"Energy shots" are a scam

5 Hour Energy always worked good for me when I needed a quick boost at work, I once tried this other one, I think it was called X-Energy, it looked similar to the 5 Hour bottles and that one had me spagoodled in my noodle, felt like I was back on crystal meth, having all these weird ass thoughts and wanting to go lock myself in the bathroom and whack off for the next 3 hours

Just buy preworkout. I have caffeine sweats everytime I use it....

I really don't think people need anywhere close to the amount of caffeine they normally consume. It's just a physical addiction and mental game people play with themselves.
Yep.

I work overnight,and sometimes i get a craving out of sheer boredom.

I've limited myself to 2 cups per day and usually I just have one when I wake up.

Thats it.

Yep.

I work overnight,and sometimes i get a craving out of sheer boredom.

I've limited myself to 2 cups per day and usually I just have one when I wake up.

Thats it.

Yea this is what I do. One in the morning and one after lunch. If I train the next morning which is like 2 times a week. Then I only have one in the morning and skip the lunch coffee.

Reactions: HHJ
Miss the days before the feds cracked down on DMAA and drove the original Jack3d to the black market

Only acceptable replacement for black coffee. Everything else is weaksauce.

Stay hydrated and eat a nutrient dense diet. No "energy shot" required.

What about Lipovitan, the Japanese one sold in 7-11? It's got Vitamin B (for energy production), royal jelly (what bees feed the queen bee), possibly taurine (same ingredient in Red Bull type).

Stay hydrated and eat a nutrient dense diet. No "energy shot" required.
Agree. I actually think caffeine is one of the worst things in the last 15 years in terms of health. Seems like half the people I know are addicted to it. Not only are the side effects bad but at the end of the day it's masking the true problem. Poor diet ? Poor sleep ? Poor mental/physical health ? Like you said address your daily routine/health and you won't need caffeine

In some cases it can actually mask serious issues (my dad and my soon to be ex wife both abuse caffeine to mask undiagnosed depression). In their case it's a double-edged sword because it makes their depression better in the morning but then it makes their afternoon anxiety spike

Agree. I actually think caffeine is one of the worst things in the last 15 years in terms of health. Seems like half the people I know are addicted to it. Not only are the side effects bad but at the end of the day it's masking the true problem. Poor diet ? Poor sleep ? Poor mental/physical health ? Like you said address your daily routine/health and you won't need caffeine

In some cases it can actually mask serious issues (my dad and my soon to be ex wife both abuse caffeine to mask undiagnosed depression). In their case it's a double-edged sword because it makes their depression better in the morning but then it makes their afternoon anxiety spike
Caffeine and Alcohol the most over abused substances in today's society

I don't think caffeine addiction is all that new. I've known people to overdo it and be addicted since back when 2L bottles were new.

I can buy it worsening some, maybe. Energy drink bullshit, with jacked up levels. And, also, because caffeine effect severity isn't as bad as other drugs, abuse of it has really been 'normalized'. Much like cell phone addiction and obesity/sugar intake, people can't recognize that what they're doing is seriously messed up, because so many other people do it as much or worse, that it just feels normal.

Do you even pregame before work ;)

fourloko.jpg
sour blue razz is fire

Tried a name brand 5 hour energy today and it also didn't do shit. This is my 3rd consecutive 16 hour day so maybe I just can't be energized at this point

I dont even drink coffee now. Before I workout I take a tablespoon of coffee grounds. Gives me plenty of energy after it kicks in. I dont know if this is bad for me I hope not but it freakin works. Sitting here now waiting for it to kick in.

I don't think caffeine addiction is all that new. I've known people to overdo it and be addicted since back when 2L bottles were new.

I can buy it worsening some, maybe. Energy drink bullshit, with jacked up levels. And, also, because caffeine effect severity isn't as bad as other drugs, abuse of it has really been 'normalized'. Much like cell phone addiction and obesity/sugar intake, people can't recognize that what they're doing is seriously messed up, because so many other people do it as much or worse, that it just feels normal.
It's always existed but it's been more advertised and way more products/push just in the last 10 years. There even getting in trouble now for pushing it towards school aged kids

They definitely have caffeine in them but there's no reason to ever use them when coffee exists and is very cheap. Energy drinks aren't worth it either. That stuff is for teenagers, if you're a grown adult looking for a source of energy you should be drinking coffee or tea. They are both dirt cheap and the easiest thing to make yourself.

5 Hour Energy always worked good for me when I needed a quick boost at work, I once tried this other one, I think it was called X-Energy, it looked similar to the 5 Hour bottles and that one had me spagoodled in my noodle, felt like I was back on crystal meth, having all these weird ass thoughts and wanting to go lock myself in the bathroom and whack off for the next 3 hours
wait... that's not normal for other peoole???

Back