Elio - 84 MPG - Only $7,450 - Coming 2019....hopefully

that average people drive on the regular? example?

My mother in law drives a crew cab long box f350 with a paint matched fibre glass canopy. Zero rear visibility, have to back up and drive with side mirrors. Cube vans, cargo vans, motorhomes, trucks with large loads on them, minivans packed with groceries, food trucks, ups trucks, u haul vehicles....

My mother in law drives a crew cab long box f350 with a paint matched fibre glass canopy. Zero rear visibility, have to back up and drive with side mirrors. Cube vans, cargo vans, motorhomes, trucks with large loads on them, minivans packed with groceries, food trucks, ups trucks, u haul vehicles....

All these vehicles have mirrors and in the case of delivery trucks and such a lot have cameras. They have better visibility than you think

I've never used Pep Boys. Are they not too good, or what?

Most of those places (Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc) usually mess up the most basic things like over-tightening drain/fill plugs and oil filters. It's just makes me weary that this company would let Pep Boys handle their maintenance & services.

If the geo engine isn't the engine that's going into production that doesn't change anything. It's probably still going to be an unreliable pos. And because its and upstart company, I wouldn't want to chance it breaking down.

The engine puts out a crappy 55 hp. It may have the same engineers, but they have a (low) price point to shoot for. Only time will tell if they engine/transmission are reliable.

For those of you wondering about the engine..... here's this:

[YT]QkZS1YWPpIE[/YT]

[YT]XlM5jWOnDO8[/YT]

Last edited:
I just bought a new car so I'm good for the next decade, but I hope this thing catches on and becomes successful cuz I'll totally buy the 2025 model. I love innovative ideas and am actually frustrated at how slowly cars have evolved in terms of fuel economy.

I'd rather take an Elio than that thing. Plus, I bet the Elio gets better MPGs.

Which, also, the benefit of an Elio is it's 100% gas powered. No electric bullshit. Its all new German engine (Made by Bugatti Veyron) is gonna be great.

Lol at "electric bullshit"

Tesla makes a car far better than this atrocity. But the model s is expensive. Wait till they roll out the model 3 in a few years.

This car is going to replace scooters and will attract the same customers.

I think down the line it could be a really good car but you might want to wait 2-3 years for all of the kinks to be worked out.

The two golden rules of auto buying;
Never buy any vehicle in it's first year of production.
Never buy a French car unless you live in France.

I have my doubts about this car. I doubt they will be able to meet the proposed price point or the mileage goals. It will be $10k and maybe get 50mpg on the highway.

I am in love, after reading the thread I am sold.

I have a fascination with small cars and hybrids.
I have own a civic an insight my wife drives a micra and I will look into buying this

I'll wait for the $400 chinese/indian version. Gonna start my uber fleet.

I'll wait for the $400 chinese/indian version. Gonna start my uber fleet.

India already has the TaTa Nano. It's about $1600 U.S. Dollars new. Iirc they have one that runs on compressed air.
Tata_Nano

All these vehicles have mirrors and in the case of delivery trucks and such a lot have cameras. They have better visibility than you think

The elio has mirrors.

I've never seen or driven a cube van with a back up camera.

Is it that hard to make these cars decent looking enough for a man to drive?

Is it that hard to make these cars decent looking enough for a man to drive?

There are reasons that it looks the way it does, and it is all part of meeting the mileage goals and price point.

I get it but once you get to a certain MPG, it doesn't make a huge difference.

10 gallon tank at 84mpg = 840 miles

10 gallon tank at 75mpg = 750 miles

Basically at 75mpg you have to fill up an extra time every 10 fillups roughly and it's not like you have to fill up that often to begin with. Seems like a small price to pay to make the car look more appealing to non liberal men.

Back