• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Epic Beer Thread v29 - Real men like it bitter

no,i drink at most 9 beers a week

About the same. I had 5 on Saturday watching all the boxing/mma fights, thought I was going to die Sunday morning.

Of the German Pilsners I've had, I personally think this is the tops. It's better than Prima Pils imo. And that's saying something as it's a style I really enjoy.

Is it similar to Prima, still hop heavy?

I really, really like SN Nooner. Give that one a try if you havent.

About the same. I had 5 on Saturday watching all the boxing/mma fights, thought I was going to die Sunday morning.

Is it similar to Prima, still hop heavy?

I really, really like SN Nooner. Give that one a try if you havent.

Yes, it's hop heavy. I'd say maybe 5 IBUs more than Prima. Still has that nice grassy hop bite with a prominent malt presence. If I could get Sixpoint here, I would drink a lot of it. Nooner has been on my radar for a while but I've yet to pull the trigger.

Yes, it's hop heavy. I'd say maybe 5 IBUs more than Prima. Still has that nice grassy hop bite with a prominent malt presence. If I could get Sixpoint here, I would drink a lot of it. Nooner has been on my radar for a while but I've yet to pull the trigger.

Pull the trigger imo. I think youll like it.

I thought Nooner was horrific. No flavor, like an adjuncted Lager. Used the rest of the 6-Pack for cooking.

A friend of mine loves it though, so to each their own.

The best American Pilsner IMO is from Heater Allen.

242dg15.jpg

Last edited:
nooner pils is now available here.
gotta get one to compare it to the german stuff.

its ridiculously high priced though

nooner pils is now available here.
gotta get one to compare it to the german stuff.

its ridiculously high priced though

Make sure it's not too old. I picked up a single last month and realized it was from 12/2014. Hops were dead, base tastes like a macro lager like Snubnoze said.

Make sure it's not too old. I picked up a single last month and realized it was from 12/2014. Hops were dead, base tastes like a macro lager like Snubnoze said.

thats tricky.
most import beers are at least 3-4mts old when theyre on sale here.

but a pils should keep a lil longer than an ipa.
i had a 11month old neumarkter lammsbr

Damn, you fellas are professionals. I taste some great imports every few months at the German American Club up the street(half-german myself), but through the week I'll just settle for Guiness or Sam Adam's Boston Lager. I need to start taking notes.

Damn, you fellas are professionals. I taste some great imports every few months at the German American Club up the street(half-german myself), but through the week I'll just settle for Guiness or Sam Adam's Boston Lager. I need to start taking notes.

guinness draught and sam adams BL are good beers,no matter what some of the more snobbish elements of the craft beer community think.
both major step-ups from the BMC pisswasser

guinness draught and sam adams BL are good beers,no matter what some of the more snobbish elements of the craft beer community think.

Yea, definitely the best out of the average grocery store selection imo.

Also, thread 29? I'm surprised these aren't stickied by now.

Yea, definitely the best out of the average grocery store selection imo.

Also, thread 29? I'm surprised these aren't stickied by now.

mods are wine connoisseurs imo.
speaking of wine,i bought some port today

Home brewed Imperial "Key" Lime Pie Berliner...came out really good! Tart and limey, can taste the graham crackers I used in the mash just a little bit in the aftertaste. Looking forward to having both this and the lemon saison I posted a couple days ago around as the weather gets hot.

Home brewed Imperial "Key" Lime Pie Berliner...came out really good! Tart and limey, can taste the graham crackers I used in the mash just a little bit in the aftertaste. Looking forward to having both this and the lemon saison I posted a couple days ago around as the weather gets hot.

Bring them over immediately

I actually don't think Guinness is any better than American macros. It's super thin, no flavor, and nothing else going on other than the mouthfeel. Boston Lager is a serviceable beer.

Went to a bar the other day to try a couple Australian beers, came across a few brewed in Victoria and gave them a go. I've ripped the quotes a review and brewers site respectively, since they're far more eloquent in describing the ales than I could ever be.

Dark_Harvest_2015-162x600.png

Originally brewed with Mikkeller overnight during March 2012, Bridge Road's Ben Kraus reckons the hop variety used, still tagged 016, is Australia's answer to Citra. We have always found it to give the beer the most amazing choc orange character and this is no different, with the bold dark chocolate, almost roasty malts joined by a juicy tangerine or mandarin flavour to create an experience akin to eating a luscious orange creme after dinner chocolate. But more drinkable than that sounds.

Brown-Bottle.gif

Mornington Brown is an English-style brown ale, brewed using classic imported English ale malts. Our Brown displays all the wonderful rich and toffee characters associated with these malts. Pouring a deep golden brown with hints of red, aromas of toffee, brown sugar and raisins greet the nose. The palate offers more toffee and raisins, with a supporting cast of chocolate and nuts. Rich, full-bodied, smooth and moreish.

Been drinking Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale like its water. Love this beer!

holy shit guys, we fell to the 5th page! That might be a record, seriously. Not cool.

Tonight was a good beer night!

Hill Farmstead Arthur
Hill Farmstead Florence
Hill Farmstead (Grassroots) Brother Soigne Farmhouse ale with lime and blood orange
Wicked Weed Oblivion Sour with blackberries and dates aged in red wine barrels
Tree House Julius
Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude # 5

all of them were amazing but the wicked weed and the Brother Soigne were the ones I tried for the first time and they were both fantastic.

...and tomorrow is the Tree House 3rd Anniversary party! Will try to take pics. Should be amazing.

Ive been eyeing this for a long time, finally grabbed a 4 pack. Pleasantly surprised. Great citrus, lots of depth in the yeasts, heavy carbonation, dry finish. Alcohol is a bit more forward than Id like in a saison but still really good. Ill for sure grab this again.

C885F49D-5145-4B93-9208-4B690038406C.png_zps7da0aba6.jpeg

holy shit guys, we fell to the 5th page! That might be a record, seriously. Not cool.

Tonight was a good beer night!

Hill Farmstead Arthur
Hill Farmstead Florence
Hill Farmstead (Grassroots) Brother Soigne Farmhouse ale with lime and blood orange
Wicked Weed Oblivion Sour with blackberries and dates aged in red wine barrels
Tree House Julius
Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude # 5

all of them were amazing but the wicked weed and the Brother Soigne were the ones I tried for the first time and they were both fantastic.

...and tomorrow is the Tree House 3rd Anniversary party! Will try to take pics. Should be amazing.

Wow. Am jelly.

Back