Ellenberger's weigh-in yesterday

In all fairness... the light IS different and so is his pose. Without a doubt he lost some muscle but the difference is not THAT huge imo.

I thought Hardy was gonna beat GSP....

As did I. Even when the bell rang to end the 5th a part of me still felt that left hook was coming to put GSP down.

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-12.png

Seemed like a mental thing with this guy too. I overrated his skills but I think his mentality hurt him just as much.
he puts a lot of pressure on himself but has seemed simply outclassed then mentally ready to call it a day and retire.

I guess he needs money for his kid, I wish him luck.

he puts a lot of pressure on himself but has seemed simply outclassed then mentally ready to call it a day and retire.

I guess he needs money for his kid, I wish him luck.

I hate to say this, but a real fighter wouldn't do that.

I remember Shogun vs Jones. Jones was dominating but Shogun is never out of a fight. Jones was only safe when that fight was over. Shogun is always dangerous. And that fight did not break his will. I think we take mindsets like that for granted and assume most top fighters have them. But they don't.

He's shot to bits, can't pull the trigger, Brown all day.!!!

A lot of people ignore the IV ban, and go straight to the "post-USADA" remarks. They're completely ignoring the fact that fighters are purposely losing muscle mass to enable them to still make the weight-cut.
The rare intelligent post. thank you!

hes looked like absolute shit for years now. its a shame, seems like a decent guy and had a nice streak going for awhile.

Essentially his knees are the worst in the UFC P4P. My professor at CSUF is a close friend of his and assists in his training regimens. You wouldn't believe the pain this guy pushes through to continue training. It's like Bruce Wayne from Dark Knight.

Didn't realize he had knee issues / damage.

If true, that's brutal to have to deal with. Athletes often aggravate other parts of their legs/hips/back when they're dealing with knee issues.

Looks like a normal guy now.

Not really relevant to Ellenberger, but Body-builder physiques are overrated anyways. You have guys like Anderson, Fedor, the Diaz brothers, etc. who never looked jacked, and ruled the MMA world one time or another.

Might need to give up the juggernaut name

Not commenting on the lighting or angle. However, he does appear to be flexing harder in the bottoms 2 pictures than he does in the top one.

From The Juggernaut to The Juggernot

looks like a before cycle, after cycle photo from one of the other boards I frequent...

Lost some muscle mass over the years . Started out 8-2 in the UFC and had an impressive 6 fight win streak. Tough fight on Saturday, would be a huge win if he can pull it off.
Yesterday
20160729081901_10_Ellenberger.JPG

Few years ago
images

images
Why are they not doing the weigh-ins live anymore?

It just means after the fight there would be more footage to add to the Edmond Titanic compilation video

Back