• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Epic Beer Thread v30: Pumpkin Beers in August? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpine is in NM now. Local store just got Nelson and Duet in today.

CT folks. How available is Ghandi Bot? I tried to snag some at the brewery when I was there a few months ago only to find out that they only do growlers at the brewery. That's one I've been interested in trying for a while.

Didn't they have to rebrand that? Heard there was an issue with the name when I was in CT like 5 or 6 months ago. I was being told at the liquor stores that it was out of production for a bit while they rebranded.

Gabe and Henry Flower, I have a few bottles of Zombie Dust for each of you. I get back from Chicago early Sunday and am leaving for a Phish fest on Thursday morning. I won't have time to meet up next week but if you're in my area and want to swing by to pick up that's fine. Otherwise I'll be home the Monday after next for a week before heading to North Carolina for the weekend. So we'll have to try to arrange a meet-up at Jack's Abby or something like that on a weekday. I'm going to try to grab a couple of other things for you guys to try while I'm here.

The Phish fest I'm going to is going to have Hill Farmstead Citra Pale Ale and Mary as well as Lawson's Sip of Sunshine and Super Session #2 on tap. Hoping they have a lot of Sip to go around. Haven't had it on tap yet.

I've had a couple handfuls of Founders beers, though i havent been able to get my hands on their breakfast stout or kbs. of the ones i've had, the imperial stout definitely stands out the most and is one of my favs. rubaeus grew on me by the second bottle, though i imagine if you were to mix pure raspberry juice with a typical ale you would probably get a similar flavor profile. devil dancer was pretty good too.

the rest were forgettable and i would not buy again, including the porter, centennial, dirty bastard, all day, and black rye.

11266572_913445798699027_2053880000_n.jpg

Paulaner Wei

I am quite fond of their All Day. That box of 15 can go a long way.

That box of 15 would last me a night and a half on a good weekend. It's one of those beers that for what it is, it's quite good. Kind of like Easy Jack. But you can't compare it to other IPAs.

Love you Gorak.

Can try and figure something out between my three jobs I can usually get time on a Tuesday or weds sometime

That box of 15 would last me a night and a half on a good weekend. It's one of those beers that for what it is, it's quite good. Kind of like Easy Jack. But you can't compare it to other IPAs.

Agreed on all points except...I can make a box last for an entire weekend so it can save me a few bucks when I am light on funds.

CT folks. How available is Ghandi Bot? I tried to snag some at the brewery when I was there a few months ago only to find out that they only do growlers at the brewery. That's one I've been interested in trying for a while.

Very hard to find in cans, sells out fast.

They do have it for fills at the brewery pretty often though, and they make lots of other good stuff so it's usually worth getting a growler or mini growler of whatever they've got available.

EDIT- weird timing on this! Just posted

Hi NEB facebook people, we’re excited to be coming up on the installation of our new brew house along with some new fermenters very soon. Along with our new equipment we have a few more runs of Gandhi-Bot cans left. We will be selling these last couple runs of these at the brewery starting today. After we run through these last few batches and are up and brewing on our new equipment we will go back to sending it out through our distributors with a new re-designed can (same beer inside) and out to all the awesome retailers that support us. Each batch at that point will be double the volume and we hope to have our beers be more readily available around the state. We will continue to send some draft out to bars in the meantime. So today come on down for Galaxy on tap for growlers and Gandhi-Bot cases for sale. 1 case limit per person, 10 per 4 pk, 60 per case. 208 cases available. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
After several weeks of looking and looking, I finally saw some Pumking at the store the other day

DSCF1649.jpg

Made my week. Shit's so good it makes you re-evaluate your life.

Didn't they have to rebrand that? Heard there was an issue with the name when I was in CT like 5 or 6 months ago. I was being told at the liquor stores that it was out of production for a bit while they rebranded.

I have no idea where that stands. Back in January there people like living in India bombing their facebook with threats and shit lol, and they did say they were going to rename and rebrand it.

However, here we are in August.. FB update today..
Hi, kids!
Today's episode is brought to you by the number 2 and the letter "G".
We have TWO (2) beers on tap for growlers today and both of the beers begin with the letter "G".
- Galaxy Pale Ale
- Gandhi-Bot DIPA
Play safe and eat your veggies!

Sitting in the Lagunitas Chicago tap room. This place is fuckin awesome, thanks for the tip. Drinking a very tasty cherry sour.

Usually pumpkin beers kinda suck but my favorite is for sure this one.

DSCF1649.jpg

Nice! Wish I had time to get over there before I head back to Mass but I don't think I'll have the time. Did you check out that Waldo hanging made of beer caps on your way in? I walked right past it the first time I went and didn't realize it was all caps until I was leaving.

If the pumpkin is a complement and not the focal point of the beer, I can get behind it. But, if it's the main flavor profile, I'm not going to touch it. A local brewery here does what they call Jacked Up O' Lantern which is a coffee stout with pumpkin spice. My friends (equally into beer as I am) go crazy for it. I've never had it but I'm not against it.

Nice! Wish I had time to get over there before I head back to Mass but I don't think I'll have the time. Did you check out that Waldo hanging made of beer caps on your way in? I walked right past it the first time I went and didn't realize it was all caps until I was leaving.

I walked right past it too haha, saw it but didn't notice. Had some awesome food their too. Best mussels I've ever had actually oddly enough. Would frequent the place if I could!

