Ric Flair is the greatest showman/entertainer in Wrestling History

who is the greatest Wrestling entertainer in all of history?

• Ric Flair

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Macho Man

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Ultimate Warrior

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stone Cold

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • The Rock

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • someone else? if so who?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Ravishing Rick Rude

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

William Munny

My Pronouns: Fuck/You
Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching WWE on and off since the 80s.

I grew up with the Hulkamania, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior era, and always thought they were GOATs. I stopped watching WWE for a while, until the attitude era, and along came Stone Cold and the Rock.

In my opinion, in any discussion, The Rock, Rattlesnake, Machoman and Hulk Hogan should be included about the top entertainers of Wrestling.

as much as I loved the above mentioned wrestlers (ultimate warrior, not so much), I think they are all 2nd to Ric Flair.

in terms of captivating the audience, the stunts, the self cutting, speeches, the craziness the energy, does anyone top Ric Flair?

200w.gif

If you're judging on "entertainment" I'd reluctantly say the rock.

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
Bret Hart
Randy Savage
Shawn
Ric Flair
The Rock
Andre
Undertaker
Curt Hennig
Ultimate Warrior

Rick Rude

Ric Flair

Dusty Rhodes

But I stopped watching when I was 12-13.
So that was 1989-1990.

As a very small child my grandfather always told me the other wrestling orgs were better than the WWF. He was watching Mid Atlantic, AWA and maybe WCCW? I went back and watched the Mid Atlantic stuff as my default fall asleep programming when my wife got the peacock premium thing (it has all the WWE stuff archived including the territories they bought or own archival footage of). Those studio wrestling programs like mid Atlantic tic with Ric, Steamboat, Piper etc were awesome. It lead to me watch the new NWA and Nick Aldis did a decent job recreating that era in his character.

I like Flair's promos on WCW
Shawn Michaels had great matches

Warrior and Rick Rude are not on the level of these other guys.

Its Flair or Hogan

Don't let these marks tell you otherwise

*Sigh*

Time to post an unpopular opinion again.

If we're talking about mic-skills, then Ric Flair is absolutely one of the greatest ever.

But when it comes to ring work, I've never been particularly impressed aside from he did it for so long. Wrestling into your 60s is something only a few could ever do.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect his legacy going all the way back to the 70s & 80s, and he was the blueprint for so many others to follow as far as how to make the masses excited for a match you're promoting.

But he never did anything new since the 70s & 80s. It was the same old shit over and over throughout the 90s & 2000s.

So as far as 'Is he in your top #1 Entertainer in Pro-Wrestling?' He's not even in my top #25.
Besides his retirement match against HBK none of what I'd rank as my Top #100 matches of all time would involve Ric Flair.

*Sigh*

If we're talking about mic-skills, then Ric Flair is absolutely one of the greatest ever.

But when it comes to ring work, I've never been particularly impressed aside from he did it for so long. Wrestling into your 60s is something only a few could ever do.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect his legacy going all the way back to the 70s & 80s, and he was the blueprint for so many others to follow as far as how to make the masses excited for a match you're promoting.

But he never did anything new since the 70s & 80s. It was the same old shit over and over throughout the 90s & 2000s.

So as far as 'Is he in your top #1 Entertainer in Pro-Wrestling?' He's not even in my top #25.
Besides his retirement match against HBK none of what I'd rank as my Top #100 matches of all time would involve Ric Flair.
I mean the guy was already 40 ish when he won the Rumble in 1992.

Not sure what people expect from that point on. He still was doing pretty good ring work as a heel or babyface after that, even if it was "Ric Flair" stuff.

*Sigh*

Sorry he didnt do flips like those luchadorks to sports entertain you, brother. That's why those cruiserweights can cruiser-WAIT while Ric Flair was working marks and pounding cunt 1/2 his age. Working is more than short term amusement of plebs.

Reactions: HHJ
Sorry he didnt do flips like those luchadorks to sports entertain you, brother. That's why those cruiserweights can cruiser-WAIT while Ric Flair was working marks and pounding cunt 1/2 his age. Working is more than short term amusement of plebs.

If you have to miss my point, you could not miss my point so obviously.

Back