Enzymes for sports injuries?

Cardio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Heard they worked wonders for sprains, strains, joint and muscle pains, and general sports injuries...

Wobenzym (Click here)

Lloyd Irvin (Judo/BJJ/Sambo coach/champion - with B.A. in business) highly recommended these.

Never heard of them or tried them myself... anyone know anything about them?

I havent looked into them that much, but IMO enzymes are crap. Unless I was naturally lacking some I wouldn't take any extra. Plus I don't see how they would help for muscle stuff since digestive enzymes (I think that is what they are selling) just help break things down.

Now, I offer you a chance to learn. They give the ingrediants at the bottom of the page. Why not look each one up on wikipedia, and the ones you don't see google them. Find out what each one does and then answer the question yourself. Based on the research you find, do you think that the product works.

I looked em up; seem like they can really smooth things over, anti-inflammitory (my joints are inflamed) break down protien fast into usable material, etc...

I just have this fear that taking them will decrease my natural production of enzyems because there coming from an external source.. much like shrinking testicle syndrome with testosterone roids because the balls aren't producing testostone because you're injecting it. Then after you roid u have to some estrogen suppressors to get your natural testosterone back up to speed. I'm afraid enzymes might somehow change the way my pancrease works and result in some side effects when I'm off ... should consult a doc about that.

They sound really good though for what I need, a super antiinflamitory and joint builder.

I might buy a bottle and take it for a month to see what happens also take Glucosamine, MGM, and Chondroitin if there are no interactions ...

I havent looked into them that much, but IMO enzymes are crap. Unless I was naturally lacking some I wouldn't take any extra. Plus I don't see how they would help for muscle stuff since digestive enzymes (I think that is what they are selling) just help break things down.

Actually, Wobemzyme is the real deal. I have a client who worked for years holding an impact gun, and has terrible arthritic and cramping problems in his hands. He's in his 70's. He uses a combination of Wobenzyme and Triflex and is back working with the impact gun with no problems.

Also Bromelian, which is a pineapple enzyme, is not only known for it's ability to break down protein...but it's also a very reputable anti-inflammatory for muscle problems.

Back