There's some good Pumpkin beers around here. Pumpking is probably my favorite from the US.
Locally, Red Racer makes one aged in Jack Daniels barrels. Pretty good.
P49 makes a chocolate pumpkin porter. Also pretty excellent (not too sweet/pumpkiny).

Courtesy of a homie in the sports bar.

17532FD7-2826-42E3-9A61-28E7F8DE5111_zps5hmv3kx7.jpg

Really the main contribution Pumkin makes is in mouthfeel. Doesn't offer much flavor, that's coming from all of the spices associated with pumpkin pie. Some people go way overboard with the spices.

For the most part I agree with Step 1.

Bengali is tremendous. Huge grapefruit and florals, strong malt backbone. Piney fresh finish.

Amazing IPA. I wish this could be a regular here.

Town over popped the Founders supply today. KBS on tap and in bottles. Cant go anytime soon but my cousin grabbed me two packs of KBS.

Been holding this for quite a while. Nose is chai, chai, cocoa, cinnamon, and more chai. Chai is very bold at first but it settles down. Cinnamon, bourbon, vanilla, and oatmeal finish. Sweet and slick, low carbonation. This thing tastes like Christmas. Its like the best oatmeal cookie youve ever had in your entire life. Gets a little boozy as it warms but it is scary well hidden chilled (10.6%).

If you dont like the flavor of chai never ever consider this. If you do, youre in for a huge treat. This is one of the best specialty stouts Ive ever had. Hope like hell they do more of this.

E891F3CA-3C3B-41A5-A55E-62822121B304_zpsdxmmvtde.jpg

Edit: This reminds me of Hunahpu

Gabe and Henry Flower, I have a few bottles of Zombie Dust for each of you. I get back from Chicago early Sunday and am leaving for a Phish fest on Thursday morning. I won't have time to meet up next week but if you're in my area and want to swing by to pick up that's fine. Otherwise I'll be home the Monday after next for a week before heading to North Carolina for the weekend. So we'll have to try to arrange a meet-up at Jack's Abby or something like that on a weekday. I'm going to try to grab a couple of other things for you guys to try while I'm here.

The Phish fest I'm going to is going to have Hill Farmstead Citra Pale Ale and Mary as well as Lawson's Sip of Sunshine and Super Session #2 on tap. Hoping they have a lot of Sip to go around. Haven't had it on tap yet.

You are the MAN! I'll see if I end up with a day in the South Shore on Mon/Tues/Weds of next week, in which case I will let you know and can probably meet up in Pembroke. If not, I will very likely be taking Weds/Thurs/Fri (08/26-08/28) or Thurs/Fri/Sat (08/27-08/29) off from work as I prepare to head back to school for the fall, and can definitely arrange a JA hang out again, or something else.

Last edited:
Bengali is tremendous. Huge grapefruit and florals, strong malt backbone. Piney fresh finish.

Amazing IPA. I wish this could be a regular here.

Bengali is pretty good for sure, but I prefer Resin from Sixpoint. It's been my go-to bocce beer this summer.

Bengali is pretty good for sure, but I prefer Resin from Sixpoint. It's been my go-to bocce beer this summer.

Resin was damn good but that abv is serious business. I cant put many of those down.

Resin was damn good but that abv is serious business. I cant put many of those down.

And it's dangerously masked well with all that flavor. They can go down quick because so tasty. I always realize that it's too late once I crack open the fourth; then it's down the rabbit hole to see if I can finish the final two afterwards before being forced into nightnight

And it's dangerously masked well with all that flavor. They can go down quick because so tasty. I always realize that it's too late once I crack open the fourth; then it's down the rabbit hole to see if I can finish the final two afterwards before being forced into nightnight

Oh man 4+ would have me wrecked. I had three in a sitting last time I got them and was drunk.

I have a Total Wine (wine and beer Walmart) right next door so I always try to experiment every weekend. I usually prefer a bready, malty, smooth lager so I figured I'd go German this time and stumbled on the Weihenstephaner section.

I picked 2 different types and fuck me, they are incredible. I dare say the top one is my favorite beer ever at this point. Malty aroma and biscuity smooth taste with hints of sweetness and an almost secret hop component. The bottom is great too but has a subtle banana and spice (clove-like) aftertaste.

Weihenstephaner-Hefe-Weissbier.jpg

6322781925_1d5c6256ed.jpg

I've never made it to the sixth, for what it's worth.

I have a Total Wine (wine and beer Walmart) right next door so I always try to experiment every weekend. I usually prefer a bready, malty, smooth lager so I figured I'd go German this time and stumbled on the Weihenstephaner section.

I picked 2 different types and fuck me, they are incredible. I dare say the top one is my favorite beer ever at this point. Malty aroma and biscuity smooth taste with hints of sweetness and an almost secret hop component. The bottom is great too but has a subtle banana and spice (clove-like) aftertaste.

Weihenstephaner-Hefe-Weissbier.jpg

6322781925_1d5c6256ed.jpg

everything that Weihenstephaner brews is world class at its particular style.

those 2 wheat beers are Ales btw, not lagers

Not really digging the Jack's Abby/Otter Creek collab at all.

i think their kristall weissbier is just the heffeweisen but filtered.

make sure you get the sediment from the heffe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back