Eddie Bravo

stupid question but is he really gay or are people just talking shit on him. If so I'm gonna tell my friends that "one of theirs" is kicking ass.

I train with him. Fuck no he isn't gay, Fuck yes he is all he's cracked up to be...

he is pretty much above average, but not all that good from what I saw so far (witch was'nt much). I think guys he does'nt get close to the top brazillian guys, even though he beat royler fair and square, I belive royler would'nt lose a 2nd time

He has a very unique personality that is shown through the way he teaches and some of the moves he creates. He beat Royler. People forget that he didn't beat him on points, he submitted him. I am a fan.

PS: He is also one of the few fighters/grapplers that posts here anymore.

his jiu jitsu is really good and he's innovative (exactly how much is up for debate), he is not, however, on of the top dogs on the pro sport grappling circuit. he tapped royler with his bread and butter shit, so you can't say it was lucky, but i dont know if he would do it again...too bad we didnt get to see at adcc this past year.

spiderguardman said:
he is good, but tapping royler is basiclly his only credential,

If I'm not mistaken, Royler had never even lost a point in a single ADCC match before his match with Bravo. Royer is easilly one of the most dominant figures in sport grappling, he has been practicing his entire life, where Bravo was a brown belt when they met.

Even if that is his only credential, that is enough to prove how good he is.

Royler is one of the MOST dominant guys in ADCC...if you dont belive in how good he is buy his DVD..the guy has evolved grappling and BJJ ALOT

he isnt that good of a competitive grappler but when it comes to developing and inventing new techniques he is a mastermind

this is the same with many of the blackbelts who dont compete at all but they are constantly developing new stuff

people say the only thing he has done is tapped royler. The guys has been a building block for the sport, creating new techniques and new ways of implying old ones. He is good at what he does and besides that he is a house hold name... No one who is into grappling doesnt know who eddie bravo is.... The simple fact that we are all talking about him shows he is more than something in the grappling community.

Gsoares2 said:
people say the only thing he has done is tapped royler. The guys has been a building block for the sport, creating new techniques and new ways of implying old ones. He is good at what he does and besides that he is a house hold name... No one who is into grappling doesnt know who eddie bravo is.... The simple fact that we are all talking about him shows he is more than something in the grappling community.
He tapped Royler and won 1 (!) Grappler's Quest, that's it! Royler had been tapped before (and don't give me that "the only american", cause eventually we will head to "the only guy from [enter city] to tap a Gracie") and one day somebody would have tapped him (he's not God!). Watch the fight, Royler was all over him, passing at will his guard or better watch his fight with Leo (who really smoked him). Eddie pulled a nice triangle (I was more impressed by the way he finished it, not by the setup, cause he blocked all Royler's attempts to get out of there). Than, he DIDN'T invent any new technique. They were all out there: the twister, the lockdown, the old school etc. He is not great, he is just good. He never won a Mundial or ADCC. For me he is not even a Top 20 in BJJ this moment (not talking about retired people). We've got guys like Roger, Jacare, Leo, Marcelo etc. that are the elite of grappling. Just think about Galvao's accomplishments at his age and then compare him to Eddie...

tudor_bjj said:
He tapped Royler and won 1 (!) Grappler's Quest, that's it! Royler had been tapped before (and don't give me that "the only american", cause eventually we will head to "the only guy from [enter city] to tap a Gracie") and one day somebody would have tapped him (he's not God!). Watch the fight, Royler was all over him, passing at will his guard or better watch his fight with Leo (who really smoked him). Eddie pulled a nice triangle (I was more impressed by the way he finished it, not by the setup, cause he blocked all Royler's attempts to get out of there). Than, he DIDN'T invent any new technique. They were all out there: the twister, the lockdown, the old school etc. He is not great, he is just good. He never won a Mundial or ADCC. For me he is not even a Top 20 in BJJ this moment (not talking about retired people). We've got guys like Roger, Jacare, Leo, Marcelo etc. that are the elite of grappling. Just think about Galvao's accomplishments at his age and then compare him to Eddie...

Royler is that you?

Wasn't the twister a wrestling move? What other moves has Bravo came up with besides that so called "Bravo created move". Excuse my ignorance. New to the Submisson wrestling scene outside of Japan.

I agree he has great techniques but on a competitive level I would say no. He knows not to enter the ADCC last year he woulda would not have made it to day 2

Back