Edwin Valero Wins, 24-0 24 KOs

Valero has recently said a move up to 135 is in the works.

Wouldnt be surprised, but I was under the impression that that was for the Pac fight. Could be hes moving up in hopes of a future showdown? I also recall him saying he would be really excited to fight Nate Campbell, so we'll see.
Either way a technically polished Valero is scary whatever weight he fights at. I hadnt heard that about the new trainer.

Skills? He fights like a caveman battering anything in front of him, Pacquiao has underrated head movement and body weaving that would make Valero's defense look retarded, ironically enough, as someone mentioned here earlier the competition in Asia is three steps behind from the US, I just cant imagine him having that awesome record if he were fighting in the US.

Early Valero had a lot of skills. I guess since he had that streak of 1st round KO's his handlers thought it'd be best for him to keep it going for the attention and he stopped being patient and decided to go balls out. IDK if you have seen the videos of he and a prime Erik Morales sparring. He had to stop because he almost knocked down Morales.

Valero's a good fighter, but he's an all out fighter.....and a smart, skilled boxer would win against Valero imo

Valero was really just single shotting for the majority of this one. That's what allowed Shimada to duck under and clinch right away after pretty much every Valero haymaker.

I thought it was the last shot Valero landed where Shimada was either down on a knee or really deeply crouching that ended it, for a while I thought Shimada could hang on.

Hozumi Hasegawa did a much better job disposing of an overmatched opponent in the main event, using his jab, and setting up his left, although his opponent showed much worse head and body movement than Shimada.

Marquez has decided to move up to take on Casamayor. He is still chasing pacquiao and is bent on following him to the ends of the earth.
Styles make fight and so does the fighters. For me, there's no greater rivalry in our era than these two. I would watch Pacman and Marquez fight if they were both 80 years old.

The nice part is by that time I'd be in diapers and wouldn't have to miss a thing :icon_lol:

Styles make fight and so does the fighters. For me, there's no greater rivalry in our era than these two. I would watch Pacman and Marquez fight if they were both 80 years old.

The nice part is by that time I'd be in diapers and wouldn't have to miss a thing :icon_lol:

I personally do not want to see them fight again. But there does need to be a conclusion to all this. A third to end it all. Then we can call it a day and both of them can get on with their careers.

I personally do not want to see them fight again. But there does need to be a conclusion to all this. A third to end it all. Then we can call it a day and both of them can get on with their careers.
Why's that? Too much leather will wear them out before their time? Yeah, that would suck for everybody. Bah!

Valero was really just single shotting for the majority of this one. That's what allowed Shimada to duck under and clinch right away after pretty much every Valero haymaker.

I thought it was the last shot Valero landed where Shimada was either down on a knee or really deeply crouching that ended it, for a while I thought Shimada could hang on.

Hozumi Hasegawa did a much better job disposing of an overmatched opponent in the main event, using his jab, and setting up his left, although his opponent showed much worse head and body movement than Shimada.

Hasegawa is a much better fighter than Valero.

Hasegawa is a much better fighter than Valero.

Yeah? Well he fights in Japan, and has no punch, and nobody cares. Except for Abner Mares, who is on his way.
Come on people Valero hasnt been beaten or even taken the distance yet, whom is to say who is better.

Yeah? Well he fights in Japan, and has no punch, and nobody cares. Except for Abner Mares, who is on his way.
Come on people Valero hasnt been beaten or even taken the distance yet, whom is to say who is better.

Valero fights in Japan.....the dudes have the same management.

The presence of power, hype, and an unbeaten record doesn't automatically make you a better fighter. Valero isn't a Victor Oganov, but Hasegawa is probably the top BW in the world and at the moment is unquestionably a better fighter than Valero.

Valero fights in Japan.....the dudes have the same management.

The presence of power, hype, and an unbeaten record doesn't automatically make you a better fighter.

Did I say it made him a better fighter? All I was saying is there is a reason people are more interested. And Valero could very well turn out to be better, we havent seen where the ceiling is on him yet.

Did I say it made him a better fighter? All I was saying is there is a reason people are more interested. And Valero could very well turn out to be better, we havent seen where the ceiling is on him yet.

Fair enough. My point was the things that generally get people interested and excited about fighters and the things that actually make for a better fighter are two very different things.

I really like Valero, but to gloss over his weaknesses just because he hasn't lost yet and has a lot of potential doesn't seem right.

Fair enough. My point was the things that generally get people interested and excited about fighters and the things that actually make for a better fighter are two very different things.

I really like Valero, but to gloss over his weaknesses just because he hasn't lost yet and has a lot of potential doesn't seem right.

True. Theres a reason Winky Wright never got the huge fan base he deserved, there is a reason nobody seems to like Paulie Maignaggi, and nobody cares about Ivan Calderon.
And true Valero has shown an over aggressive style and lack of defense. Ive also read that he actually has excellent technique that he hasnt displayed in recent fights, due to coaches and his own hype.
My point is that I am interested, and it has a lot to do with the fact this kid KTFO of people, and even his biggest critics are going to be very excited when he is truly tested. And shit the whole head injury thing just makes him that much more interesting.

True. Theres a reason Winky Wright never got the huge fan base he deserved, there is a reason nobody seems to like Paulie Maignaggi, and nobody cares about Ivan Calderon.
And true Valero has shown an over aggressive style and lack of defense. Ive also read that he actually has excellent technique that he hasnt displayed in recent fights, due to coaches and his own hype.
My point is that I am interested, and it has a lot to do with the fact this kid KTFO of people, and even his biggest critics are going to be very excited when he is truly tested. And shit the whole head injury thing just makes him that much more interesting.

Yeah, I agree. Also excellent point about Iron Boy, I think he has P4P level talent, it's just a shame he was born into a pint-sized body and can't capitalize on it to the full monetary extent.

Hasegawa's fights aren't boring. Not ever. Besides, its also obvious that he CAN punch. You don't turn the greatest bantamweight of the past 20 years into goo if you can't punch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back