• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Enemy at the Gates

That scene where the commisar (?) yell at the soldiers for one person to get a rifle and another only get a grenade stayed with me when I watched it in theater. And since then, I've had the stereotypical view that Russian soldiers have been poorly equipped ingrained in me.
Ukraine war would confi nothing has changed.

Seems way too big of a praise. I liked it, but never thought it was anything special.

Lawrence of Arabia
Das Boot
All Quiet on the Western Front (the original - amazing book too btw)
Dunkirk
Glory
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
The Bridge Over River Kwai
The Dirty Dozen
The Great Escape
Black Hawk Down
none of which were capable of replicating the dynamic between two snipers hunting each other 0 \

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
Been a long time since I've seen it, but did he bang Rachel weisz while dozens of soldiers slept right next to them?
This is the scene that stood out to me. Could you imagine the stench down there? They probably haven't showered in weeks.

Edit: And they definitely weren't going to shower for a few more weeks after that.

This is the scene that stood out to me. Could you imagine the stench down there? They probably haven't showered in weeks.

Edit: And they definitely weren't going to shower for a few more weeks after that.
You know when he would be setting his gun he still had Weisz funk on his fingers.

Ahahahah

Good movie, not ATG level as others have said, went pretty CoD/arcade ish near the end but the opening was amazing.

I remember watching it when it first came out and thinking it was very slow (which isn’t necessarily bad) and boring.

Maybe I should give it another shot since I wasn’t a sherdogger at the time.

I made that shot a hundred times when I was a sniper. Even no-scoped a few of them. But I'm not saying it's not tricky
I'm no sniper but have hunted deer and other animals for more than 40 years. I have made similar shots on deer running through the woods and crossing an opening like that from over 100 yards. I don't think this would be that incredible a shot for a trained sniper with the best gear. I would bet shots were made like this dozens of times over and over in the various wars.

One of those "if its on tv, i will watch it"

No masterpiece but suprisingly good and its actually better than some rus films conserning rus snipers

Back