Edson Barboza's chin

Any punch can rock anyone for god sake. Look at the gif's below...which one looks like the harder punch?

tumblr_n2j8ebsh701qaa8d1o7_250.gif

diazlawler.gif

Ofcourse Hendricks hits harder but the shot Lawler took from Diaz he didn't see coming... just like this jab

Jab-Donald-Cerrone-vs-Edson-Barboza.gif

Hard to argue when you put it that way.

He just needs to take some time off from sparring, and let his brain recover. Give your brain time to properly recover and you'll be able to absorb head shot better! Way to many fighter don't give themselves that time!

Sanchez has been rocked/dropped in 4 of his last 5 fights and has been soundly outstruck in each. Considering all the punishment he's subjected himself to it's not surprising that Diego got dropped by Pearson. Barboza had been wobbled by Njokuani (I believe) but up to that point hadn't been in huge trouble like the Varner fight.

I don't think Barboza has a glass chin. His chin is just average but he tends to eat unfortunate shots. A lot like Bisping actually.

Sanchez has been rocked/dropped in 4 of his last 5 fights and has been soundly outstruck in each. Considering all the punishment he's subjected himself to it's not surprising that Diego got dropped by Pearson. Barboza had been wobbled by Njokuani (I believe) but up to that point hadn't been in huge trouble like the Varner fight.

I don't think Barboza has a glass chin. His chin is just average but he tends to eat unfortunate shots. A lot like Bisping actually.

He was never rocked by Njokuani but I see your point.

Having a good chin has a lot to do with anticipating getting hit. My criticism with Barboza is that he is too intensely focused on offense. He's not like an Aldo, or to a lesser extent, Ross Pearson, who base their offense on countering and avoiding getting hit. Barboza is tense energy just throwing everything without care of what his opponent is doing. This was actually the same exact problem the boxer Shane Mosley had. You are either on offense or defense, and have never really learned a style that incorporates both simultaneously.

Having a good chin has a lot to do with anticipating getting hit. My criticism with Barboza is that he is too intensely focused on offense. He's not like an Aldo, or to a lesser extent, Ross Pearson, who base their offense on countering and avoiding getting hit. Barboza is tense energy just throwing everything without care of what his opponent is doing. This was actually the same exact problem the boxer Shane Mosley had. You are either on offense or defense, and have never really learned a style that incorporates both simultaneously.

I can see what your saying. It's funny before Barao fought Dillashaw jack slack released an article with gifs included where he says Barboza's striking is Barao's to a tee. He said both of there problems lie with defense but Barao just haden't been exposed yet.

Back