Crime Empire star attacked . Claims racial and homophobic slurs were yelled at him

Do you think Empire star Jussie Smollett is a victim of a hate crime, or is it a false flag?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this forum was created there has been more leeway given than any other forum besides OT. That's because of the nature of the topics discussed, and the realization that these topics tend to evoke emotions because they're often much more important than topics discussed in any other forum. That conundrum makes it very difficult to moderate in here. One one hand we understand that people are going to feel very strongly about some of the topics, and can't be expected to always stay detached. On the other hand, it's easy to go overboard and turn threads into shitstorms, which nobody wants to read.

So there's no other way to do it other than drawing a line somewhere. Where exactly that line is can be hard to nail down, but there has to be a line.

On the contrary, I think people read the threads for the shit-storms.

There's a reason why this thread has 206 pages, whereas a good, solid debate about an important topic only has about three.

I think it's hilarious how grown men have such trouble abiding by simple rules on an internet forum

What reputation? Sherdog is held in poor regard outside of Sherdog...Even Rogan laughs about these forums and terms like TUF Nuthugger ruled the main boards for the first 5 seasons of TUF because of the influx of bottom feeder boxing fans know-nothings sticking around trash talking actual MMA fans.

The War Room should have its own rules, loose rules otherwise this board is a joke. But it is actually clear that leeway is given here...I just think it should be a little more...like giving everyone the "platinum member" treatment cause some of those shits have called for violence against posters and get away with it.
Joe Rogan looking down on this forum actually elevates it in my estimations. Doesn’t he have his own private forum? Can you imagine the cesspool of stoner bros, spiritually enlightened hippies and Rogan ballwashers on that site? Pass.

Chicago Police give Jussie Smollett an ULTIMATUM
Dz4f7J6X4AALEh9.jpg

NOW A SUSPECT!
HATE HOAX CRIME

What reputation? Sherdog is held in poor regard outside of Sherdog...Even Rogan laughs about these forums and terms like TUF Nuthugger ruled the main boards for the first 5 seasons of TUF because of the influx of bottom feeder boxing fans know-nothings sticking around trash talking actual MMA fans.

Joe Rogan has some nerve to laugh at anyone else after his humiliating behavior during Ronda's reign. Calling her the greatest athlete and woman in the history of the human race. Literally crying over her greatness in the cage and constantly hyping her incredible boxing and striking. His disapproval is a badge of honor.

I think it is hilarious that grown men need rules on an internet forum.
Fact, it's hilarious that grown men can't conduct themselves like civilized adults without the threat of adverse actions being taken on their account.

Fact, it's hilarious that grown men can't conduct themselves like civilized adults without the threat of adverse actions being taken on their account.

Then again, I sometimes question how many of the users are actually adults.

Joe Rogan has some nerve to laugh at anyone else after his humiliating behavior during Ronda's reign. Calling her the greatest athlete and woman in the history of the human race. Literally crying over her greatness in the cage and constantly hyping her incredible boxing and striking. His disapproval is a badge of honor.
I know in my professional or personal life I would never proclaim to be a fan of Joe Rogan as some sort of thinker or influence. To do so would immediately qualify me as an idiot.

Oh get off your judgemental horse.

With every commentary job in the UFC, there's an factor of promoting the fighters. Especially when they have the abilities to be dominant champions but don't have the mic skills to promote themselves.

Oh get off your judgemental horse.

With every commentary job in the UFC, there's an factor of promoting the fighters. Especially when they have the abilities to be dominant champions but don't have the mic skills to promote themselves.

Well, I won't ever forget him hyping Cain's "superhuman cardio" endlessly before he fought Werdum and he gassed out in one round before running straight into a Guillotine either. Rogan's opinions are as valid and professional as anyone on Sherdog.

Last edited:
This was yesterday and a few pages back and I can't remember who posted to credit them, but I'm going to throw it up again because it's great...

Know the real kick in the balls for this? His fucking interview about this he made some comment "if what happened to me inspires one gay boy to fight back then that's good enough for me"

Like... NOTHING HAPPENED TO YOU BRO!!!!!! There's virtue signaling then there's this.

On the contrary, I think people read the threads for the shit-storms.

There's a reason why this thread has 206 pages, whereas a good, solid debate about an important topic only has about three.

In this case where the key victim is completely tight lipped after his story fell apart 21 days ago. How is a 3 page discussion supposed to occur when the dialectics are so complex? Jussie Smollett's behavior hurts gay and black people badly. This isn't open for debate. His account of what happened reeked of dishonesty from the start . If there is indeed a giant cover up to suppress the truth he has many outlets to correct the story but he hasn't. Likely because he's being coached by lawyers and agents on what to share as Smollett is now a suspect in the hate crime he claimed he was victim of previously.

The biggest take away from this the same with all sensationalized stories. The media will gladly sacrifice truth to be first to the report a story. Waiting for due process to at least start should be a requirement in journalism.

Know the real kick in the balls for this? His fucking interview about this he made some comment "if what happened to me inspires one gay boy to fight back then that's good enough for me"

Like... NOTHING HAPPENED TO YOU BRO!!!!!! There's virtue signaling then there's this.

I think that interview really pissed off some people in Chicago PD who had been investigating this and probably knew within 48 hours that it was a total hoax. Because right after that is when the leaks suddenly started flowing big-time.

Who wants to pitch in on a limited run of #FreeJussie T-Shirts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back