Economy Elon Musk Admitted to Fabricating Hyperloop to Kill California High Speed Rail

A shitty hit piece which deliberately mangles Musks intentions. It was obvious from the beginning that the high speed train was another moronic State of California boondoggle that was going to funnel money out of taxpayers pockets and into the hands of the Sacramento power brokers and their parasitic friends. It was obviously stupid for many reasons and was never going to come in on budget or time or anything close to it. The project never should have even been attempted, and if Musk contributed to it's demise then GOOD.

No one needed a high speed train, and it was never a better solution than the ones that already exist. It's only by virtue of the lefts hatred of things that work well and love of collectivism that high speed rail is regarded as a good solution.

It's ironic that it's an article talking about the dangers of trusting billionaires when Time Magazine is owned by one. I guess it's really a fake cautionary tale about trusting anyone that runs afoul of Time's politics.
Funny how the left hates him now just like Tulsi, Bill Mahr and Rogan… all they need is to be told he doesn’t share every opinion like you do and it’s game on !

Elon didn't invent any of that shit lmao.
Private space companies are a result of privatization-minded politicians in the 2000s allocating assloads of taxpayer Nasa money to give to companies after already having decades of existing space engineering to draw on, both through existing tech and employees who were hired from other companies and/or NASA. And for what? A cool youtube video. Self-landing a rocket hasn't proven to be profitable or done anything other than rearranging which contractor gets the right to launch shit into space for a handful of governments and companies.

Again, I pity the childlike concepts people like you have about these projects due to the type of little-boy-playing-with-trucks personas that gravitate to worshipping hucksters like Musk.
wow, downplaying the importance of a self landing rocket....

<mma4>

imagine if your car or an airplane had a one time use factor.

with this tech, you can fly anywhere in the world in one hour. You and I will probably not be able to experience in our lifetimes, but future generations will, and they will have elon to thank.

I also hate Enron Musk and his fraudulent ways and absolutely retarded dickrider cringe fanbase, but @brackis1 boi is in a whole new level when it comes to Muskophobia

Is Tim Cook an inventor because he is head of Apple?

All those sites are wrong because they all say the same illogical thing.
no, but his predecessor definitely was

Do you mean patents? Funny you bring that up lol

one of his marketing campaigns was for open sourcing his ideas and removing patents with Tesla..

the only catch was that he didn't have any patents at the time because every EC patent was already invented decades ago and the patents were owned by other companies

then he magically changes his mind when tesla has an idea worth patenting lol

funny how things change

He didn't change his mind per se.
The patent thing is yet another in the endless list of "sounds cool, but relies on audience not understanding a single lick about the topic" stunts.
In this case that being the wrinkle of patent law: any company using a Tesla patent would automatically invalidate their ability to enforce their own patents lol.
It would be like Mother Theresa trying to take credit for offering free steak dinners to the poor, but anyone who ate her food had their house burn down.

Are you making my point for me ? What about Steve Jobs ? Bill gates he invent windows OS or since computers always had programs before that it’s not a Invention right ? I mean ….so there are no inventions because god made everything we use or science with Big Bang. The first wheel is false there have been circle shape objects before that …
a person who invents, especially one who devises some new process, appliance, machine, or article; one who makes inventions.
Wozniak was the brains, of early Apple.

wow, downplaying the importance of a self landing rocket....

<mma4>

imagine if your car or an airplane had a one time use factor.

with this tech, you can fly anywhere in the world in one hour. You and I will probably not be able to experience in our lifetimes, but future generations will, and they will have elon to thank.
So pulling totally nonexistent tech out of your ass, got it.
Hope you're enjoying the fantasy roleplay in your head at least. Kinda envious tbh

I also hate Enron Musk and his fraudulent ways and absolutely retarded dickrider cringe fanbase, but @brackis1 boi is in a whole new level when it comes to Muskophobia
Agreed, it's hard to find anyone capable of posting coherently with sourced arguments when it comes to Musk. rarified air up here.

A shitty hit piece which deliberately mangles Musks intentions. It was obvious from the beginning that the high speed train was another moronic State of California boondoggle that was going to funnel money out of taxpayers pockets and into the hands of the Sacramento power brokers and their parasitic friends. It was obviously stupid for many reasons and was never going to come in on budget or time or anything close to it. The project never should have even been attempted, and if Musk contributed to it's demise then GOOD.

No one needed a high speed train, and it was never a better solution than the ones that already exist. It's only by virtue of the lefts hatred of things that work well and love of collectivism that high speed rail is regarded as a good solution.

It's ironic that it's an article talking about the dangers of trusting billionaires when Time Magazine is owned by one. I guess it's really a fake cautionary tale about trusting anyone that runs afoul of Time's politics.
Yes it's owned by Marc Benioff, who is very clearly against Musk's companies and would never name him person of the year...
errr
oops facts again sorry pal.
https://jalopnik.com/spacex-investor-names-elon-musk-person-of-the-year-of-h-1848212963

a4ced0212c3b8494091691719080a010.jpg

The "High Speed Rail" has been nothing more than a Democratic Party slush fund. Pure thievery.

Elon could have kept his cards closer to his chest and been the hero of one tribe but he decided (or was "forced") to play his cards differently... The whole thing is humorous to me...

Did any of you actually click the link and read the story?

Musk said "Down the road, I might fund or advise on a Hyperloop project, but right now I can't take my eye off the ball at either SpaceX or Tesla."

From this quote, somehow the author says this is actually Musk saying he wants to make the public and legislators rethink high-speed train. How you get there from the above quote is beyond me, but no one reads anymore so who cares?

Elon Musk: Shit-tier human who owns companies that make pretty solid products. This is how I've always thought of him.

This seems like a poor excuse for how that project was an massive failure. Hate on Elon for a variety of reasons but
he’s isn’t what doomed that project (high speed rail).

He probably isn't the sole reason for it's failure, sure. But to say he was a major interest working against it's success is probably fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back