Eric Silva Coming to America

http://www.bjpenn.com/silva-coming-to-america-i-need-to-learn-new-stuff/

Looks like Silva will be coming to the US to work on his game with other camps. Do you think it'll be enough to push him past the hump?
Personally, I do think an American training camp can only help him, however I don't think he'll ever make it past gatekeeper status.

I think it will help immensely. He has the tools to be a champion, but his coaching is horrible. He needs better gameplans, and he needs to know what to do when he is hurt or tired. He really could be a champion, but he needs way better coaches.

q8znesE.jpg

Needs more Soul Glo

Maybe next time he won't lose because he was jet lagged.

Please tell me youre effing joking...im so tired of brazil and its nut huggers finding every excuse and this is one of the worst.

Plenty of fighters have had to go through this, and we dont have a gang of huggers running to their aide.

I think him realizing he has holes in his game and preparation will help him, but I'm not convinced he'll ever be a top 5 fighter.

Yeah, it's hard to cure Gonzaga-itis.

[YT]UzDDJm27vmc[/YT]

FYI, I'm pretty sure he's sticking with Team Nogueira. He's just changing to the gym in San Diego.

Team Nog is all over the damn place.

I think he my get lost in one of the bigger schools...Serra/Longo would e a good fit imo.

I just think there are some fighters that can get it done in the gym but can't reach that top level in the cage. I mean him no disrespect, and maybe he can figure it out, but I don't think he'll ever been a serious contender. And "no", and Jetlag isn't it.

"Jet lag, medically referred to as desynchronosis and rarely circadian dysrhythmia, is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms resulting from rapid long-distance transmeridian (east–west or west–east) travel on high-speed aircraft."

Brazil is really more south-north, north-south.
Furthermore I have next to no respect for the jetlag excuse from any fighter. Get to where you're fighting a week prior. Whether that's in Cinci, or Siberia. The destination is never a surprise, plan for it. Your body is your weapon, get it prepped.

I just think there are some fighters that can get it done in the gym but can't reach that top level in the cage. I mean him no disrespect, and maybe he can figure it out, but I don't think he'll ever been a serious contender. And "no", and Jetlag isn't it.

"Jet lag, medically referred to as desynchronosis and rarely circadian dysrhythmia, is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms resulting from rapid long-distance transmeridian (east

I loved it... To be honest I think he is easily a top 10 talent and going to say ATT or Jacksons could only help his fight IQ and wrestling his 2 weak spots..

Fight IQ is a weak spot for sure. He MUST learn how to pace himself and he needs to learn how to tire out his opponents when he's in the dominant position. Currently, he's the one who gets tired out when he's in dominant position. He pretty much already has the skills to be top 5. He hits hard and fast. He gots punches, kicks, and submissions. He can take a hell of a beating before he wilts. He's an oddity really. Even while I'm watching him I can't quite point out what he's doing wrong.

He can take a hell of a beating before he wilts. He's an oddity really. Even while I'm watching him I can't quite point out what he's doing wrong.

I wouldn't say that. He had basically given up 10 seconds after Matt Brown got up in the first round. Silva was running for his life with his back facing Brown.

http://www.bjpenn.com/silva-coming-to-america-i-need-to-learn-new-stuff/

Looks like Silva will be coming to the US to work on his game with other camps. Do you think it'll be enough to push him past the hump?
Personally, I do think an American training camp can only help him, however I don't think he'll ever make it past gatekeeper status.

I think it will help. He has a ton of potential. In the right hands, he could become a monster. He just needs more discipline. He needs better control of his emotions. maybe a sports psychologist could help. But yeah, I think we could see a new improved beast.

I wouldn't say that. He had basically given up 10 seconds after Matt Brown got up in the first round. Silva was running for his life with his back facing Brown.

How is that a refutation of what I said? He was already running away before he'd even taken any punishment from Brown. It was his cardio that did him in at that point. He was dominating the round up until Brown got back to his feet.

Please tell me youre effing joking...im so tired of brazil and its nut huggers finding every excuse and this is one of the worst.

Plenty of fighters have had to go through this, and we dont have a gang of huggers running to their aide.

There was a thread on here about it a few days before the fight.

And yes, I'm joking.

How is that a refutation of what I said? He was already running away before he'd even taken any punishment from Brown. It was his cardio that did him in at that point. He was dominating the round up until Brown got back to his feet.

He wilted the second he saw that Brown was up and coming for him. He gave up and became a punching bag.

He wilted the second he saw that Brown was up and coming for him. He gave up and became a punching bag.

Wilted from seeing a guy get up from being completely dominated? He was just tired.

Back