Television Epic SNL skit! Beavis and Butthead

I haven't watched a single episode of SNL since Alec Baldwin ran his Trump impression into the ground.

With that being said, that clip was pretty darn funny, lol.

they definitely didn’t show Heidi the makeup before filming & the payoff was great. Gosling has completely given up on trying to keep his cool during skits & that’s solidified him as one of SNL’s most endearing hosts imo.

the doctor skit w/ Bowen was also hilarious

Uhhhhhhh

Heh hehheh heh hehhehheh

Never heard of those two.
<{katwhu}>

I saw the sketch this weekend and laughed. Called my wife over to the living room to watch it, and she belly laughed as well.

Came across this article last night: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/heidi-gardner-breaking-during-snl-010947225.html

Why is Gardner using words like 'anxiety' when discussing breaking character. In the interview, she discusses that she has a job to do, and it isn't getting done if she breaks character. I disagree. She has one job: to make people laugh. By her breaking character, she certainly made people laugh...because it was sincere.

What's going on at SNL to make the cast think this way?

I saw the sketch this weekend and laughed. Called my wife over to the living room to watch it, and she belly laughed as well.

Came across this article last night: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/heidi-gardner-breaking-during-snl-010947225.html

Why is Gardner using words like 'anxiety' when discussing breaking character. In the interview, she discusses that she has a job to do, and it isn't getting done if she breaks character. I disagree. She has one job: to make people laugh. By her breaking character, she certainly made people laugh...because it was sincere.

I think the breaking character deal wouldn't be as funny if they did it all the time. What makes it funny is it's rare and people know they aren't supposed to break character and laugh.

Also I would bang her into a Bolivia.

in a way you’re both right, but breaking character is generally frowned upon, even though it always makes viewers laugh more. Rachel Dratch was convinced she was for sure going to be fired after the first (& now iconic) Debbie Downer skit aired

I think the breaking character deal wouldn't be as funny if they did it all the time. What makes it funny is it's rare and people know they aren't supposed to break character and laugh.

Also I would bang her into a Bolivia.
I found it funny how all the extras were solid and only the cast members, even the one in the audience I forget his name, were losing it.

Heidi Gardner’s break was something else. She rarely ever does- most I’ve seen is like a stifled smile or some momentary lapses. Really surprised me that seeing Mikey Day like that completely broke her lol.

Gosling is usually a very good host, even though he breaks constantly. Clearly enjoys it and that enthusiasm enhances the sketches.

Back