Edgar and Faber were supposed to coach TUF against each other

efalk1322

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Faber just revealed this on the MMA Hour. He said they were gonna do TUF and were gonna fight but the UFC changed it to BJ. What moron changed that? Was there anyone who actually wanted to see Frankie-BJ III???

Also said he would love to do the fight, but would want one fight before that to get a bit bigger. Get it done Dana.

EDIT: Actually just said he would be down to fight Edgar in Jersey on the Fox show in April.

Faber's at that point where he can realistically start bouncing around between BW and FW and it won't affect him cause he's not getting a title shot in either division anyways.

Wow... Edgar v. Faber would have been awesome

It'll never happen just because it's a fight most people would love to see.

Faber's at that point where he can realistically start bouncing around between BW and FW and it won't affect him cause he's not getting a title shot in either division anyways.

He said he's only gonna do so many fights at BW. Feels like he's gonna die when he cuts down to 135. I wanna see him go back up, there will be plenty of fresh fights.

what he talked about the eyepoke?

and fuck TUF

He said he's only gonna do so many fights at BW. Feels like he's gonna die when he cuts down to 135. I wanna see him go back up, there will be plenty of fresh fights.

i kind of always thought lots of the shorter guys like to carry extra muscle. not for benefits in fighting but more because of the complex their height gives them. faber could probably do better with less bulk

Please let this fight happen please. This April in Jersey would be great.

Dana talked about this back when they announced Frankie and BJ would coach TUF. Faber wouldn't commit to going up to 145 for the fight. He wanted a 140 lbs. catchweight.

frankie beats faber handily at this point imo. Rather see frankie keep working towards another title shot.

this is old news. the reason it didnt happen is b/c edgar didnt wanna cut to 135, faber didnt wanna go up to 145 and the ufc doesnt like catch weights. then penn wanted to fight edgar again and that was booked for 145.

sounds like an awesome fight, but i'll take edgar all day

In the season known as "Who can say the word bro the most in a single day"

Well, it's lose-lose situation for either of them, but an awesome fight for sure!

Not a McGregor fan, but I'd love to see how him vs Faber would go

that's cause bj wanted to fight edgar 1 last time

Well I hope they do make that fight. Would be way too down

From the rumours I've been seeing over the last while, this is a fight that the UFC are actively seeking to make. I hope it happens on that New Jersey card.

Back