Erceg is being underestimated

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
Pantoja's mental toughness is one of his better attributes, we all know that, and fighting in the main event of his home country will probably enhance that, but he also has a habit of getting into sloppy striking exchanges and is facing a bigger, more calculated guy.

Very good chance of an upset this weekend. Astroboy is no joke and might have his way for 5 rounds, if not find a finish.

That is all. Feel free to bump this thread if it blows up in my face.

I’m not even sure I’d consider this an upset if he won. He has been very impressive so far.

I think this a difficult matchup for Pantoja. From the guys, he has not fought yet, only Albazi looks to be more challenging.

I can see why Pantojas Team wanted Erceg now, with less experience, than after a few fights being even more dangerous.

Skill for skill, I think he might be the better fighter. I just lack confidence in how he'll do under the big lights in a main event after basically fighting on empty apex cards this whole time. I won't be shocked to see Pantoja take advantage of those nerves and inexperience by trying to blitz him and pressure him hard from the early bell, maybe getting an early finish.

I also won't be surprised to see this be a war with erceg becoming more and more comfortable as fight progresses and coming out on top.

Last edited:
Pantoja's mental toughness is one of his better attributes, we all know that, and fighting in the main event of his home country will probably enhance that, but he also has a habit of getting into sloppy striking exchanges and is facing a bigger, more calculated guy.

Very good chance of an upset this weekend. Astroboy is no joke and might have his way for 5 rounds, if not find a finish.

That is all. Feel free to bump this thread if it blows up in my face.

I don't know man, from what I'm reading on here most think Erceg is a live dog in this one for sure

I don’t know. I think a lot of people got impressed with the Schnell fight and now think Erceg is a ko artist. He has a grand total of 2 ko wins. He certainly looks good and is skilled, but his lack of experience at the top level makes Pantoja a clear favourite. Plus, he has never fought past the third round.

Don't be surprised if Pantoja takes Erceg down and finishes him within 2 rounds.

I don’t know. I think a lot of people got impressed with the Schnell fight and now think Erceg is a ko artist. He has a grand total of 2 ko wins. He certainly looks good and is skilled, but his lack of experience at the top level makes Pantoja a clear favourite. Plus, he has never fought past the third round.
Schnell has also been KO’d clean 5 times in the UFC. Pantoja already knocked him out years ago and did it faster than Erceg.

Back