Eddie Alvarez out, Cerrone vs Bendo @ UFC Fight Night Boston

I dont see how is this so crazy. The guy is in peak form, wasnt hurt, hes just finished a great camp by all reports. Benson is a standup guy and so is Cerrone so no special preparation is really needed. Also he doesnt watch other fighters videos so that is not an issue. And finally, it goes both way, Benson also had no time to prepare for him. So I dont see it as anything that special or crazy at all.
Im only surprised how all of a sudden there is no more rule of a certain rest period after a fight, even if the fighter was unhurt. Wasnt there a month or something like that of recuperation in a way always a condition before fighting again?

Just a fun interesting fact here... Since they fought each other, Pettis has fought 2 times as opposed to Cerrone who (after the bendo fight) will have 9 fights in the same time period.

Cerrone literally forces u to be a fan of his i was never really a big fan of his for some reason but holy hell

Cerrone is a beast. Who doesn't love this guy?

But...I voted Bendo. I hate it, but he is 2 for 2 already. As much as I would love to see Cowboy win, pragmatically, my brain just tells me Henderson is the favorite.
In this instance I really hope I am wrong.

you gotta respect the hell out of cowboy for taking this fight but I really hope this doesn't blow up in his face.

bendo is a really tough opponent and cowboy is just about positioned for a title shot at this point.

kinda reminds me when liddell was in the same position and didn't have to fight belfort before the title shot but went ahead anyway. warrior style.

The only bad idea about it is cutting weight twice in three weeks, the rest is awesome.

Just wondering, is this a 5 rd fight or 3 rd fight? If it is a 5 rd fight I got to take Henderson with a decision. If it is 3 rounds, I would give the edge to Cowboy out working him. On another note, that short turn around time will be brutal. I remember Rick the horror Story fighting twice within 2 months and he got owned. Does anyone else remember someone winning with such a short turn around time?

Reminds me more and more of Chris Lytle everyday.

War Cowboy

Cerrone just won a bunch in a row, no way he is broke.

Benson all day.

Cowboy's biggest obstacle, career long, has been his mental game. Bendo's got 2 on him so that plays into this. I think Cowboy's recent run is a confidence boost for him compared to Bendo's. Also Bendo's weight cuts are getting more difficult, it seems.

I'm taking Cowboy if he makes it past the first round.

I like both these guys, Bendo trains locally but I've been a Cerrone fan since Tapout TV show.

Seems to me Cowboy is on a roll and Bendo is coming down of one.

I got Cowboy. He just had a fight so his nerves will not be there in this fight. Expect him to start strong and finish Bendo away early.

Back