English speaking countries with the most annoying accents.

The Brooklyn/Guido accent. I'm from Jersey and that shit drives me insane

South African, yuck. It just sounds so gross. I remember this bitchy bill collector with a South African accent was harassing me a few years ago...I can still hear her in my nightmares "pay your bulls!" Its seriously the worst accent of all time

I have no problem with gay people, but the lisp gets on my nerves...especially when they didn't have one before the came out.

damn, seems like a bunch of motherfuckers that can't read don't like southern accents

thread title: English speaking countries with the most annoying accents.

contrary to one of my 7th grade teachers, the south did not win the civil war and they are not their own country

hey, what is the best solar system? Earf

damn, seems like a bunch of motherfuckers that can't read don't like southern accents

contrary to one of my 7th grade teachers, the south did not win the civil war and they are not their own country

Calm down. Title was only intended to emphasise english first language people, not second language (ie people from non english speaking backgrounds trying to speak english)

Has to be Scouse

Seconded.

I remember one of my friends pointing out that, if you were to shag a Scouse lass, even is she was really good looking, she could look back over her shoulder at you and say something hideous like, "och, fook me!"

Ugh.

South African, yuck. It just sounds so gross. I remember this bitchy bill collector with a South African accent was harassing me a few years ago...I can still hear her in my nightmares "pay your bulls!" Its seriously the worst accent of all time

Ha ha, the Afrikaner accent is quite nasty, I agree.

I'm married to a South African, but she doesn't sound like that (she isn't Afrikaner).

Shiii mayne peep all dem Lil shawty in englenn dey da mos noy-in when dey pop off at da jaw foo trus me mayne on errythang

For me it's Canada eh'
I actually like the S. African accent.
Scottish is, of course, the coolest.

Last edited:

Ok then. Americans have the most annoying accents. Happy now?

well there's the people from the UK who i simply do not understand. I have no idea what part of the UK this is, but it's inaudible. I'm struggling to think of a well known example, but the main military antagonist in 28 Days Later will have to suffice.

then there's West Virginians.

Christopher Eccleston's accent? But he says asshole so funny in GONE IN 60 SECONDS.

Em Oin aah-sole? Dual look lackin aah-sole?

"Scouse" rurther sounds like a pejorative. Is that the technical term?

well there's the people from the UK who i simply do not understand. I have no idea what part of the UK this is, but it's inaudible. I'm struggling to think of a well known example, but the main military antagonist in 28 Days Later will have to suffice.

then there's West Virginians.

So many accents in the UK. I've been to places where one english guy couldn't understand the english guy across the road from him even though they've both been in the same town for 10 years.

i find it ironic that singapore & HK were former british territories.

Love them all except trailer park! Ohio is default American English accent btw, it'll get you far, especially in Asian speaking countries. Lucky for me I have a variety of tastes.

So many accents in the UK. I've been to places where one english guy couldn't understand the english guy across the road from him even though they've both been in the same town for 10 years.

the ones that speak the least clearly.

Back