• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC

decided im gonna level up a bit and clear out a bunch more areas before i give the dlc a full shake.

melenia is giving me a good fucking though. thats about all i can take for today. might have to reduce myself to some mimic tear cheese if this keeps going south on me.

i used to have a problem with that nasty miniboss near the drainage channel right before the end of the millicent quest. only took a few tries this time. finally figured out where to fight the damn thing just by random luck i guess. i was trying to go ham on the thing in all the wrong places before and i'd end up getting fucked up or knocked off the ledge to my death and shit. by the time i made it to my 4th journey that encounter was starting to brutalize me worse then most of the bosses but now i think i've figured out what i was doing wrong.

edit: melenia downed on first try this morning. i guess i tend to play better when i step away from the game for a bit.

Last edited:
It's the revenge factor that eats at the back of my mind that drives me on as much as anything else in these games. I haven't had time to play the past week, but the weekend is here.

Messmer is such a prick with his flamboyant taunt after he kills you. My next run is all about exploring everywhere and finding scadutree upgrades mainly just to kill him lol.

Man the stats on this DLC are nuts, with a peak player count of over 760k+, 80% of ER's peak 950k+ count
View attachment 1050160

I thought I read somewhere that From and Bandai were planning on doing other media for the game, like an Anime?

I'd love to see what the world was like when the population was vast (alive) and Godfrey was wrecking shit, and follow with Radagon's rise and the war with Liurnia.

I love the lore, like Dark Souls it needs to be explored in a form like anime, which would likely do justice best. It's too late for Dark Souls, but is ER is still on fire.

Everyone knows Vaati, but my fav Souls lore channel is Hawkshaw. I've probably fallen asleep to this 5 times already.

Messmer is kicking my ass currently as well. He doesn't seem like he should be that hard but his timing is off just enough.

His grab attack is the best they've ever made. It's like a fatality.

I'm on NG+ level 265, dragon incantation build with the new twin moon blades. Killed most bosses on first try, a few gave me a bit of trouble. I'm basically near the final main boss area. Still quite a few of optional stuff to discover though. Overall I think this DLC is a masterpiece. The map is a lot bigger than I first thought and the way different parts of the map are combined is just crazy

I've never really liked Katanas in these games but Great Katanas are kinda fucking dope.

Killed a Deathbird and low and behold I get an ash of War that turns my Great Katanas into my new Deaths Poker now with longer reach and bleed!

Made it to the last boss and missed and an entire map section and a few areas that are uncovered but unexplored. Only at sacdutree +12, so have a bunch of upgrades I can still grab. Going to try and cover the rest of the areas before I finish up.

Overall the DLC has been great, but maybe a bit to large. Some of the area connections are super easy to miss. I wandered for like an hour in the Ruins of Rauh circling the same area trying to find a way through. Finally watched a vid and I missed a cave turn out when I thought it was directing me out into an open area. Area boss was literally right through the cave.

Killed a Deathbird and low and behold I get an ash of War that turns my Great Katanas into my new Deaths Poker now with longer reach and bleed!
Which one? My other character is dual wielding Melania's blade and Nagakiba.

Feel like an idiot that it took me as long as it did to find the ancient Rauh ruins. I knew it had to be connected to Shadow Keep but I couldn’t find the entrance to the bridge. Literally just had to go left at the Storage Room grace.

Once I clear that area I think I’ll be close to the end of the DLC.

Which one? My other character is dual wielding Melania's blade and Nagakiba.
Ash of War is Ghostflames Call. I'm running an Int/dex now so I cold infused the regular Great Katana and slapped the ash on it.
It's working pretty well.
Also using the Ice perfume bottle. Those things are really good.

Beat the first major boss after about 8-10 attempts though I actually went to castle enis first, and left after Renalla kept beating the shit out of me.

I swear, I know they will never do it, but if they made the dodge happen on button press, it would be so much easier. Still, very fun.

I finished up the Cerulean Coast and underground fissure area. Based on enemy power level these definitely feel like you are intended to explore here first, just like Weeping Peninsula. And just like Weeping Peninsula I got here after already doing most of the DLC and felt OP lol.

Beat the first major boss after about 8-10 attempts though I actually went to castle enis first, and left after Renalla kept beating the shit out of me.

I swear, I know they will never do it, but if they made the dodge happen on button press, it would be so much easier. Still, very fun.
I hate that it's on release. I guess they had to because it's the same button as sprint. Jump is on press but it has its own dedicated button.

Beat Messmer, did the ember thing and now in the next area where they teleport you.

When you take the lift up and then go down the long staircase outside, does the huge door at the bottom open from the other side in Belurat?

edit - there's a walkway on the other side of the door that looks like it leads to a balcony overlooking lion's arena. Now I want to get over there but no idea how.

edit2 - yes it does. There is an elevator from lion's arena that takes you to this door and you can open it, leading to a scadu fragment. I totally missed it after lion.

Last edited:
I fucking hate the tree fight. My stupid fucking Mimic just stands there while I get pelted with fucking thorns.
Also why is this crap 3 phases?

Back