• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Erase a career: Ric Flair or Bret Hart

jml4life

Boom
@Blue
Reaction score
Ric_Flair_bio.jpg
ric-flair-woo.gif

w05-o600-p01.jpg

bret-hart-wwe.gif

This aint even a contest, what the fuck has Bret ever done except run into a turnbuckle the wrong way and fail as champion

Boy oh boy

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

This aint even a contest, what the fuck has Bret ever done except run into a turnbuckle the wrong way and fail as champion

Boy oh boy

Brother Pete let us engage in honorable combat...(with all hespect)

Bret made Stone Cold, HBK, and Vince (as a character). The key players of the attitude era which renewed wrestling in an internet era where everyone knew it was fake and it still became mainstream.

Im in my 40s...people weren't wearing 4 horseman shirts all over, and NWA was only known as a rap group back then...if anyone knew what it was at all....

Then came Montreal, Vince/Austin, DX and the Monday Night wars.... suddenly you didn't get made fun of for wearing a pro wrestling tshirt...you were made fun of for nor knowing the difference between WCW and WWF...

That doesn't happen without Bret Hart...

I love Flair...but gun to.my head I'd have to erase him...

- Much Respect I await your Riposte

Brother Pete let us engage in honorable combat...(with all hespect)

Bret made Stone Cold, HBK, and Vince (as a character). The key players of the attitude era which renewed wrestling in an internet era where everyone knew it was fake and it still became mainstream.

Im in my 40s...people weren't wearing 4 horseman shirts all over, and NWA was only known as a rap group back then...if anyone knew what it was at all....

Then came Montreal, Vince/Austin, DX and the Monday Night wars.... suddenly you didn't get made fun of for wearing a pro wrestling tshirt...you were made fun of for nor knowing the difference between WCW and WWF...

That doesn't happen without Bret Hart...

I love Flair...but gun to.my head I'd have to erase him...

- Much Respect I await your Riposte

-you- didn't know what the NWA was.

nWo shirts were red hot a year and a half before Montreal and were worn everywhere.

Personal anecdotes aren't facts.

-you- didn't know what the NWA was.

nWo shirts were red hot a year and a half before Montreal and were worn everywhere.

Personal anecdotes aren't facts.

Ahh but I did...because I had an older cousin who told me about stuff and wresting mags were a thing...lots of questionable advertisements in them as well btw...but to the average non fan...Hogan, Andre (thanks princess bride) maybe a few more not named Flair

I'm not trying to say if you followed the old territories its a bad thing...have fun with hobbies fuck the haters, I was a d&d nerd before it was cool and nerd was a negative connotation that meant beatings

Last edited:
Ahh but I did...because I had an older cousin who told me about stuff and wresting mags were a thing...lots of questionable advertisements in them as well btw...but to the average non fan...Hogan, Andre (thanks princess bride) maybe a few more not named Flair

"NWA was only known as a rap group back then, if anyone knew what it was at all"

Meanwhile NWA affiliated programming was on national TV and filling arenas.

"suddenly you didn't get made fun of for wearing a pro wrestling tshirt"

I'm 40 and don't remember anyone ever getting made fun of for wearing a wrestling shirt, but like I said in the last post, the nWo shirts were red hot and people nationwide were rocking them loud and proud for a year and a half before Montreal.

My point was your hot takes were bad being that it was based on your personal bubble.

Boy oh boy

Summerslam in London

Stop being mean Pete

Without Bret there is no Attitude era...and Pro-Wrasslin never evolves in America.
Exactly. Pro wrestling never should have evolved. The actual wrestlung of the attitude era was mostly crap even if some of the promos/angles were fun.

Erase Bret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yayaelt
Back