• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eddie Alvarez rips Khabib Nurmagomedov for being "Fake Champ

Out of Eddie's 35 fights his highlights are his 2 wars with Chandler, his shocking tko of Dos Anjos, and giving Gaethje his first loss

Other than that, he has delivered some stinkers as well. Most notably stripping Poirier of a potential win by illegal knees then declining a rematch and making the fights with Giblert and Pettis incredibly boring that he barely won by split decision

As a guy I've always thought Eddie was cool but he's also said a lot of ridiculous things along the way

Anyway, let's see how Khabib does vs. Lee. More interested in that than it being Eddie

To be fair, why would he fight Khabib if he can fight Conor in a huge PPV event and make a shit load of money?

giphy.gif

No one would do that, obviously you take the Conor fight every time especially if you have a family to feed

But... if you're going to duck a guy for a hand picked opponent and that guy completely schools you, you don't get to talk shit to the guy you ducked

Iaquinta who was a last minute replacement even had a better stake claim to a title shot than Eddie when he got his. Eddie won two dry hump split decisions against Gilbert and Pettis that many thought he lost to get his title shot. Al was on a five fight win streak, and has already beaten Masvidal and Kevin Lee in his UFC career. The only reason he was #11 is because he was inactive. I think Al would beat Eddie too.

No one would do that, obviously you take the Conor fight every time especially if you have a family to feed

But... if you're going to duck a guy for a hand picked opponent and that guy completely schools you, you don't get to talk shit to the guy you ducked
Again, choosing to fight an opponent that will make you hundreds of thousands of dollars richer is not called ducking. It's called common sense.

Ducking would be to avoid a fight to go fight a weaker opponent that won't bring anything more.

Eddie's trying to "earn" a shitle tot by shit talking Khabib?

He's right isn't he? How is Khabib not a paper champ when he didn't beat the Champion, the Interim Champion, or even anyone in the top 10 to get the belt?

He's the definition of a paper champion.

Khabib was going to face Tony. Tony got injured.
Khabib agreed to fight Holloway. Max wasn't allowed to fight.
Khabib agreed to fight Conor. Conor threw a dolly at a bus.
Khabib would have fought Eddie. Eddie was 35 pounds over.
Khabib agreed to fight Al, who on paper is actually a decent stylistic matchup.

I'm not even a big fan of Khabib, but he could have easily decided to not fight anybody once Tony went down. A lot of people would turn down a fight against a dangerous opponent who offers a completely different style and skill set. Eddie needs to shut up and sign on for a rematch with Dustin to determine the number 1 contender after Tony.

And Eddie got beat up by non ranked LW, so STFU.
134_Conor_McGregor_vs_Eddie_Alvarez.0.0.jpg

Meh he is not wrong....khabib beat Edson and Al....thats a fucking joke to gain the title....i knows its not his fault...the way things have gone down...but by now means has he beaten anyone of note yet.

I do feel he beats most of thr top 10 however...

I just can't take Eddie serious now.. sorry but I can't, a deer in the headlights... no thank you sir you froze vs Cowboy and vs Conor it was embarrassing.

King of violence in the underground I don't care call yourself what ever the heck you want but stay away from that belt is my stance on it.

You don’t like someone anymore because they lost a fight?

Front runner much?

I got no problem with losing a fight or more, 0 problem that isn't my issue.

But the way he did it yes I do, can't operate in that level get that gold and act like a... the way he went out all Bambi like and performed no thank you I don't want to see anymore of that I'm good, cool with you if you have other opinions.

Eddie working hard for another gifted title shot. Rematch Poirier at least...

Khabib would give Edward an ass whopping. I never been impressed with Edward ever, he is sloppy and not great anywhere. I say Khabib dominates him. Would favor Khabib, Tony, Lee and Dustin to all beat him

Where was Eddie for 223? He has no upcoming opponent and hasn't fought in 4 months.
<209Bitch>

Khabib did in fact beat No. 11 to get the belt while Alvarez beat RDA, one of the most dominant LWs in recent times.

A fight between the two is intriguing but, as it stands, Alvarez' LW resume is better than Khabib's.
Ah, no. Khabib best RDA even worse than Eddie did. And he dominated everyone else too.

Said the man who choose a "easy" money fight (and had your ass kicked) instead ranked contenders... ;)

Eddie wants to fight khabib now lol. It's funny because the roles are reversed: at 205, it was Eddie who was the champ who refused to fight khabib.

Fight Khabib for 50k or fight Conor for a few million. Which would you do? What a stupid ass point, acting like he dodged Khabib.

Back