Eddie Alvarez' ONE 8 figure deal

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
Eddie Alvarez Says His ONE Championship Deal Is Eight Figures

Eddie Alvarez says he’s the eight-figure man thanks to his ONE Championship deal.

Alvarez made some waves when he decided to sign with ONE Championship. “The Underground King” tested the free agency market and went with the best offer. No one quite expected the figure that the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Bellator lightweight champion is claiming.

Eddie Alvarez Scores Eight-Figure Deal?

Alvarez recently appeared on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show and made quite the reveal. “The Underground King” claimed he scored an eight-figure deal with ONE Championship. Greg Rosenstein brought this claim to light:

Wow. Eddie Alvarez says he signed a "8-figure fight deal" with @ONEChampionship.

Tells @arielhelwani the amount of fights is not as many as you would think.#HelwaniShow

— Greg Rosenstein (@grosenstein) October 22, 2018

While it’s possible that Alvarez was talking Singapore dollars, the number is still astronomical when converted to the United States dollar. Alvarez went on to say that he isn’t the only one making the jump to ONE Championship:

"I'm not the last large signing in the next month or so. There will be a shift, a massive shift, in power towards @ONEChampionship." – @Ealvarezfight to @arielhelwani.#HelwaniShow

“I’m not the last large signing in the next month or so. There will be a shift, a massive shift, in power towards ONE Championship.”

Alvarez has no set date for his ONE Championship debut. He told Helwani that he’s shooting for a bout in February or March 2019.

In his last outing, Alvarez was stopped by Dustin Poirier back in July. “The Underground King” was hoping to fight out of his UFC contract on a win. That didn’t negatively impact his value as a free agent, clearly. Alvarez had observed many offers. UFC, Bellator, Rizin, KSW, and ONE Championship were all reported to be in the running.

ONE splashing with that kind amount of cash may lure top fighters to fight in their promotion.

I believe ONE is the promotion to beat the UFC (not Bellator),

They have resources, the sponsors and tv deals to back it up.

One, this should all be in one post, not several.
Two, a source would be nice.

Who’s the other signing? One could sign Benson Henderson. That would be a great deal for them. He’s Asian and you have the Eddie matchup. The only other signing I could think of is Northcutt and there’s no way they’ll outbid Bellator for him.

Looking at that financial report they can't afford to pay Eddie let alone anyone else....

One is full of shit

Who’s the other signing? One could sign Benson Henderson. That would be a great deal for them. He’s Asian and you have the Eddie matchup. The only other signing I could think of is Northcutt and there’s no way they’ll outbid Bellator for him.
I believe Bendo is also headed to ONE.

I believe Bendo is also headed to ONE.
I believe that’s the move that makes the most sense for him. He’s of no value anymore to Bellator unless he takes a pay cut, and One could definitely use him with his Asian background and the potential to fight Eddie.

Interesting... still.. i think they should try to add relevant western fighters in each division... spending all the money in LW makes no sense for me...
It’s hard because nobody in Asia knows all these random guys at higher weight classes. It doesn’t make sense overpaying for a guy when he really doesn’t bring a big name to Asia. Kinda like Askren. He was making good money but nobody in Asia is going crazy to see Ben Askren fight. It has to be the right move for the right guy. Benson Henderson is a good one, former UFC champ, he’s Asian, and you already have Eddie for him to fight.

I believe ONE is the promotion to beat the UFC (not Bellator),

They have resources, the sponsors and tv deals to back it up.
I enjoy One FC for what it is, but they're in the wrong time zone for the audience to watch live in the important North American market.

Eddie is overrated if he really got paid that much imo.

And I doubt ONE will make power signings that will make a difference in the American and real important markets like Bellator has.

Bendo would do nothing for them unless they finally hold the Korean event they have been talking about for 4 or 5 years now, and even then his impact would probably be minimal.

I don't believe the amount, but if true good for Eddie. Because nobody will pay that for him, he becomes the most overpaid fighter in recent memory. If I'm Bellator I'll let Bendo walk if this self promoting crazies want to overpay for him. I don't believe nothing One people say

Bendo would do nothing for them unless they finally hold the Korean event they have been talking about for 4 or 5 years now, and even then his impact would probably be minimal.
He definitely would not be a game changing signing and probably wouldn’t be the tipping of an any power shift in the mma landscape but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he has value. He’s a decent age, is still winning fights, has an Asian background, and is a former UFC champ. And again, he could fight Eddie which would be a relatively big fight for One. Plus if someone like Christian Lee were to beat him, that’s a huge feather in his cap and something that could build his resume up. So to say he would do nothing is ridiculous, because he would make a lot of sense for them at the right price.

Eddie Alvarez Scores Eight-Figure Deal?

Alvarez recently appeared on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show and made quite the reveal. “The Underground King” claimed he scored an eight-figure deal with ONE Championship. Greg Rosenstein brought this claim to light:

Wow. Eddie Alvarez says he signed a "8-figure fight deal" with @ONEChampionship.

Tells @arielhelwani the amount of fights is not as many as you would think.#HelwaniShow

While it’s possible that Alvarez was talking Singapore dollars, the number is still astronomical when converted to the United States dollar. Alvarez went on to say that he isn’t the only one making the jump to ONE Championship:

"I'm not the last large signing in the next month or so. There will be a shift, a massive shift, in power towards @ONEChampionship." – @Ealvarezfight to @arielhelwani.#HelwaniShow

“I’m not the last large signing in the next month or so. There will be a shift, a massive shift, in power towards ONE Championship.”

Alvarez has no set date for his ONE Championship debut. He told Helwani that he’s shooting for a bout in February or March 2019.

In his last outing, Alvarez was stopped by Dustin Poirier back in July. “The Underground King” was hoping to fight out of his UFC contract on a win. That didn’t negatively impact his value as a free agent, clearly. Alvarez had observed many offers. UFC, Bellator, Rizin, KSW, and ONE Championship were all reported to be in the running.
we´re good.gif

If they sign Bendo, then Eddie-Bendo is a semi-halfway interesting fight (or not). There's no one else on their roster (including Aoki) that I'd pay a cent to watch. I don't blame Eddie for taking the money, but don't expect any more great fights like he had with Gaethje and Poirier.

trying to compete with the UFC has worked so well in the past.....

Back