• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Elon Musk being asked to purchase UFC

Do you think there’s a chance Elon will buy the UFC?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Elon would be better to pay fighters than WME who has so much debt, for everyone that is pro fighter pay.

Sorry, I don’t think you know what you are talking about when it comes to Twitter, it’s probably the most powerful media platform right now.

It’s insane when a product/company can become a overnight sensation or be badly wounded by a single tweet.
<TheWire1>
#woke

What's Twitter? Deigo's new coach?

Dan Hardy is idiot. Elon already owns part of the UFC and he would fight to keep things the way they are

He'll send Hardy some dogecoins worth more than Hardy's whole MMA career earnings combined.

<TheWire1>
#woke

What's Twitter? Deigo's new coach?

I mean Elon was skyrocketing stocks and cryptos for a while with just 10 word tweets and hashtags that the SEC sued him for market manipulation since he was crashing and rising the market by billions by just hashtagging on Twitter lol, the federal government wanted Elon to stop destroying the stock market through tweets lol.

Oh fuck off. Not even sure he's buying twitter, considering how Teslas's stock has been going since he mentioned it.

kWS8P3H.jpg

id rather he focus on making me a brain chip so i can live forever.

I would be happy to see an African man buy the UFC

he would probably keep ngannou

I mean Elon was skyrocketing stocks and cryptos for a while with just 10 word tweets and hashtags that the SEC sued him for market manipulation since he was crashing and rising the market by billions by just hashtagging on Twitter lol, the federal government wanted Elon to stop destroying the stock market through tweets lol.

78585011345553b0a4d09ad91bbe41eb.jpg

A contract to buy has been accepted. If Elon backs out, he’ll be sued. You can also buy out options that will vest in the future. Perhaps he won’t buy out literally 100% of the company but it will be close.

If somehow this deal doesn’t close, Elon will pay some heavy financial penalties, and the market certainly expects that it will since Twitter’s shares have already adjusted to Elon’s offer.
There are terms to a deal of this magnitude that Elon can break and not be sued. And he will not have close to 100% of the ownership. That is not how a deal like this works.

Edit: Would love to see this guy's source, but that sounds like that makes sense to me.

I think his proposed purchased only accounts for 9%, which still makes him a majority share holder.

Last edited:
Elon Musk can buy the world!
There are terms to a deal of this magnitude that Elon can break and not be sued. And he will not have close to 100% of the ownership. That is not how a deal like this works.
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-226

The document is public you know , Elon is buying all the company even stocks and shares that have not vested, such rights will be void and converted to cash. Also, there’s a hefty parent termination fee if Elon backs out.

The buy agreement has already been filed with the SEC

After Elon Musk recently bought out all the shares of public company Twitter for 44 billion dollars… he has been tweeting some serious and some jokes about acquiring other companies… such as:

This has made former ufc star and fired analyst Dan Hardy ask for Elon to purchase the UFC, which Elon is already part owner of endeavor and sit on its board of directors.

And if you remember… Elon once challenged Johnny Depp to a UFC match. Elon also has told Joe Rogan in the past on JRE that he’s trained in various martial arts and is interested in fighting.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/25...-depp-to-a-cage-fight-amid-amber-heard-rumors

Isn't he already one of the investors or associated with some of WME/IMG's financial backers already?

One the deal isn't closed. Two, he won't buy 100% of the shares. Twitter is still publicly listed, there are still employee grants vesting and you can hop on a brokerage service, buy shares and not sell them.

Edit: not to mention, Elon can easily fuck this deal up before it closes.
Nah he won't fck it up. He has financial backers for the other 50% so it's not just him working on this deal. He will be the owner though after the deal.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-226

The document is public you know , Elon is buying all the company even stocks and shares that have not vested, such rights will be void and converted to cash. Also, there’s a hefty parent termination fee if Elon backs out.

The buy agreement has already been filed with the SEC
Have you clicked the link you shared? I don't think this is the press release you intended to share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back