Eastern Europe dominating MMA

caucasus and central asia is not eastern europe. and 90% of the best "russian" fighters come from these regions (remaining 10% come from ukraine)

ethnic russians are chump fighters
Actually Most Of Caucasus is considered Eastern Europe. So much for that.

Interesting genetic map!
comment_bUwLMIdafQ1PjId1B2kLKY5eSkkKvbrx,w1200h627f.jpg

I searched for pictures of people for each genetic group, and here are what I found (obviously a generalization):

R1b (Uralic people)
Finno-Ugric-Udmurts01-full.jpg

R1a (Proto-Indo-Europeans)
main-qimg-71fb28329a7a73d9cd48fac11f3ac02e

I1a
hgi1.jpg
hgi1.jpg

I1b
I1c

J (J-M304)
hgJ1ppl.jpg

K

G
img_1964.png

E3b (E1b1b1)
african-tribes.jpg

Q (Q-M242, Siberia, Karakalpakstan, Native American)
hgQfeatured.jpg

N3 (M231)
haplogroup-n.jpg

This is big time bullshit. Just lol at "Proto Indo Europeans" being "R1a" and Iranians.
None of this is scientific whatsoever.

Also haplogroups have little to do with actual ethnic groups, it merely represents a common distant ancestor.

With some Brazilians, and Africa coming on strong.

I know some moron is gonna say "but so and so lives in Murica so he's not really African/Eastern European, etc.". But that's just a stupid argument, we know what we're talking about here, you can take up residence anywhere but we're talking about your genetics, bloodline, etc. I think Valentina Shevchenko lives in Peru, but only a complete idiot would consider her a Latina.

So who are the UFC champs today?

HW - Croatia (eastern Europe)
LHW - Poland (eastern Europe)
MW - Nigeria
WW - Nigeria
LW - Russia (eastern Europe)
FW - Macedonia (eastern Europe)
BW - Russia (eastern Europe)
FW - Brazil

WFW - Brazil
WBW - Brazil
WFW - Kyrgyzstan (eastern Europe)
WSW - China

So HALF of the UFC champs are from Eastern European countries, and these nations make up just a tiny fraction of the world's population.

Khamzat Chimaev is also from Eastern Europe and being touted as the next two weight champ, 170 and 185... can you imagine?

Life behind that Iron Curtain made us strong, hate away.

Bingo. Chimaev is the next 170 and 185 champ. Yep.

This is big time bullshit. Just lol at "Proto Indo Europeans" being "R1a" and Iranians.

Also haplogroups have little to do with actual ethnic groups, it merely represents a common distant ancestor.

actually haplogroups do tell a story, usually one of domination and genocide. theres nothing bullshit about it.

who are the proto indo europeans ?

Some of the listed fighters aren't Europe born or trained, so yeah--not European.

No it's not, it's a genetic branch going a few thousand years back. You'll notice that Poland is the most Slavic country there is, Slavs moved from what is Poland today to south of Europe and to Scandinavia (read about Slavic raids on Scandinavia between IX and XII century).

The female gene does not change much, as women were not killed during raids, they were taken as wives. Griffits of Pomerania loved them some Scandinavian princesses.

Valentina is most definitely eastern European. Especially if we are doing "Croatian" for Stipe due to his ethnicity as opposed to nationality (which is American of course)... Valentina is eastern Slav (Russian/Ukrainian) ethnically and Kyrgyzistani national citizenship.

Anyway, I welcome the internationalization of MMA. Let the best fight the best period, instead of the best of stupid-ass American reality TV shows.

Speaking for Eastern European genetics, we cannot ignore the Vanilla Gorilla: Brock Lesnar
His dad is half German and half Polish. The name Lesnar is from eastern Germany but has a Slavic origin:
https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=lesner
Lesner Name Meaning
Variant spelling of German Lessner, a habitational name from any of various places in eastern Germany called Lessen, all named with Slavic les ‘forest’.
Lesnar's face has that typical look of people from Poland and Eastern Europe: square and flat with high cheek bones and small eyes. When I first saw him I thought he was part Chinese. His dad can pass for a Pole, definitely not a typical American look.

brock-lesner.jpg

tdds0nm.jpg

Yeah this is not how geography works
We're not talking physical geography, we're talking cutlural and political geography. When you cross from the Western block to the Eastern block, you can tell the difference: the quality of the roads is different, the people are different. Their culture, customs, habits, way of life have been under strong indoctrination for decades. It reflects in the way people live, think, behave themselves. Of course it affects MMA because MMA is part of the culture. So when people say Eastern Europe, most of the time they mean the Eastern block. Because the Cold War is still a part of our lives whether we want to admit it or not. So referring to the Eastern block as Eastern Europe is also part of our culture. This is part of reading comprehension. When you fail to understand this you fail to read.

We're not talking physical geography, we're talking cutlural and political geography. When you cross from the Western block to the Eastern block, you can tell the difference: the quality of the roads is different, the people are different. Their culture, customs, habits, way of life have been under strong indoctrination for decades. It reflects in the way people live, think, behave themselves. Of course it affects MMA because MMA is part of the culture. So when people say Eastern Europe, most of the time they mean the Eastern block. Because the Cold War is still a part of our lives whether we want to admit it or not. So referring to the Eastern block as Eastern Europe is also part of our culture. This is part of reading comprehension. When you fail to understand this you fail to read.

Lol
Continents aren't culturally defined, they are pieces of fucking dirt
No one is calling you a European, are they?

Ignoring the typical Sherdog eugenics mob the real answer is much more cultural, fightsport is popular in eastern Europe AND the biggest sports draw(soccer) doesnt tend to favour big men the same way US sports do so theres less talent drain.

You look back to the 00's and really the backbone of the HW division was eastern European, Fedor, Crocop, Sergei, Aleks, Arlovski and Igor. After Pride died I think you had a period were US promoters(UFC espeically) couldnt be bothered to invest much in eastern European talent because they werent targetting those markets. They went for western european talent from countries they were trying to promote in but with a few exceptions like Conor, Bisping and Gus very little of this talent was good enough to make much impact, there simply wasnt the talent base. Its only in more recent years were seeing promoters finally looking to eastern Europe again and its much deeper talent pool.

Back