Emanuel Newton blames loss to Phil Davis on pre-fight...activities

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/bellat...-pre-fight-sex-contributed-to-phil-davis-loss

Newton, the former Bellator light heavyweight champion who suffered a first-round submission loss to Phil Davis in September, said the mistake of having sex just hours before the event was a partial contributor to the loss. A rib injury suffered early in the fight was also a factor, he said.

Newton (25-9-1 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) said the pre-fight friskiness hurt his tenacity and “edge” going into the fight. He learned an important lesson from that, he said, which he expects to benefit him going into his Feb. 19 rematch with Linton Vassell (15-5 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) at Bellator 149.

“I had sex like three or four hours before the fight, which was stupid,” Newton told MMAjunkie. “Once again, I was getting caught up in that (mentality that) certain things couldn’t touch me when I have to understand that I am human and I do have to train hard and I can’t be going out and making stupid mistakes. Then the first takedown of the fight that Phil got on me, I popped my rib. It just wasn’t meant for me to win that fight because I learned so much.

“(Having sex) definitely took away my hips. My trainer Antonio (McKee), even the day before when we were doing the open workouts I was kicking him off his feet with spinning back kicks. The first takedown Phil got on me was when I threw a spinning back kick and he powered through it and he got that body lock and that’s when I popped my rib. But right when we were warming up my trainer looked at me and said, ‘What happened to that power?’ Lesson learned. It happened for a bigger reason and I did learn a lesson and get a deeper understanding of myself.”

So, this was actually said by a human. Are you kidding me?

So he couldn't use his hips to fight because he already used them to fuck that day.

Lol I guess I should be happy he is creative with his excuses at least.

I don't believe it, what was he gonna do,? Literally hump Phil Davis?

What a load.

He is basically my spiritual leader so I believe him.

Didn't he blame one loss on the universe or some shit? Least his excuses are fun.

As Johny Hendricks has demonstrated, the wrong training partners can really screw things up.

I could honestly see this messing with his head enough to make a small difference. I can picture him all worried in the locker room like "oh no, my power levels are drained!"

I gotta hand it to him.
I hate losing excuses.. but this one is alright.

I could honestly see this messing with his head enough to make a small difference. I can picture him all worried in the locker room like "oh no, my power levels are drained!"
Lmao dude I can see that!!

Dude is a weirdo lol. He always comes up with some weird stuff. He's not dislikable though. He's .. Well .. He's Emanuel Newton lol. There's really nothing else that needs to be said.

That's a real thing, you simply don't have sex before any sport activity.
Every professional athlete knows that.

Well atleast he took care of it.. Would've been weird Newton popping a boner during the Davis fight.

900x900px-LL-4c921d59_believe.jpeg

He probably thought he was gonna get wrestlefucked and didn't want to waste wood on Phillip

I like how he pretty much disregards getting his rib fractured early in the fight and places the bulk of the blame on blowing a load.

Sex or no sex, the outcome would've been exactly the same.

Motivated BJ....

Sea-level Cain....

Celibate Emmanuel Newton...

And the list continues to grow.

Back