Eric Silva Coming to America

Welcome to America, Eric Silver!
neIpWRG.png

horrible, I know.

I loved it... To be honest I think he is easily a top 10 talent and going to say ATT or Jacksons could only help his fight IQ and wrestling his 2 weak spots..

He might do OK at ATT or AKA , needs to work on his TDD and Cardio. In Brazil I thought he should join Aldo and Barao at Nova. I still think he will have serious trouble with anyone in the top 15 besides maybe Mike Pyle. And where the hell is Brandon Thatch, that guy is a beast too.

ATT, they have big guys with good cardio. IMO, AKA is the best camp around, but it doesn't suit his striking style, ATT is a better fit for that.

no need to worry about payment, just put a piece of his bushy barnet on e-bay.

Greg Jackson, he needs to get real cardio and striking technique, at least defense. He was just standing in front of Brown or giving his back

Doesn't need to go to America. Nova Uniao would be great.

I don't think a new camp is necessarily the answer.

Sure, there's various philosophical disciplines he could learn that might benefit him, but he's pretty much got all the tools already. What he needs is intangible.

Maybe next time he won't lose because he was jet lagged.

Greg Jackson, he needs to get real cardio and striking technique, at least defense. He was just standing in front of Brown or giving his back

Winkeljohn isn't the man for defense (Jones, Condit, Schaub, Brandao, Kennedy, Arlovski, Browne, Mir, Watson, Bagautinov).

Javier Mendes is the best for that (Cain, DC, Rockhold, Thomson), but Erick is more of a speed-based kickboxer rather than someone with footwork, head & upper body movement and counters.

looks like an Alpha Male'r to me....

I think teaming up with Freddie Roach to tighten up his striking skills & maybe tristar with St.Pierre, Rory & the gang to work on his wrestling.

however I don't think he'll ever make it past gatekeeper status.

Matt Brown escaped his gatekeeper status.
3 years ago his grappling skills was beyond terrible, was labeled only as a brawler. fast forward to 2014, 7 fight win streak, improved wrestling and BJJ defense. Silva a Black belt in BJJ couldn't lock up a submission.

Silva is only 29, if the UFC won't cut him.he can improve more.

you can't train heart though.

He needs to change something and I think this is a step in the right direction. He needs to find a team that won't stroke his ego and that will work him. He has the skills but needs to find a way to put it all together and find some consistency.

Back