• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Endeavor (UFC Owner), is Buying 51% of WWE, Merging to Create New Parent Company.

Odds are, both products will stay the same. Only difference is that WMG will make it more expensive to be a wrestling fan, just like they've done with Mixed Martial Arts the UFC. You can take that to the bank, senator.
I'm guessing they will start doing WWE pay per views again ? i know they used to do that but then switched to a subscription service sort like netflix or something.
Haven't followed WWE properly for super long so unsure

They own a bunch of shit. Doesn't mean the ufc is involved all you wrestling hulkamaniacs

I'm guessing they will start doing WWE pay per views again ? i know they used to do that but then switched to a subscription service sort like netflix or something.

That's what I think will happen. They will ditch the subscription model, or raise the price of it monthly and then charge a discounted fee for PPVs if you've got the service.

Peacock deal is till 2026, so three years away. Lots can change during that time.

That's what I think will happen. They will ditch the subscription model, or raise the price of it monthly and then charge a discounted fee for PPVs if you've got the service.
Ouch for WWE fans especially during current times but that is just how things go. Thank god has blessed us with many rivers.

With the success amateur wrestlers have had in the sport of ufc, I’m surprised this hasn’t happened sooner. Just imagine what the pros can do.

Odds are, both products will stay the same. Only difference is that WMG will make it more expensive to be a wrestling fan, just like they've done with Mixed Martial Arts the UFC. You can take that to the bank, senator.

True - the deal values UFC at around $12 billion, about $3bn more than it does WWE and a near trebling of what it was valued via the deal to buy the controlling stake in 2016. So clearly Endeavour are not going to be in the market for changing a formula with the UFC which they will see as currently being very successful.

That being said this isn't a shrug of the shoulders and everything goes on as normal deal - there are a bunch of ways they could have done this that didn't involve merging the UFC into a combined and separately traded company with WWE. The manner of this suggests that they see, in dreaded corporate speak, 'synergies' between the two businesses that could see both benefit from being operated by the same company.

It's quite a momentous thing and while its not about to have UFC fighters with supernatural gimmicks or triple threat matches, it will very quickly have an impact on things like pipeline of talent, cross-promotion, third party contracts and more.

Ufc has worked so hard to be legitimate, working with wwe is such a mistake. It only questions whether your product is real

good point. I remember when the XFL first launched and McMahon was asked questions about if the football games were legit, and he got quite pissy about it

True - the deal values UFC at around $12 billion, about $3bn more than it does WWE and a near trebling of what it was valued via the deal to buy the controlling stake in 2016. So clearly Endeavour are not going to be in the market for changing a formula with the UFC which they will see as currently being very successful.

That being said this isn't a shrug of the shoulders and everything goes on as normal deal - there are a bunch of ways they could have done this that didn't involve merging the UFC into a combined and separately traded company with WWE. The manner of this suggests that they see, in dreaded corporate speak, 'synergies' between the two businesses that could see both benefit from being operated by the same company.

It's quite a momentous thing and while its not about to have UFC fighters with supernatural gimmicks or triple threat matches, it will very quickly have an impact on things like pipeline of talent, cross-promotion, third party contracts and more.

It'll mostly be behind the scenes changes and up front ones with them ridding themselves of overlapping positions and responsibilities along with the up front ones regarding cost to the consumer. At the end of the day, I'll keep watching MMA so it is what it is.

i've basically already transferred over to being a fight circus fan. should have been there since day one. thats where the real fighters fight.

It's basically the same model more or less

Man this AV absolutely slaps - I didn't know we had NGE fans on here. Many a Sherbro could benefit from learning that connecting with other people is worthwhile even if its painful somtimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back