Emanuel Newton blames loss to Phil Davis on pre-fight...activities

best excuse I've heard in time, I'll accept it.

Hell, I ain't even mad.

I've always liked Newton. A black dude that listens to hardcore punk and likes to throw spinning back fists at fools? Fuck yeah, I'm a fan.

Women weaken legs!

Seriously, though. You ever get laid and then try to get up enough Give A Shit to go hit your squat workout?

I don't think it would have changed a thing, but it's hard to be a motivated anything with your balls drained.

Women weaken legs!

Seriously, though. You ever get laid and then try to get up enough Give A Shit to go hit your squat workout?

I don't think it would have changed a thing, but it's hard to be a motivated anything with your balls drained.

What the hell? Did you just read my training log? That's exactly what happened to me yesterday.

Didnt Liddell have a threesome with some models right before fighting Tito? Didnt seem to bother him

What the hell? Did you just read my training log? That's exactly what happened to me yesterday.

I hadn't before, but I just did and laughed my ass off.

I train at home more often than not and have walked into the gym after abusing the wife appropriately, gone halfway through a warmup, set the bar up in the cage, then pulled the bench up, gone to the min-fridge, grabbed a beer, sat on the bench, cracked it and thought "Well, at least I just got laid."

So I feel your pain.

Lmao funny thing is it does effect performance. I noticed it before leg day at the gym

This guy is too likable to Rip on. Horrible excuse but some side of me believes him lol

Motivated BJ....

Sea-level Cain....

Celibate Emmanuel Newton...

And the list continues to grow.

Chuck with that look in his eye
Evolved Kimbo
Kimbos Inner Me/Enemy

We can almost make a Grand Prix. I dig Newton but when he loses it's always entertaining to hear his reasons.

Wonder what it will be regarding the Vassel fight.

So, don't have sex before anything involving being psychical.

but, have sex before doing anything involving mental.

well besides answering incrimminating questions to the wife/girlfriend.

I used to like him but he's going off the deepend like Mayhem.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/bellat...-pre-fight-sex-contributed-to-phil-davis-loss

Newton, the former Bellator light heavyweight champion who suffered a first-round submission loss to Phil Davis in September, said the mistake of having sex just hours before the event was a partial contributor to the loss. A rib injury suffered early in the fight was also a factor, he said.

Newton (25-9-1 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) said the pre-fight friskiness hurt his tenacity and “edge” going into the fight. He learned an important lesson from that, he said, which he expects to benefit him going into his Feb. 19 rematch with Linton Vassell (15-5 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) at Bellator 149.

“I had sex like three or four hours before the fight, which was stupid,” Newton told MMAjunkie. “Once again, I was getting caught up in that (mentality that) certain things couldn’t touch me when I have to understand that I am human and I do have to train hard and I can’t be going out and making stupid mistakes. Then the first takedown of the fight that Phil got on me, I popped my rib. It just wasn’t meant for me to win that fight because I learned so much.

“(Having sex) definitely took away my hips. My trainer Antonio (McKee), even the day before when we were doing the open workouts I was kicking him off his feet with spinning back kicks. The first takedown Phil got on me was when I threw a spinning back kick and he powered through it and he got that body lock and that’s when I popped my rib. But right when we were warming up my trainer looked at me and said, ‘What happened to that power?’ Lesson learned. It happened for a bigger reason and I did learn a lesson and get a deeper understanding of myself.”

So, this was actually said by a human. Are you kidding me?

I don't Newton is that good but I think it contributed to his loss sure. It's like saying you worked out@ the gym before a fight, it CAN take a lot of energy off.

Yeah that's an old wives tale. It may have affected him mentally because people actually believe it, but its not true. No scientific studies have been done on the myth, but there's tons of anecdotal evidence that suggests having sex before a big athletic competition can reduce stress and anxiety which leads to a clearer head. I guess if you had twelve hour tantric sex like Sting it could affect performance, but most sexual encounters only burn 300-500 calories and that should not affect performance.

But its an awesome excuse, Newton never fails to amuse with his excuses.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/bellat...-pre-fight-sex-contributed-to-phil-davis-loss

Newton, the former Bellator light heavyweight champion who suffered a first-round submission loss to Phil Davis in September, said the mistake of having sex just hours before the event was a partial contributor to the loss. A rib injury suffered early in the fight was also a factor, he said.

Newton (25-9-1 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) said the pre-fight friskiness hurt his tenacity and “edge” going into the fight. He learned an important lesson from that, he said, which he expects to benefit him going into his Feb. 19 rematch with Linton Vassell (15-5 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) at Bellator 149.

“I had sex like three or four hours before the fight, which was stupid,” Newton told MMAjunkie. “Once again, I was getting caught up in that (mentality that) certain things couldn’t touch me when I have to understand that I am human and I do have to train hard and I can’t be going out and making stupid mistakes. Then the first takedown of the fight that Phil got on me, I popped my rib. It just wasn’t meant for me to win that fight because I learned so much.

“(Having sex) definitely took away my hips. My trainer Antonio (McKee), even the day before when we were doing the open workouts I was kicking him off his feet with spinning back kicks. The first takedown Phil got on me was when I threw a spinning back kick and he powered through it and he got that body lock and that’s when I popped my rib. But right when we were warming up my trainer looked at me and said, ‘What happened to that power?’ Lesson learned. It happened for a bigger reason and I did learn a lesson and get a deeper understanding of myself.”

So, this was actually said by a human. Are you kidding me?
More like he had a vvank

Sports Science disagrees:

When fight network was new they had this hot reporter go around and ask a bunch of MMA fighters, and almost all of them said they refrain from sex, for at least a day or two before the fight.

This is some WWE stuff. Kane also lost cuz he had sex. Newton shoulda watched more WWE or maybe he watched too much..iono

Back