Eddie Alvarez out, Cerrone vs Bendo @ UFC Fight Night Boston

Would love to see someone on Sherdog (without looking) list the 17 guys Cerrone will have fought in a 4 year span.

AWESOME on Cowboy. Cerrone is a beast and there's no denying that. Still, he's already lost to Bendo. Not the best idea to fight on such short notice without a camp to prepare for him. Hope Cerrone can finish him.

Bendo is my boy, but will be rooting for Cowboy on this one. Despite how the fight ended the last time, Cerrone has no reservations and probably wants to redeem his loss at some point in time anyway. A good replacement for Alvarez.

Sucks that Alvarez got injured.

I still don't think Henderson won their 1st fight, but this would be a goodie.

Last edited:
Fun fight. Major credit to both guys. Really they should both have full camp to prepare for the other, but no matter who gets the w both are winners.

And cut eddie alvarez already. hes not cut out for the ufc so no point in prolonging this.

Cowboy is a god damn beast.

Still see no way he beats Pettis but man is he awesome!

I guess you can't take much damage if your opponent is too scared to fight you.

This is the type of win Cerrone needs if he is to demonstrate he is better than before. So this one is actually good for his pocketbook and title chances. Maybe if he wins, and Khabib still won't be ready, he can get the next shot after RDA.

If he wins... he leapfrogs injrued Nurmagamedov for next title shot easily.

Big Reward low risk situation

Taking on benson on 2 weeks notice and getting the W would be future legend in the MMA world.

Taking on Benson on 2 weeks notice and Losing wont effect him too much in the scheme of things

this is a positive career move

This is seriously insane. Cerrone fighting Benson in 2 weeks. What?

Cerrone wants an of the night bonus, he is a warrior. Third time is the charm, picking Cerrone. Wow

Fun fight. Major credit to both guys. Really they should both have full camp to prepare for the other, but no matter who gets the w both are winners.

And cut eddie alvarez already. hes not cut out for the ufc so no point in prolonging this.

how do you figure that?

alvarez might be on the backburner of his career, but hes only had one fight in the ufc against a game and rolling cowboy

Damn, less than two weeks notice. Please win Cowboy, I think Smooth will f*ck up your chances of getting a title shot :(, I hope he can do it. He has improved since WEC, but so has Smooth :(.

YESSS! Standing ovation for Cowboy, the man is a true warrior and is becoming legendary. He always brings it and has sick skills.

now, assuming that Alvarez isn't injured too badly, the UFC SHOULD go ahead and make the following: Gilbert Melendez v. Eddie Alvarez (winner fights Khabib Nurmagomedov. if Gil loses, have him fight Jury. if Eddie loses, have him fight Josh Thomson).

At this point, how could you not be a fan of Cowboy?! Not only do I love his fighting but his attitude of all or nothing is precisely the way I wish every fighter treated their career.

Post tournament era UFC, has anyone fought 2 top ten fighters in 2 weeks?

Wow! Yeah I just heard about this fight and came here. There must be a God!

War Cerrone!!

Back