Embrassing

Ya, bare knuckles are stupid, guys cut like butter. What happened to his face there litterally took place in about a 10 second time frame when Artem managed to grab him and dirty box him up. That wasn't damage caused by a 5 round ass whooping.

Artem's face was a mess too.
Agreed. BKFC is dumb, that's why they turned it into the boxing we know today. Cuts, broken hands, too short rounds, too few rounds. HWs don't want a part of it because they'll instantly break there hands. I had an open mind but fuck this backwards shit.

Pauline and Embarrassing.

Two are usually found together, wearing matching t shirts and holding hands.

Former Boxing World Champion getting his ass whooped by extremely predictable can MMA fighter. Artem had terrible defense + only one strike in his arsenal and Paulie didn't have any answer against it. Let's be honest about it this guy wouldn't last round with Conor on any Martial Arts including Boxing.

He’d still beat Connor boxing even old a shot to shit. Bare knuckle is fck all like Queensbury rules

This still isn't as embarassing as the UFC Heavyweight champion getting KTFO against a 50 year old, out of shape Ray Mercer.

It kind of is, actually. Artem is a can by MMA standards, at least Mercer was a world champion in boxing. And he was 48, not 50. And he beat Sylvia with a punchers chance he obviously got. There should have been no way Artem wins a decision vs Paulie in a fist fight.

Genuine credit for any boxing fans who still have the nerve to post. What an embarrassment for your sport.

I like all the posts ITT excusing the Mercer-Sylvia lost with
"B-b-b-but Sylvia sucked! It doesn't matter that he was the UFC champion!"
"B-b-b-but Mercer was a boxing world champion... 20 years before fighting Sylvia..."
"B-b-b-but he wasn't the UFC champion anymore, he only held the UFC title a year before getting knocked out by a boxer in an MMA match!"

As though it wouldn't be extremely easy for us to make the same excuses for Malinaggi's loss.
Face it, a UFC champion lost to a former boxing champion that was so old he could legally stay in a retirement home, in the actual sport of MMA.
Whereas we still haven't taken an L in Boxing, just in some "sport" with 5, 2 minute rounds.

Eh. I never heard of this paulie guy until he started crying about sparring with conor.

Artem has a granite chin, so this seemed easy enough to predict.

Right because clearly boxing is the key to everything, as we witnessed tonight with Paulies brilliant intelligence and gameplan. He really showed heart and a willingness to win there..........

You appear a tad upset over an obviously flippant remark

It kind of is, actually. Artem is a can by MMA standards, at least Mercer was a world champion in boxing. And he was 48, not 50. And he beat Sylvia with a punchers chance he obviously got. There should have been no way Artem wins a decision vs Paulie in a fist fight.
Paulie and Artem have no control on what the judges do.
This isn't a real sport yet and the judging showed that.
I rewatched the fight, and you could argue Paulie won 5-0. Outlanded him each round by a good margin.
Only notable thing was that Artem had that 5 second collision where he landed a couple worthless inside punches, and about two other grazing shots in 5 rounds and thats it.
At best, and I mean if you simply somehow minimize everything Paulie did and Maximize everything Artem did, you can only give Artem the last two rounds. Thats it.

Yeah but then it wouldn't be bare knuckle, would it? Maybe they're special wrist wraps, who knows I'm not that deep into it lol..

i guess i assumed bare knuckle just meant no gloves, not some shitty wraps that guarantee skin against skin

Yeah, you're right. The focus on boxing defense like head movement, footwork etc is a thing of the past. It's all about blocking punches with your face, hitting air while being out of range and looking like you have two left feet...
You really just threw your boy Paulie under the bus here.

You have to change your game up without gloves, plain and simple.
And you don't get points for running and not engaging. But I am sure Paulie will do better next time.

I rewatched the fight, and you could argue Paulie won 5-0. Outlanded him each round by a good margin.
Only notable thing was that Artem had that 5 second collision where he landed a couple worthless inside punches, and about two other grazing shots in 5 rounds and thats it.
At best, and I mean if you simply somehow minimize everything Paulie did and Maximize everything Artem did, you can only give Artem the last two rounds. Thats it.
The fact that it was close is pathetic.

Maybe they don't even wan't to judge fights from "real sport" perpective. They want action and pressure, and Artem was rewarded for it. Im sure Paulie knew what he signed up for, so he has only himself to blame for fighting like he did.

Maybe they don't even wan't to judge fights from "real sport" perpective. They want action and pressure, and Artem was rewarded for it. Im sure Paulie knew what he signed up for, so he has only himself to blame for fighting like he did.
For fighting like what? He pressured Artem the first few rounds until he busted his hand.

Also put up the rules then since you are speaking as if you know it.

Agreed. BKFC is dumb, that's why they turned it into the boxing we know today. Cuts, broken hands, too short rounds, too few rounds. HWs don't want a part of it because they'll instantly break there hands. I had an open mind but fuck this backwards shit.
Honestly I'd rather just see them do this with MMA gloves. I like how the smaller gloves affect the way fights go down and I do like how BKFC does include clinch punching (wish the comentator would stop calling it the "Thai Plum"). There are aspects that I like, but it's too damn obvious that guys are getting carved up super easy.

I love these threads. Boxing fans are on edge and the worse sore losers ive ever seen

how so - paulie was smaller, retired, older.

And most people agree he did enough to win but god knows how the hell they score in BKFC.

I'm assuming Ineffective aggression is scored more than actual punches landed.

how so - paulie was smaller, retired, older.

And most people agree he did enough to win but god knows how the hell they score in BKFC.

I'm assuming Ineffective aggression is scored more than actual punches landed.

Would you like to borrow my big book of excuses?

Back