwise, he's just another first round wonder.

Back