Enson Inoue Part IV

If it wasn't for Takada, there wouldn't have been any PRIDE FC. Based on that, everyone should love him.

Well. I don't hate Takada. I just first hand experience of him being a coward and showing no appreciation for the help I gave him. Also Pride FC would have gone on without him. Sakakibara and Kato was the ones behind Pride.

funny part about that interview is when the host tells Enson that ONE officials dictate to the refs how to resolve a fight when the lights are turned out and Enson has no idea. he's legit shocked.
Enson is also pissed that they gave him nosebleed seats lol.
Hahaha. It wasn't just nose bleed seats it was THE worst seats in the house. I couldn't even see the big screen monitor and the fighters looked like ants.

Curious how much success he could have had if he was more of a gameplan guy who emphasized the submissions.
Probably better but I wanted to test myself and put myself in the most dangerous situations. Built me as a man but wasn't good for my fight record.

Holy shit, is this actual Enson? Time to ask intelligent question...hmm...

What was it like to be married to prime Miyuu Yamamoto?

/Joke don't kill me

What was Arsen like when he was a kid? What was Krazy Bee like in its early days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably better but I wanted to test myself and put myself in the most dangerous situations. Built me as a man but wasn't good for my fight record.
For me, doing non-life threatening work, I tend to try to accomplish something I know I can get done right and then build momentum and gradually attempt something with higher difficulty. With each greater accomplishment, I build confidence to attempt something harder to prove something to myself. I also would attempt something others couldn't handle.

Holy shit, is this actual Enson? Time to ask intelligent question...hmm...

What was it like to be married to prime Miyuu Yamamoto?

/Joke don't kill me

What was Arsen like when he was a kid? What was Krazy Bee like in its early days?

Being married to Miyu..... well we got divorced nuff said lol

Enson was a tough kid that loved training

In the early days it was Killer Bee/ Purebred Tokyo and it wa strictly a mma gym in the heart of Tokyo. Hardcore and real.

Well. I don't hate Takada. I just first hand experience of him being a coward and showing no appreciation for the help I gave him. Also Pride FC would have gone on without him. Sakakibara and Kato was the ones behind Pride.

Hey Enson,

I didn't mean that you hate him, hate him. It was said more in jest. I (and many others) had watched your interview on Rogan before about the history you have with Takada; I've made a joke about it before that you responded to years ago on Sherdog. Outside of Takada's personality off camera, I have the sense that many long-time fans and those curious about the inner-workings of the fight game in Japan really got a lot out of your insights. And I'm sure there is probably a lot more to discuss.

I don't know if PRIDE FC would have gotten off the ground initially without Takada though. The fans seemed to really buy into him as a legit fighter based on his UWFI days. Maeda couldn't or wouldn't do it at that point. Takada's matches were selling out stadiums and he seemed like the only logical choice to face Gracie. PRIDE 1 seemed like the perfect storm to really get the ball rolling. But you are right, good thing Sakuraba stepped in from mid-card pro wrestler to JMMA legend in short order. It shows how quickly things can turn south (Takada's career) and fighters can get red hot (Saku's popularity; with the skills to back it up).

Last edited:
Yes Takada did help start it but he legitimacy in MMA was revealed soon after. Guys like Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Rampage, Norgeria, Shamrock, Gracies, and Igor were what made Pride what it was.
Also Takada's fight with Coleman was a disgrace.

Hello Enson

How did it worked back in the days during Pride era when you have nothing to watch such as YouTube? You just bought some pride dvds to study your opponents?

Hello Enson

How did it worked back in the days during Pride era when you have nothing to watch such as YouTube? You just bought some pride dvds to study your opponents?
Well I live in Japan and attended in person every event so I saw all the fighters. If it was someone that never fought in Pride before we only could make general gsme plans.

Hi Enson, Frank fights Sakuraba in 2001....Who wins?

Yes Takada did help start it but he legitimacy in MMA was revealed soon after. Guys like Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Rampage, Norgeria, Shamrock, Gracies, and Igor were what made Pride what it was.
Also Takada's fight with Coleman was a disgrace.

