Embrassing

Genuine credit for any boxing fans who still have the nerve to post. What an embarrassment for your sport.

Malignaggi didn't represent me or "my" sport. He represented himself & that's all.
I thought that he was a fool for taking the fight because of his distinct lack of power & his brittle hands. Not to mention the fact that he was shot & coming off of a two-plus year retirement.
But, I'll be honest, I thought that he'd still have enough to pull out a victory. After seeing what Lobov's last opponent did to his face, I figured that if a grappler could do that to him then Malignaggi would do the same or worse & likely stop him on cuts. But, Malignaggi wasn't busy enough even before he broke his hand. So, he lost.
Big deal. it means nothing to me. Hell, I didn't even watch last night. I was too busy watching the UFC & Bellator because as much as I love boxing, I have an almost equal amount of love for MMA. The only reason that I favor boxing by a wee bit more is because it's how I used to make my living. So, there's some loyalty there for the game that used to pay my bills.

I now watched the fight and no matter who won officially (who cares) Paulie really did a piss poor job. Sure he "outboxed" Artem with his his jab but I expected as a boxer he would stay in mid distance, read Artems punches and consistently punish Lobovs offense with punches to the body, then pivoting out..etc. Overwhelm him with output. This can kill the cardio very effective.

Imo his mind was way too much on avoiding damage by going out of Artems reach and pacing himself. It was not an intelligent fight by Paulie instead he tried mostly to avoid a fight. Artem I dont have a problem with he cant fight intelligently and did everything he can.

Maybe because Paulie is used to way longer fights or just touching without punching, but it was just a very poor display of him. If we are honest it was the joke fight you would expect from bareknuckle minus the violence.

Paulie really only has himself to blame. No matter how washed up he is, near any way lower level boxer would have walked right through Artem yesterday, stayed in the pocket and destroyed him.

Lets hope Paulie now stays retired and bareknuckle dies a silent death. Dont get the appeal with bk besides if someone has fun watching cuts develop and blood flow.

And I dont get the boxing vs mma vibe some bring into this. Thought this era is long gone were dick measuring contests were made by whom has the more deadly martial art. In our town it were always the deadly wing chun & Tai Chi guys. That was until they had to fight <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
I now watched the fight and no matter who won officially (who cares) Paulie really did a piss poor job. Sure he "outboxed" Artem with his his jab but I expected as a boxer he would stay in mid distance, read Artems punches and consistently punish Lobovs offense with punches to the body, then pivoting out..etc. Overwhelm him with output. This can kill the cardio very effective.

Imo his mind was way too much on avoiding damage by going out of Artems reach and pacing himself. It was not an intelligent fight by Paulie instead he tried mostly to avoid a fight. Artem I dont have a problem with he cant fight intelligently and did everything he can.

Maybe because Paulie is used to way longer fights or just touching without punching, but it was just a very poor display of him. If we are honest it was the joke fight you would expect from bareknuckle minus the violence.

Paulie really only has himself to blame. No matter how washed up he is, near any way lower level boxer would have walked right through Artem yesterday, stayed in the pocket and destroyed him.

Lets hope Paulie now stays retired and bareknuckle dies a silent death. Dont get the appeal with bk besides if someone has fun watching cuts develop and blood flow.

And I dont get the boxing vs mma vibe some bring into this. Thought this era is long gone were dick measuring contests were made by whom has the more deadly martial art. In our town it were always the deadly wing chun & Tai Chi guys. That was until they had to fight <Lmaoo>

Yeah, I was surprised by all the chest-thumping & finger-pointing being done by the MMA fans on these boards today. And with such vitriol. I was taken aback because I thought we'd outgrown that silly, moronic stage & gotten to the point where there was mutual respect & people could enjoy both combat sports without trashing the other. But, obviously, I was wrong.
What's clear now is that there has been a rather large contingent of MMA fans who have held a grudge since the Mayweather-McGregor fight & they've been waiting for two long years to find some reason to claim "revenge" so they jumped on this bare-knuckle bandwagon & celebrated Lobov's victory with almost orgasmic glee.
Which is pretty sad when you consider how slim the margin of victory was. I didn't watch the fight myself but plenty of folks are saying that under normal boxing scoring criteria that Malignaggi would have won. But, apparently in this "sport" ineffective aggression is rewarded. But, whatever the scoring was, it was still a tight, close affair by all accounts. But, by the way that this contingent of MMA fans has been carrying on all day, you'd think that Lobov knocked him the fuck out or something.
But, I suppose when their real hero, Conor McGregor hasn't been capable of winning a fight in close to three years they're forced to jump for joy when his UFC washout sparring partner surrogate eeks out a decision win over a one-handed powder-puff puncher.

I thought nothing really happened in that fight. Paulie fought one handed and Artem has no real footwork or jab. I thought Paulie won the fight but Paulie deserves to lose since he is the expert in this field. The weirdest thing for this fight for me was the size advantage come fight time. I honestly didn't see it during the weighins or face off

Back