Eddie Bravo vs Parrumpinha . When?

Soid said:
Say what? No one was disrespecting him at all. But facing Perrumpinha, he would get slaughtered. I respect him cause he's good, not cause he "invents" techniques.

well he was hatin on him for no good reason. and not to say he'd surely win, but if he could tap out royler, isnt it possible he could beat perrumpinha?

and are u being sarcastic w/ that? he has come up w/ new techniques and improved upon old ones. no im not talking about the twister , cuz that was a wrestling technique he translated to bjj. im talking about things like london, electric chair, meathook.

Foppa21 said:
From memory it wasn't close. Leo was well ahead on points. From memory Leo recognised a weakness in Eddie's game and exploited it to hell and back.

minimagpro said:
leo vera whipped his ass all over the place... i have the highlight video if u wanna see it

C'mon, people! Doesn't this: :D , look like "ironic"?
The weakness that you are talking is Eddie's left side guard passing defense and same side half-guard game. And he escaped an arm-triangle that almost blew the eyes out of his sockets.

tudor_bjj said:
What 2nd place? He lost in the semis against Leo, if you are talking about ADCC. It was close, but he lost. I think it was an advantage or something... :D
My bad third place.

I saw the fight, leo worked him.

sakufan said:
hard to believe huh? he got his ass handed to him by a traditional BJJ player.

actually no.

I dont understand all you guys. Why are you guy's bustin a nut that he got beat by a gi player? Eddie has never claimed he is better than every gi player or that he is unbeatable. Ya'll are so busy gettin off about his loss to a gi player, you fail to mention that he also beat one of the best gi players. So quit acting like he's a bitch or something.

you guys should honestly be ashamed of yourselves. it's obvious you are hating on the guy because he doesnt like the gi. IMO that's fucking lame and ya'll are actin like a bunch of bitches "boohoo he doesnt like the same thing I like, he's stupid!!!!" . He is entitled to his opinion on the gi just like you are. He trained with the gi for a long time so it's not as if he came to his opinion out of ignorance.

he is one of the only famous grapplers who post here anymore so instead of all you idiots bashing him, how about you show some respect. He is a JJ machado black belt who is an innovator for this art and for those reasons alone he deservers you're respect.

Not to mention all his previous accomplishments were all as a brown belt. So I dont know where you guy's get off that he was beat by leo seeing as how he didnt even have his black yet and has yet to compete as a black belt.

Dont be mad because he has his own view on the gi and does well with it. At least he has the balls to be straight up about it.

when eddie competes, ill be rootin for him...win or lose. He's a cool guy and a great grappler with his own mind, that's enough for me. Fuck all you haters

Damn good post. Ill be rootin for Bravo as well, he has a great guard game.

im uploading on yousendit right now...... its not very long, just like a 30 second clip but its enough.

i have the whole fight on dvd though so i know exactly what happened and eddie lost.

i respect eddie bravo and I know that he has had some good accomplishments but he still isnt even close to the level of todays top bjj competitors. I wouldnt even put him in the top 20.

He has invented so many techniques and they are all great but the problem is, most of his stuff only works for him. Its like telles' turtle guard, it works best for him, not everyone else. One point that kind of made me mad was in his new book, he states that he invented all of the techniques and sweeps when I know that his sweep "Old School" has been around for about 20 years but that was probably just an editor's error so im not blaming him but the idiot who typed the book.

heres the link, its the last fight

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33EP26V25CMJM2PJ37WW859E2N

FutureBxer said:
actually no.

I dont understand all you guys. Why are you guy's bustin a nut that he got beat by a gi player? Eddie has never claimed he is better than every gi player or that he is unbeatable. Ya'll are so busy gettin off about his loss to a gi player, you fail to mention that he also beat one of the best gi players. So quit acting like he's a bitch or something.

you guys should honestly be ashamed of yourselves. it's obvious you are hating on the guy because he doesnt like the gi. IMO that's fucking lame and ya'll are actin like a bunch of bitches "boohoo he doesnt like the same thing I like, he's stupid!!!!" . He is entitled to his opinion on the gi just like you are. He trained with the gi for a long time so it's not as if he came to his opinion out of ignorance.

he is one of the only famous grapplers who post here anymore so instead of all you idiots bashing him, how about you show some respect. He is a JJ machado black belt who is an innovator for this art and for those reasons alone he deservers you're respect.

Not to mention all his previous accomplishments were all as a brown belt. So I dont know where you guy's get off that he was beat by leo seeing as how he didnt even have his black yet and has yet to compete as a black belt.

Dont be mad because he has his own view on the gi and does well with it. At least he has the balls to be straight up about it.

when eddie competes, ill be rootin for him...win or lose. He's a cool guy and a great grappler
with his own mind, that's enough for me. Fuck all you haters

Eddie talks like he beat a gi player that was great on the regular. 9 out of 10 times Royler would beat him.. he caught him once . But because he beat royler once his name is on the map. When he can continously perform at that level then i will have more respect for him. But right now alls he does is talk bad about the gi and than continue to lose to guys who train with it.....Because once upon a time he beat a guy who wears the gi.

