Edwin Valero Wins, 24-0 24 KOs

XiaolinSoldier

Black Belt
Reaction score
WBA 130 pound Champion Edwin Valero took his 24th victory and 24th KO today against Yakehiro Shimada, who came into the bout 22-3 with 15 KOs. Shimada was riding a 7 year, 14 fight unbeaten streak and had never been KOed. Valero dominated the fight until the seventh round when he finished off is Japanese opponent with a left straight-right hook combo.
:icon_chee Valero is awesome, love this guy and cant wait to see him finally fight in the states. Texas recently approved him to fight, hopefully that starts a trend.

I hope his brain and Joe Mesi's decide to cooperate in the long term.

I hope his brain and Joe Mesi's decide to cooperate in the long term.

LOL yeah when I first heard about his condition I was like, "shit I hope he doesnt die". But I mean if he really got cleared in Texas Im sure hes all healed up.
Guy is as exciting a fighter and hard a puncher as they come, I cant wait for to see what the future has in store for him.

The future???

Manny Pacquiao standing over his corpse.

The future???

Manny Pacquiao standing over his corpse.

Yeah I was worried about how is noggin would hold up to a Pacman beatdown.
Pretty sure that fight was called off, but either way Valero is gonna be exciting every time out.

WBA 130 pound Champion Edwin Valero took his 24th victory and 24th KO today against Yakehiro Shimada, who came into the bout 22-3 with 15 KOs. Shimada was riding a 7 year, 14 fight unbeaten streak and had never been KOed. Valero dominated the fight until the seventh round when he finished off is Japanese opponent with a left straight-right hook combo.
:icon_chee Valero is awesome, love this guy and cant wait to see him finally fight in the states. Texas recently approved him to fight, hopefully that starts a trend.
I mentioned this guy in another thread pertaining to the high number of deaths that occur in boxing. I see him coming to the US and getting killed. The competition in asia is not nearly as tough as in the US and mismatches are a common thing. They don't have strict medical examinations either. I've seen his fights. Sure he hits hard for a 130 pounder but he gets hit a lot too. He has killer instincts and no defense. He'll be lucky to survive to fight Pacman; then get killed.

c'mon give him any decent mexican fighter and he'll be trounced. he shouldnt be in the same breathe as pacman. shit i just did.

You guys over rate Pacman too much. Valero has some serious skills, sure he hasnt used them recently but he has them. As far as his medical condition goes, its the same condition that Barrerahas and he's fine.

If we assume his skull does hold up, Im thinking hes not really being given enough credit here.
24 KOs isnt an easy thing, and its not like hes never been in with a live body.

If we assume his skull does hold up, Im thinking hes not really being given enough credit here.
24 KOs isnt an easy thing, and its not like hes never been in with a live body.

Remains to be seen. That's all I am going to say. He does get hit often so I wouldn't rule out Pacquiao pounding him. But then again, he might really step up to plate. Who knows. I have a feeling the fight will never happen though.

KENNY ADAMS is working w/him and after seeing what kenny's last guy did to powell; i have to think that valero is gonna really come in looking sharper and sharper in his next 2 fights.

edwin had all the ability but had begun to lean solely on it, which cost him when he faced a guy of legit skill exp and pedigree; if adams can get him to put back together his tech its gonna be trouble for everyone, he is still on his way up physically and has a wealth of experience in regards to fights.

I am happy Valero will get more exposure to the states. If he started his career here, it would have already taken off and a fight with Pacquiao would have already happened.

Pac is in the 135 division now and I don't see him going down to 130 anymore (unless the $$$ is right). Valero would have to come up. Hell, there are other JLW that he can fight - Marquez or Guzman.

Pac is in the 135 division now and I don't see him going down to 130 anymore (unless the $$$ is right). Valero would have to come up. Hell, there are other JLW that he can fight - Marquez or Guzman.

Marquez has decided to move up to take on Casamayor. He is still chasing pacquiao and is bent on following him to the ends of the earth.

Guzman... I thought he was planning to move up as well. Can't confirm that.

That Japanese dude should have got dq'ed or at least points taken away for holding. The holding is the only reason it lasted so long. He was leading off with a clinch.

You guys over rate Pacman too much. Valero has some serious skills, sure he hasnt used them recently but he has them. As far as his medical condition goes, its the same condition that Barrerahas and he's fine.

Skills? He fights like a caveman battering anything in front of him, Pacquiao has underrated head movement and body weaving that would make Valero's defense look retarded, ironically enough, as someone mentioned here earlier the competition in Asia is three steps behind from the US, I just cant imagine him having that awesome record if he were fighting in the US.

Skills? He fights like a caveman battering anything in front of him, Pacquiao has underrated head movement and body weaving that would make Valero's defense look retarded, ironically enough, as someone mentioned here earlier the competition in Asia is three steps behind from the US, I just cant imagine him having that awesome record if he were fighting in the US.

valero has skills, he just got away from it when he lefft the us; he more or less trained himself and got by on conditioning from sparrin/drilling and natural talent, when he was at golden boy he was considered a craftsman and boxing virtuoso given his combo of skills/phys ability.

he is back now and workin w/kenny adams, which should really polish his game back up; watch lattimore v powell and see how he can really dev a fighter.

valero has all the ability heart durability and skill; he just needs to refocus on rediscovering them

Valero has recently said a move up to 135 is in the works.

Back