Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker Set For UFC on FOX Milwaukee

Who Wins?

• Edson Barboza

• Dan Hooker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Barboza by 1st round clean KO.

I like Hooker, but unless he imposes a wrestling-pressure gameplan on Barboza he will lose in the striking exchanges.

Barboza had a hard tim with Dariush up until the KO, Hooker is alot more technical than Dariush and better defensively, I don;t think Edson will be able to stand up to the pressure Dan will put on him.

Just book Vick vs Hernandez now and the two rising talents of LW can both prove themselves.
Vick and Felder have agreed to fight. Not sure if it is official.

great fight also looks like they're using Barboza as a gatekeeper now

While Dan has been on a tear, I tend to Favor Barboza in this one. Dan isn't going to have the size advantage like he did against Miller. That is going to make those high knees harder to land. Edson is a much better striker then anyone Dan has ever faced. Dan does have momentum on his side though.

This is a pretty weird fight. Barboza is gonna win this though. The Hangman ain't ready yet.

I really wanted Hooker vs Taisumov

Love barboza but he doesnt look like the same fighter after the Khabib fight.

While Dan has been on a tear, I tend to Favor Barboza in this one. Dan isn't going to have the size advantage like he did against Miller. That is going to make those high knees harder to land. Edson is a much better striker then anyone Dan has ever faced. Dan does have momentum on his side though.
True. Anything could happen.

That said, dan has struggled against the last two kickers he faced (Diakasi and Yair).

He’s also lanky and not one to fight on the inside/pressure.

Barboza had a hard tim with Dariush up until the KO, Hooker is alot more technical than Dariush and better defensively, I don;t think Edson will be able to stand up to the pressure Dan will put on him.
I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into his performance against Beneil. This is well documented. Brendan Schaub said the team asked for a pain killer shot the week of the fight and were denied.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/barboza-nearly-fought-dariush-with-one-arm.3637093/

If hook can take the headkick then he destroys barboza. All comes down to his chin

Poll result is very surprising to me.
Barboza should be the favorite. Hooker usually fights from the outside and that's where Barboza lays people to waste.

Its a sick fight, I've been expecting Hooker's run to end soon and this is probably the fight that does it.

Burns = BJJ guy convinced he can crack.
J MIller - washed up grappler about 3ft shorter.
Diakiese - over-rated, one dimensional Brit striker with no ground game.
Pearson - say no fucking more. Feels like he hasn't won a fight since the TUF 9 finale.

Barboza murks him. 2nd round, TKO.

Back