Epic Beer Thread 15.0 Hopslammed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New review up for Jewbelation Sweet 16 right here!

Dude, I have read all of your reviews as you posted them and I gotta say that you have a hell of a great way with words, very impressive. You ever thought of doing that professionally?

Keep it up!

It's weird. I live in Michigan so obviously all the michigan breweries are very easy to come by, but I feel like I can get almost everything you guys post on here. Do we just have better beer stores around here, or do the michigan breweries just not distribute very widely?

Going to a bottle share tonight...so far all I know we are definitely tasting is:

09-12 BCS vertical
10-12 Double Bastard vertical
AleSmith Speedway Stout
3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek
2010 Bitches Brew
and possibly some Off Color Brewing samples (have a friend who knows those guys)

Should be great

Dude, I have read all of your reviews as you posted them and I gotta say that you have a hell of a great way with words, very impressive. You ever thought of doing that professionally?

Keep it up!

Really? All I know is that i have incredibly poor grammar lol this is the first time ive done something like this and people keep saying nice stuff and god dammit it makes me feel good.

Problem is i just refuse to believe it is really that good lol i dont know why.

To answer your question, no, i havent thought about doing it professionally lol but THaNKS!

Going to a bottle share tonight...so far all I know we are definitely tasting is:

09-12 BCS vertical
10-12 Double Bastard vertical
AleSmith Speedway Stout
3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek
2010 Bitches Brew
and possibly some Off Color Brewing samples (have a friend who knows those guys)

Should be great

Let me know how the off color stuff is. Ive met John a few times and he is just a really awesome dude so i have no doubt him and the other dude are gonna make great beers.

Let me know how the off color stuff is. Ive met John a few times and he is just a really awesome dude so i have no doubt him and the other dude are gonna make great beers.

My friend knows the guy from Two Bros (forget his name)...he said he was about 50% sure he could grab some a couple weeks back, so we'll see if he shows up with any. Should be a good palate cleanser between the rounds of boozy stouts and strong ales

Its a old pic. from my very first BCBS this season. I only had 1 left from the 4 until the one u sent me. So now i have 2 that i am gonna age.

Nice choice! I have a decent amount i am hanging on to as well

My friend knows the guy from Two Bros (forget his name)...he said he was about 50% sure he could grab some a couple weeks back, so we'll see if he shows up with any. Should be a good palate cleanser between the rounds of boozy stouts and strong ales

Im checking on it right now. He was the guy from Two Bros that managed their cellar or something like that.

Dave Bleitner is his name

Hey man, you should review beers on beer advocate.

you put a lot on your reviews (which is good), compared to the ones i've seen on BA. Sometimes there's hardly anything on those, kind of lame imo.

about the hop manna, i'll pick one up next time i go to wf.

Hey man, you should review beers on beer advocate.

you put a lot on your reviews (which is good), compared to the ones i've seen on BA. Sometimes there's hardly anything on those, kind of lame imo.

about the hop manna, i'll pick one up next time i go to wf.

I have one review up on BA from a long time ago. I reviewed Robert the Bruce. Ive thought about putting reviews up there but I like having my own blog more. Id probably get noticed more if i just put it on BA but the idea of having my own site for reviews is cool. A lot of people wont see it but im happy with how it has went so far. Almost 1000 pageviews which isnt terrible (I dont think) for such a new blog

It's weird. I live in Michigan so obviously all the michigan breweries are very easy to come by, but I feel like I can get almost everything you guys post on here. Do we just have better beer stores around here, or do the michigan breweries just not distribute very widely?

Bell's and Founders usually find their way to Virginia, but their top tier beers don't.

Hey I got the Wine glasses to that set.

1022122034a.jpg

How is Speedway. I need to get some of that one day.

Heh, nice glass!

Speedway is great, it's like having FBS(11 and prior) year round.

I've seen Speedway but haven't tried it. I'm going to have to pick some up this weekend.

Really? All I know is that i have incredibly poor grammar lol this is the first time ive done something like this and people keep saying nice stuff and god dammit it makes me feel good.

Problem is i just refuse to believe it is really that good lol i dont know why.

To answer your question, no, i havent thought about doing it professionally lol but THaNKS!

Get some confidence brotha, you are very good at it!

Seriously...again. That was a damn awesome tasting, sir.

Also, this is happening (not my pic) but a group of us on BA went in on a group order. I got a Teku and one of the 40cl glasses (A lot of the famous Hill Farmstead glass)

003-3.jpg

Holy shit. Where you order those from?

I've been trading for a lot of glassware lately but that's a nice haul. One day, I'll land the coveted Iris glass

Holy shit. Where you order those from?

I've been trading for a lot of glassware lately but that's a nice haul. One day, I'll land the coveted Iris glass

I didnt order them. Another dude on BA did but we just did a group buy. That is everyones glasses in one pic. Ill get mine next week. We ordered them from Mikkeller and it was a big problem with them not communicating....but in the end they waved the shipping charge so we got all those for 197 shipped! Comes out to 5.50 a glass!

And yeah....dem loon glasses are sexy.

20130111_203611.jpg

Very little roast or oak flavor. A lot of chocolate and vanilla flavor, so this ended up tasting like a milkshake. Thick and creamy. Thumbs up.

I think Golden Monkey is now my default beer going forward. Only $40 a case and it's 9.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back