If you say he isnt out there dogging people who wear the gi than you havent watched the video on his site. http://www.thetwister.tv/10PJJ.htm
With Joe Rogan as his spokes man talking eddie up like he is the baddest ever.. give me a fucking break. Rogan is new to the sport, and he is the spokes person!?! claiming what is best.. Good idea to have a rookie telling you what works and what doesnt.
All this time i thought i was training with a black belt because they were more experienced.. from now on.. Joe Rogan caliber trainers ONLY.

I wouldnt mind if he was like "look i got something new to bring to the table, if you like it cool, if not thats fine to" instead of "Sport jiujitsu is pathetic, my jiujitsu is better". I never said he didnt bring anything new to the game, but that doesnt mean you just forget everything else that the game is based on.
He is spitting on the plate he ate from... JJ is a gi player, and taught him. Now he is going to go and say that sport bjj is pathetic? ITS WHERE HE CAME FROM! Isnt the saying "dont bite the hand the feeds you"?
Labeling an entire sport pathetic is much different than saying.. "I like no-gi better, and thats what i concentrate most on now"

He is cocky and has no right to be... he is disrespectful to the gi game, when all the gi players are still able to beat him..its just not logical..doesnt make any sense.
Its not like the gi players are beating him with the gi either.. The gi players are beating him at his "REVOLUTIONARY No-gi game"... So if anything is pathetic, its him.

The only topics Eddie post on are those about his book, techniques, or dvd's. He is here to plug his products and style so that people like you will buy them. Its about the $. You know Eddie's name! He doesnt know yours!

You think eddie bravo really gives a shit what we think? So why should we give a shit what he thinks... we dont.

FutureBxer said:

How does the world looks from the heights of Eddie's balls? Nuthugger, give me a break with this "brown belt" crap! Because he was wearing a brown and JJ didn't awarded him (yet) the black meant he was a brown? Do you think you are now a brown, you beat Royler and then pop: you are a black? At that moment technically speaking Eddie was a black. The awarding of the black was a matter of accomplishments, not of skill level.

If he doesn't like the gi that's cool. But his continual bashing of it and always putting down people who train or compete with it is just annoying and not doing anything good for the BJJ game. "My school iz da best because we drill and we do only NO-GI, sport bjj sux lol rite rogan?"

Oh yeah and continuing off the other posters here, he did not event the old school. Watch the old ass half-guard tapes and you will most likely see the famed "revolutionary" old school sweep. It's just like catch wrestling or anything else that's old and not talked about much. Somebody decides to use it and acts like it's the best and that they started the shit.

Foppa21 said:
From memory it wasn't close. Leo was well ahead on points. From memory Leo recognised a weakness in Eddie's game and exploited it to hell and back.
I think he was being sarcastic, eddie lost 18 - 0 or something pretty close..

by the way I'm totally with Gsoares opinion, bravo talks to much, and talks waaaaaaay to much about himself and his achievments. he definetly is not that good. and finally people are understanding that. he is above the average, but not a top player, and none of his students are. most of the time I don't see where he gets all that ego! he won against a famous guy ONCE that was his big 15 minutes of fame that was it...

Gsoares2 said:
Eddie talks like he beat a gi player that was great on the regular. 9 out of 10 times Royler would beat him.. he caught him once . But because he beat royler once his name is on the map. When he can continously perform at that level then i will have more respect for him. But right now alls he does is talk bad about the gi and than continue to lose to guys who train with it.....Because once upon a time he beat a guy who wears the gi.

If you say he isnt out there dogging people who wear the gi than you havent watched the video on his site. http://www.thetwister.tv/10PJJ.htm
With Joe Rogan as his spokes man talking eddie up like he is the baddest ever.. give me a fucking break. Rogan is new to the sport, and he is the spokes person!?! claiming what is best.. Good idea to have a rookie telling you what works and what doesnt.
All this time i thought i was training with a black belt because they were more experienced.. from now on.. Joe Rogan caliber trainers ONLY.

I wouldnt mind if he was like "look i got something new to bring to the table, if you like it cool, if not thats fine to" instead of "Sport jiujitsu is pathetic, my jiujitsu is better". I never said he didnt bring anything new to the game, but that doesnt mean you just forget everything else that the game is based on.
He is spitting on the plate he ate from... JJ is a gi player, and taught him. Now he is going to go and say that sport bjj is pathetic? ITS WHERE HE CAME FROM! Isnt the saying "dont bite the hand the feeds you"?
Labeling an entire sport pathetic is much different than saying.. "I like no-gi better, and thats what i concentrate most on now"

He is cocky and has no right to be... he is disrespectful to the gi game, when all the gi players are still able to beat him..its just not logical..doesnt make any sense.
Its not like the gi players are beating him with the gi either.. The gi players are beating him at his "REVOLUTIONARY No-gi game"... So if anything is pathetic, its him.

The only topics Eddie post on are those about his book, techniques, or dvd's. He is here to plug his products and style so that people like you will buy them. Its about the $. You know Eddie's name! He doesnt know yours!

You think eddie bravo really gives a shit what we think? So why should we give a shit what he thinks... we dont.

Someone who actually trains and makes sense. Waiting for rebuttal from Future Boxer......

sakufan said:
Someone who actually trains and makes sense. Waiting for rebuttal from Future Boxer......
No, not Futureboxer again! :mad:

Back