Eddie Bravo

whtever hte case is eddie has a very unique style of grappling and teaching. i like that he names his positions and moves. BJJ has a real problem in that it has very few names for positions and moves.
eddie's book is pretty damn interesting and a goo buy for the $$$

Who said he was the best ever? no one... but he is good.. better than any of the people on here saying he is no good.

Or do we have any adcc veterans here.. who have beaten a world champion?

if u want a list of the techniques that he has come up with, open up his new book and....... yea

Eddie IS all he's cracked up to be. you guys who are saying "tapping royler is his only accomplishment " are idiots. thats enough in my book.

royler was not only undefeated, but never had a point scored on him in ADCC. The man is damn good and def a top brazilian bjj player. Even rickson said royler is on the same level as himself when it comes to technique.

thats like an up and comming HW fighter ko'ing fedor in the first round with a perfectly executed combination... then people just saying "oh that's his only accomplishment"

eddie not only beat royler but he finished royler perfectly.

the man is mos def the shit.... he is a jean jacque bb, afterall.

You guys also seem to be forgetting that he won the American trials just to get into the ADCC tourny. Its not like he was just invited. So that alone means he is pretty elite. Then tapping Royler Id say hes pretty fucking good. Now im just waiting to see who he rolls with next to see how he does.

migo said:
Who else in Royler's weight class has tapped him?

somebody please correct me if im wrong but I think nobody in roylers weight class has tapped him. Roylers only been tapped like 3 times in his life and 1 was to a much heavier mario sperry, 1 to eddie and another to I dunno. and even crazier was how nobody even scored a damn point on royler in ADCC.

FightMonkey.com said:
You guys also seem to be forgetting that he won the American trials just to get into the ADCC tourny. Its not like he was just invited. So that alone means he is pretty elite. Then tapping Royler AND getting 2nd place in the tourny. Id say hes pretty fucking good. Now im just waiting to see who he rolls with next to see how he does.

yes and not only did he win the trials but he got most technical fighter of the night. the guy is elite for sure and one of the best grapplers in the world for his weight.

FightMonkey.com said:
You guys also seem to be forgetting that he won the American trials just to get into the ADCC tourny. Its not like he was just invited. So that alone means he is pretty elite. Then tapping Royler AND getting 2nd place in the tourny. Id say hes pretty fucking good. Now im just waiting to see who he rolls with next to see how he does.
I have the dvd, and I did'nt get the impression that he made it to 2nd place. not that I am trying to take anything away here, I do think he is skilfull just not as top notch has most of you claim he is. his guard is quite good, and his elasticity is out of this world

FightMonkey.com said:
Eddie lost to Leo Viera in the semis and then to Soca in the 3rd place match. Do you compare the american competitors (ADCC trials) to the brazilians? You must kiddin' me... We hace different views about what elite means. If Eddie is elite then what are Saulo, Roger, Busta, Shaolin, Schembri, BJ? Gods? If they are gods, then what is Rickson? :wink:

Gsoares2 said:
people say the only thing he has done is tapped royler. The guys has been a building block for the sport, creating new techniques and new ways of implying old ones. He is good at what he does and besides that he is a house hold name... No one who is into grappling doesnt know who eddie bravo is.... The simple fact that we are all talking about him shows he is more than something in the grappling community.

On his bio on his web site the only thing he has listed is his win over Royler, so it seems like he believes that his only accomplishment. That being said, my only accomplishment is being this damn good looking. :( :wink:

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Wasn't the twister a wrestling move? What other moves has Bravo came up with besides that so called "Bravo created move". Excuse my ignorance. New to the Submisson wrestling scene outside of Japan.

The Electric Chair, The Meathook, London. If these names don't mean anything to you, then come down to 10th planet or buy the book...

never heard of these names! I can't be bothered to buy the book (much less going to 10th planet :) ) but is there any website with any demonstrations of these techniques? I would like to see how creative he is actually. I'm curiouse

tudor_bjj said:
Eddie lost to Leo Viera in the semis and then to Soca in the 3rd place match. Do you compare the american competitors (ADCC trials) to the brazilians? You must kiddin' me... We hace different views about what elite means. If Eddie is elite then what are Saulo, Roger, Busta, Shaolin, Schembri, BJ? Gods? If they are gods, then what is Rickson? :wink:

Rickson doesn

tudor_bjj said:

How many ADCCs has Rickson won?

The same amount Eddie Bravo has won.

I think only Eddie, Sak and Sperry have tapped Royler.

Bravo is an innovative black belt who focuses on no gi. He is the not the best in the world right now at his weight (Leo Viera has that title) however he is very good.

Back