elbow joint issue

ceostar

White Belt
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to post this but ill try anyway. i was training the other day musta twisted my arm or pulled it a bad way cause im getting alot of pain in my elbow/ tricep area. what im wondering is if it could be joints from maybe moving a way its not used to moving or worse something more serious. any ideas on how to rehab it with out having to stop training/lifting all together. any suggestions would be very helpful thanks guys.. :icon_cry2

well first off i would let that recover. Give it a couple of days and if it isn't feeling better go to your doctor to have it checked out. I am guessing you over extended your arm or i hope lol. What did you do that day?

was working on takedowns mainly... i dident even roll due to an on going ankle issue so it had to be from the takedowns musta turned it a wrong way... it really started acting up when i went to the gym this morning to work out so i cut that short came home and iced it and now its wrapped.. should i continue to ice it and keep it wrapped?

ceostar said:
it really started acting up when i went to the gym this morning to work out so i cut that short came home
I can relate. I hyper-extended my arm two weeks ago. Yesterday I tried lifting again, it hurt so bad I couldn't do anything. I'll give it till the end of the week and then see a doctor. I would rest it if I were you and then seek a doctor.

Make sure that it is not tendonitis in your elbow. I got it from trying to do too many things all at once, BJJ, lifting heavy. etc. I just overworked the tendons and they became inflamed. If it is then you need to ice it and give them some time off.

Wolverine
///

thanks guys for the advice last question, what is better for it iceing it and wrappig it or soaking it in very warm water? always get confused when it comes to the cold/heat methods.

A friend of mine has this happen whenever he does anything that forces his arm to straighten completely while he is using his muscles to resist. He had to stop deadlifting because of it.

Back