Eat or not to eat before night training?

Thanks, hopefully will help me with the headaches and low energy I have been feeling lately.

many people can't train on an empty stomach because they get low blood sugar if they don't eat fairly often.

do you think drinking a sugary drink, perhaps something like gatorade, would eliminate this?

I usually eat fairly filling stuff at like 3 hours before, make sure to take a shit before I go haha, and then eat lightly at night.

He can't eat before he goes surfing because it will give him cramps and he could drown himself. I give myself at least 2 hours after a meal b4 i will work out.

do you think drinking a sugary drink, perhaps something like gatorade, would eliminate this?

the dragging ass/headache/low energy/feeling like shit is just a sugar crash. the idea of juice is to get some sugar in the body without needing to put a lot of work into digestion. so yes, a sugary drink such as gatorade (or any other sugary drink) will do the trick. i just said juice because its better for you.

honestly just tinker with your body. go through the effort of making a conscious decision for three training sessions, record how you felt, change it up and try something else. you can figure out what's best for you pretty quick

kaoklairulz FTW.

Digestion takes time and energy. Eating a meal right before training does not give you fuel for your workout. You have to digest it first. Digestion is, in fact, an incredibly energy-taxing function. However, as mentioned, blood sugar levels do play a role in your energy level.

Jiu-jitsu is best done on an empty stomach.

I personally eat at least 2 hours before training.

yea i try to eat at least 1.5 hours before training.. but hey.. everyone is different.

Back