Eddie Bravo

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by killer_kicks88, Oct 4, 2005.

1. killer_kicks88

killer_kicks88 Green Belt

is Eddie Bravo really all he's cracked up to be in no-gi?

2. Mirada

Mirada Brown Belt

Ask Royler.

3. ClampXVII

ClampXVII Bravado Muay Thai Trainer

stupid question but is he really gay or are people just talking shit on him. If so I'm gonna tell my friends that "one of theirs" is kicking ass.

4. The Sickness

The Sickness Ichizoku

Ridin' shotgun with Alexander Karelin in Fedor's b
    I train with him. Fuck no he isn't gay, Fuck yes he is all he's cracked up to be...

5. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

He knows his shit, no doubt about that

6. tudor_bjj

tudor_bjj Purple Belt

7. kimurense

kimurense Brown Belt

he is pretty much above average, but not all that good from what I saw so far (witch was'nt much). I think guys he does'nt get close to the top brazillian guys, even though he beat royler fair and square, I belive royler would'nt lose a 2nd time

8. b0b

b0b Banned Banned

He has a very unique personality that is shown through the way he teaches and some of the moves he creates. He beat Royler. People forget that he didn't beat him on points, he submitted him. I am a fan.

PS: He is also one of the few fighters/grapplers that posts here anymore.

9. spiderguardman

spiderguardman Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

he is good, but tapping royler is basiclly his only credential,

10. stephensharp

stephensharp Brown Belt

Hell of an accomplishment... People have made more of less.

11. colinm

colinm Brown Belt

his jiu jitsu is really good and he's innovative (exactly how much is up for debate), he is not, however, on of the top dogs on the pro sport grappling circuit. he tapped royler with his bread and butter shit, so you can't say it was lucky, but i dont know if he would do it again...too bad we didnt get to see at adcc this past year.

12. rsayers

rsayers White Belt

If I'm not mistaken, Royler had never even lost a point in a single ADCC match before his match with Bravo. Royer is easilly one of the most dominant figures in sport grappling, he has been practicing his entire life, where Bravo was a brown belt when they met.

Even if that is his only credential, that is enough to prove how good he is.

13. TapDG

TapDG Guest

Royler is one of the MOST dominant guys in ADCC...if you dont belive in how good he is buy his DVD..the guy has evolved grappling and BJJ ALOT

14. minimagpro

minimagpro Purple Belt

he isnt that good of a competitive grappler but when it comes to developing and inventing new techniques he is a mastermind

this is the same with many of the blackbelts who dont compete at all but they are constantly developing new stuff

15. Gsoares2***

Gsoares2*** Banned Banned

people say the only thing he has done is tapped royler. The guys has been a building block for the sport, creating new techniques and new ways of implying old ones. He is good at what he does and besides that he is a house hold name... No one who is into grappling doesnt know who eddie bravo is.... The simple fact that we are all talking about him shows he is more than something in the grappling community.

16. tudor_bjj

tudor_bjj Purple Belt

He tapped Royler and won 1 (!) Grappler's Quest, that's it! Royler had been tapped before (and don't give me that "the only american", cause eventually we will head to "the only guy from [enter city] to tap a Gracie") and one day somebody would have tapped him (he's not God!). Watch the fight, Royler was all over him, passing at will his guard or better watch his fight with Leo (who really smoked him). Eddie pulled a nice triangle (I was more impressed by the way he finished it, not by the setup, cause he blocked all Royler's attempts to get out of there). Than, he DIDN'T invent any new technique. They were all out there: the twister, the lockdown, the old school etc. He is not great, he is just good. He never won a Mundial or ADCC. For me he is not even a Top 20 in BJJ this moment (not talking about retired people). We've got guys like Roger, Jacare, Leo, Marcelo etc. that are the elite of grappling. Just think about Galvao's accomplishments at his age and then compare him to Eddie...

17. TapDG

TapDG Guest

Royler is that you?

18. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Orange Belt

19. Masakatsu Funaki #1

Masakatsu Funaki #1 Black Belt

Wasn't the twister a wrestling move? What other moves has Bravo came up with besides that so called "Bravo created move". Excuse my ignorance. New to the Submisson wrestling scene outside of Japan.

20. Enron Exec.

Enron Exec. Guest

I agree he has great techniques but on a competitive level I would say no. He knows not to enter the ADCC last year he woulda would not have made it to day 2