Erberth Santos

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So I just saw this. Embarrassing to say the least. Mental issues?

In the comments somebody said kidney problems, I assume due to his surely not healthy "diet". Is it possible? With all the roid ragers out there in the sport, it should be pretty common then, or at least not so unique..

In the comments somebody said kidney problems, I assume due to his surely not healthy "diet". Is it possible? With all the roid ragers out there in the sport, it should be pretty common then, or at least not so unique..

I wouldn't be surprised if Erberth was extraordinarily roided out. In his prime dominating other roided out people with physicality.

this is the full fight. erberth is having a lot of problems since a while ago, the constant give ups in his match up, the scandal on the fight with pena and now this. Truth to be told i dont have the slightest idea what is happening to him, this wasn always the case, in fact when he made his break out he looked like he was going to dominate

Rumour has it that Erberth pissed himself due to use of diuretics for cutting weight. If that's true then there might be something to the theory of kidney problems.

This guy had such a breakout year and was so exciting to watch. I hadn't been that excited to watch gi matches ever.

He's like watching Jeremy Lin. I'm trying to stay a fan and am always hoping he'll return to his former glory but those days might be long gone. Doesn't help that Santos is making himself pretty unlikable too.

Rumour has it that Erberth pissed himself due to use of diuretics for cutting weight. If that's true then there might be something to the theory of kidney problems.

His opponent said it wasn't piss but water.

Can anyone tell me why Santos is considered such a scumbag? All I know is, I never liked him because I once saw him try to bitch out of Lo's takedown with a guard pull, then refused to get off the mat when the ref scored it for Lo.

Can anyone tell me why Santos is considered such a scumbag? All I know is, I never liked him because I once saw him try to bitch out of Lo's takedown with a guard pull, then refused to get off the mat when the ref scored it for Lo.
He elbowed some smaller guy in an absolute when get got taken town, faked an injury and run of the match, was talking shit mid match to Bernardo.

Not even his training partners like him.. don’t know id he’s still with Caio almeida, but had some friends training there, dude is an absolute idiot for what i heard...

Not even his training partners like him.. don’t know id he’s still with Caio almeida, but had some friends training there, dude is an absolute idiot for what i heard...

my theory is that his giving up in his matches is because he simply doesn't have a lot of skills to deal with a black belt's guard or vs a black belt passer, probably because he's one of those guys who trains to win every gym roll instead of improve. He's tremendous offensively, and very explosive in scrambles, but when he gets bogged down in classical jiu-jitsu exchanges he seems to hit a wall and so just gives up.

His opponent said it wasn't piss but water.

I rewatched the video and at one point you can see the drawstring of his pants is wet even when the match starts (above the "piss line"). It looks to me like he poured a bottle of water into his jacked to cool off.

my theory is that his giving up in his matches is because he simply doesn't have a lot of skills to deal with a black belt's guard or vs a black belt passer, probably because he's one of those guys who trains to win every gym roll instead of improve. He's tremendous offensively, and very explosive in scrambles, but when he gets bogged down in classical jiu-jitsu exchanges he seems to hit a wall and so just gives up.

I kinda doubt it's what you said, honestly. To me he technically just looks more than fine until the moment he usually, completely blacks out.

In his best exploits from 2016/2017 circa, he beat Galvao, almost subbed Felipe Pena (before getting subbed in the end), went toe to toe with Buchecha more than once, lost to Keenan last 30 seconds after a solid, competitive match.. just to name the few ones that came to my mind as of now. I don't care how roided you are, a guy with no solid guard or guard passing skills would have been exploited in a way easier fashion by the names above imho.

I rewatched the video and at one point you can see the drawstring of his pants is wet even when the match starts (above the "piss line"). It looks to me like he poured a bottle of water into his jacked to cool off.

He did. His opponent already confirm that it wasn't urine.

I kinda doubt it's what you said, honestly. To me he technically just looks more than fine until the moment he usually, completely blacks out.

In his best exploits from 2016/2017 circa, he beat Galvao, almost subbed Felipe Pena (before getting subbed in the end), went toe to toe with Buchecha more than once, lost to Keenan last 30 seconds after a solid, competitive match.. just to name the few ones that came to my mind as of now. I don't care how roided you are, a guy with no solid guard or guard passing skills would have been exploited in a way easier fashion by the names above imho.

This.

my theory is that his giving up in his matches is because he simply doesn't have a lot of skills to deal with a black belt's guard or vs a black belt passer.

Say what you will about the guy but he was still the 2017 world champ.

not saying he has no skills, just that he is significantly worse in slow and tight situations than he is in open and scrambly ones. i think clearly a big part of his decline is that the word is out among his opponents that he is far less effective if you weather the storm and slow the match down. IOW, erberth is a guy who's really dangerous at the things he's dangerous at, but far less so at everything else.

He elbowed some smaller guy in an absolute when get got taken town, faked an injury and run of the match, was talking shit mid match to Bernardo.

Also: https://www.bjjee.com/articles/8-most-controversial-people-in-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/

And the cherry on top:

Man... can't imagine someone being mean to Bernardo Faria. The guy is such a nice, humble guy. Also hard to be mean to a guy who sounds so goofy to be quite honest.

Back