Eddie Alvarez BAFFLED at how KHABIB is no1 contender!

I hear ya but khabib hasn't been as active and doesn't have wins as good as Thompson. Hendo vs bisping is pure bullshit though

I see the Bisping-Hendo rematch as a fight for the fans, it doesn't really impact the division at all, everyone that is in the wait will be contending for the title regardless who wins, it's just that Bisping and Hendo both are at the end of their careers so it makes too much sense to not cash in on that fight.

I think both Woodley and Eddie are just being blatant ducks and the bad part is they have no shame in it. They are both trying to deny who most think are the true champions of their divisions, because if Khabib and Thompson both were in the same spot I think they'd say they would take whoever the UFC puts in front of them or would know the worthy contender instead of the money fight.

The thing is the new owners are all about entertainment and media, so will they crumble and try to only make money fights or stay true to the sport, they want to make back their $4 billion, but cashing in in the beginning could bring the interest down long term from the best fighters being snubbed because they have uneventful fights like Ben Askren, or don't speak English.

Funny-Duck-GIF.gif

Alvarez handled the cream of the UFC's LW division, and he did it with ease. The Alvarez Chandler wars were the stuff of legends and by far some of the greatest LW fights ever witnessed. You think you can discredit Chandler because he lost to Will Brooks who had a tepid performance. When Chandler beat Alvarez there is not a UFC LW alive who could have beaten him on that night. He was that good. If the UFC LW is the most stacked on history, explain how a Bellator Champ who lost his Bellator belt just ran through the division?

Who did he run through? The dude lost his first fight decisively, then picked up two questionable wins over two guys while said guys weren't even at the top of the division.

I swear, it's like the guys saying RDA ran through the division after beating a couple of guys out of the ten contenders in the division.

Newsflash, nobody has run through everybody or close to it in that division, and the fact that nobody can hold onto the belt for more than a title fight or two goes to prove that.

Until Alvarez can stop dodging, and actually fight and beat the best in the division - he hasn't earned shit but a warm seat headlining the press conferences of fox cards.

I know he was a 20/20 and he stood up for himself, he finally broke through as mainstream star and that helped him.

I'm aware that being a champion doesn't afford you maximum leverage, as say Conor or Nate, but I never alluded to that. I said it offers them some leverage for better negotiations, perhaps get that money fight that they desire.

The belt really doesn't give you much leverage at all in and of itself.

We'll see in the upcoming weeks if that is true

Yep, i would expect that it revolves around how good things go for Conor. If he somehow dominates, the buzz might be on for another LW run

Yep, i would expect that it revolves around how good things go for Conor. If he somehow dominates, the buzz might be on for another LW run

Yes, I'd agree with that. Whether Conor wins or loses Saturday will be a major deciding point on who Eddie gets.

He has a point , Khabib has 1 win in two years , although he is the undefeated powerful wrestler that pretty much everyone in the division isn't chomping at the bit to face.

Im baffled as well. Dude is what, 23-0 and 7-0 in the ufc? Give him the shot alreay

Back