Which of the following do you believe disgraced themselves:

Takada
Coleman
The promoters

Which of the following do you believe disgraced themselves:

Takada
Coleman
The promoters
All of them in a way.
The most disgraceful IMO was Takada because he probably asked the promotion to set that up. Next is the Promotion for having the nerve to coordinate a fake fight in a legit ring. Last is Mark for accepting the fake fight but he was in a tough spot. Backinthe day Pride would strong arm fighters with threats of never having them back if the refused so that's what I assumed happened to Mark. Same type of shit was happening with Rampage and Kerr. They even tried to strong arm Mark Hunt and regretted that.

All of them in a way.
The most disgraceful IMO was Takada because he probably asked the promotion to set that up. Next is the Promotion for having the nerve to coordinate a fake fight in a legit ring. Last is Mark for accepting the fake fight but he was in a tough spot. Backinthe day Pride would strong arm fighters with threats of never having them back if the refused so that's what I assumed happened to Mark. Same type of shit was happening with Rampage and Kerr. They even tried to strong arm Mark Hunt and regretted that.

What did PRIDE try to do with Hunt or was it K-1? I seem to recall Hunt having to fight Schilt in kick boxing when he thought he was going to have an MMA bout, but I hadn't heard anything outside of that incident.

You've trained with Sakuraba, but did you ever train with Yuki Kondo? Who would you rate as the better fighter? Who's your pick in a fight between the two and why?

@Enson Inoue I'm a big fan! I'm not a noob, came to sherdog in the late 90s to read about and watch MMA. Had an older account here I wasn't able to recover.

What are you up to these days besides running your gyms? Do you still teach or have other business ventures?

I was also curious what your thoughts were on Japanese MMA and why we don't see more fighters in UFC or Bellator. Maybe because One FC and other promotions in the region pay the same or more? There were a lot of great fighters back in the day. Has interest waned?

It's hard to Google search for info about Japanese gyms/fighters here in America. Do your gyms have any notable fighters or up and comers we should keep our eye on?

I could be wrong but it seemed to me there are good fighters there but not really any super gyms? Grabaka used to be good with 3 really good fighters (Kikuta, Gono, and Misaki) but I haven't heard of anything about them in a long time.

I know there are some gyms with multiple branches like Paraestra and Wajutsu but do fighters cross train with other gyms? I've always believed iron sharpens iron and training with other good fighters will make you better. I also know some gyms don't like it, especially BJJ ones. It seems there are tons of gyms in Tokyo.

Last edited:
You've trained with Sakuraba, but did you ever train with Yuki Kondo? Who would you rate as the better fighter? Who's your pick in a fight between the two and why?
NOI've never trained with Yuki Kondo. He came in after my generation. I think Sakuraba was much more well rounded. Yuki lacks ground skills.

@Enson Inoue I'm a big fan! I'm not a noob, came to sherdog in the late 90s to read about and watch MMA. Had an older account here I wasn't able to recover.

What are you up to these days besides running your gyms? Do you still teach or have other business ventures?

I was also curious what your thoughts were on Japanese MMA and why we don't see more fighters in UFC or Bellator. Maybe because One FC and other promotions in the region pay the same or more? There were a lot of great fighters back in the day. Has interest waned?

It's hard to Google search for info about Japanese gyms/fighters here in America. Do your gyms have any notable fighters or up and comers we should keep our eye on?

I could be wrong but it seemed to me there are good fighters there but not really any super gyms? Grabaka used to be good with 3 really good fighters (Kikuta, Gono, and Misaki) but I haven't heard of anything about them in a long time.

I know there are some gyms with multiple branches like Paraestra and Wajutsu but do fighters cross train with other gyms? I've always believed iron sharpens iron and training with other good fighters will make you better. I also know some gyms don't like it, especially BJJ ones. It seems there are tons of gyms in Tokyo.

I'm now making power stone bracelets at www.destinyforever.com Check it out

I think a lot of Japanese fighters have chosen to fight in ONE and Rizin. For some weird reason the Japanese fighters don't seem to do well abroad. The Japanese fighting scene has really went down since Pride therefore no incentive for new prospects.

The Parestra gyms have the same name but they are actually gyms just using the Parestra name. No real affiliation so they don't mix training.

Hey Enson, do you still talk to Baret Yoshida? How do you feel about Baret's career in grappling, given that you and Egan were coaches and trainers for him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back