Epic Beer Thread 15.0 Hopslammed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorack

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
34a48472fdd338916b77ecb782e457c2.jpg

This is the gold standard IPA for me. This is what made me start appreciating IPAs to begin with. I have yet to find one that I like more.

This is now up on Bell's site about this year's release. I'll be stocking up on Monday.

Q: Is there more Hopslam this year?

A: Yes, we were able to brew more this year, but availability will still vary from area to area.

Q: When/where will it be available?

A: Hopslam will start shipping to areas in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio the week of Jan. 7.

It will begin shipping to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri and Arizona the week of Jan. 14.

It will then start shipping to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky and Pennsylvania the week of Jan. 21.

Get it on!

(Hopefully nobody minds I started the next EB thread. This beer really does deserve one.)

Glad someone started one.J2F ain't been seen in a while.(hope everything is ok with him)

I wish Homslam was in my area. Might trade for some.

Stone "Enjoy By" finally hits around me next week. I plan on drinking alot of it while its here.

I never realized until these EB threads how lucky I am to live in Michigan. My favorite beer store just posted pictures of cases of HopSlam on their FB. Looks like I know what I'll be doing tonight :p

I find it to be a bit hoppy.

Perhaps my need to be slammed by a hop is not as great as my need to pay $10 for a sixer?

tell me about it i decided to grab a 6pack of heinikens last night and it ran me 9.75$ thats crazy ill never grab that again lol i grabbed a bottle of jack to help finish the job tho

Cant wait for Hopslam. Places may have gotten it in today. Ill have to check!

Glad someone started one.J2F ain't been seen in a while.(hope everything is ok with him)

Ah, I didn't realize that this was J2F's thing. I thought it was like the YLYL thread where one ends and somebody just starts up another one. Sorry J2F, didn't mean to step on toes.

I wish Homslam was in my area. Might trade for some.

Stone "Enjoy By" finally hits around me next week. I plan on drinking alot of it while its here.

Mod's deleted mine in favor of this one I guess...

I go to beer Advocate to read reviews a lot, and it's been a while since I looked at their top 100 list. Pliny the Younger is no longer number 1, and at least 35 brews got knocked completely off the list. I guess my goal to drink all of the top 100 will be an ever changing goal.

I'm going to hold off on this one, I'm not a big "hoppy" fan, but I'm excited to try some of the Enjoy By stuff. Hopefully coming locally soon!

I've got a bunch of stuff in the fridge already that I need to taste and review... better get started. lol

I go to beer Advocate to read reviews a lot, and it's been a while since I looked at their top 100 list. Pliny the Younger is no longer number 1, and at least 35 brews got knocked completely off the list. I guess my goal to drink all of the top 100 will be an ever changing goal.

Sounds like a good problem to have. At least you won't be depressed one day because your goal is reached and you're lost without a path... :cool:

Sounds like a good problem to have. At least you won't be depressed one day because your goal is reached and you're lost without a path... :cool:

That's a good way to look at it. I really think a lot of new beers were released recently, and have inflated ratings so far. A lot on the list with less than 100 reviews. IRS dropped off the list. My favorite stout, even over the handful I've had on the list. Stone for life. Suck it.

Finally got my hands on this bad boy.

DSC02290_zps89194aa4.jpg

definitely the strongest beer i've had. it warms your throat and chest as it goes down. good stuff.

Have you tried either of the Plinys??

I am constantly reminded of my ever changing palate. Last year I thought Hopslam was kind of hard to drink but I had a couple last night and found it to be light and refreshing in a very good way. Maybe it's time for me to try DFH 120 minute IPA again.

^^Some time its your palate and sometimes its brewers recipe. I loved SN celebration last yr but thought it was just ok this yr. Not sure if they changed it or i changed. Waiting for SN Hoptuim to come to try again and see if its the same.

^^Some time its your palate and sometimes its brewers recipe. I loved SN celebration last yr but thought it was just ok this yr. Not sure if they changed it or i changed. Waiting for SN Hoptuim to come to try again and see if its the same.

Yeah agreed on Celebration. It tastes a little soapy this year or something, hard to explain. Not terrible, but not outstanding.

Hopslam; 3rd week of January, so said my beer store. I eagerly await.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back